Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 4

Spaceman Spiff

Looking forward to Call of Duty 5. I played all of them except 3, (waiting on Utah for that one), and haven't been disappointed yet. I'm a big fan of the MOH series and wasn't sure how the COD series would compare. Pfffffft. Outstanding games. Playing COD2 right now for the 2nd time around and it is intense. I like all the stuff you can do and enjoy the action. It's intense. I played a little of COD 3 and man, it's got to be a wild ride. As for COD 4. All I can say is that there wasn't one bad thing about it. It's intense and story driven. And what happens to you as Jackson was a complete surprise. I'm going to have to find another modern combat game now. :)

Best game ever!:notworthy

I am worried that COD 5 wont't be as good. Treyarch just didn't get it done with COD 3. Oh well. Ill buy it anyway. I have all of them and can't get enough. When COD 4 took over Halo 3 for the game I played the most I knew it was an instant classic.

Just to warn you guys COD 5 is being developed by Treyarch aka the developers who did the average third one.

I could not believe they are letting Treyarch get another shot at it.

I hated COD3. Had the game for a week and traded it in. And COD2

was my favorite game of all time. COD3 was more like BF2 then

a call of COD game.

I played the multiplayer for the first time last night and racked up 55 kills in about 30 minutes or so of play time. To me, COD4 is more of an arcade style game that requries very little skill basically it is how fast you can process the information and in 2 trigger pulls your target is dead. However, because of its fast pace it is fun to play. I was rather amazed how fast game play was.

One map I played that had the helicopter crashed with the christmas presents all around was a pretty fun map although it was kinda fun. But, it was small. The other map I played was very strange. extreamly small map. It didn't matter if you were SAS or Terrorists, you spawned in the same place, there were times I was dead before I could take a shot since spawn camping was the norm for that map. Sometimes I would spawn back up and shoot the terrorist that spawned on top of me.

Overall I had a blast but this requires non of the planning and skill that Crysis players need. Honestly they feel like two different FPS type games.

I played the multiplayer for the first time last night and racked up 55 kills in about 30 minutes or so of play time. To me, COD4 is more of an arcade style game that requries very little skill basically it is how fast you can process the information and in 2 trigger pulls your target is dead. However, because of its fast pace it is fun to play. I was rather amazed how fast game play was.

One map I played that had the helicopter crashed with the christmas presents all around was a pretty fun map although it was kinda fun. But, it was small. The other map I played was very strange. extreamly small map. It didn't matter if you were SAS or Terrorists, you spawned in the same place, there were times I was dead before I could take a shot since spawn camping was the norm for that map. Sometimes I would spawn back up and shoot the terrorist that spawned on top of me.

Overall I had a blast but this requires non of the planning and skill that Crysis players need. Honestly they feel like two different FPS type games.

You need to start playing with better teams/clans. If you don't go into

a map with a well designed strategy and the skill to execute it you

will get your @@@ handed to you by the better

players. If you want to play with more mature players I would

go to "2oldtoplay.com" You have to be 25 or older and they have

hundreds of COD4 players. They even have their own tourneys.

Average age is probably around 35. Most are married with kids.

You can create a huge COD4 Friends List with cool players there

by simply clicking on a button next to each members name. No

more getting thrown into a random room with a bunch of

brats who blast music and cuss all game long.

If you visit I am registered there as "swank222";)

You need to start playing with better teams/clans. If you don't go into

a map with a well designed strategy and the skill to execute it you

will get your @@@ handed to you by the better

players. If you want to play with more mature players I would

go to "2oldtoplay.com" You have to be 25 or older and they have

hundreds of COD4 players. They even have their own tourneys.

Average age is probably around 35. Most are married with kids.

You can create a huge COD4 Friends List with cool players there

by simply clicking on a button next to each members name. No

more getting thrown into a random room with a bunch of

brats who blast music and cuss all game long.

If you visit I am registered there as "swank222";)

I will definately check it out as I had a blast when I played last night. One of the things I realized is you have to keep moving, otherwise you are dead. The small map size forces a lot of action quickly, where as the larger Crysis map require more strategy. Not saying one is better than the other becuase I enjoy both games, but they require a different skill set. I will be on there tonite for sure.

Play search & destroy.

• 4 weeks later...

Any tips or tricks?

One that has been working for me lately is getting three kills in a row and not calling in the UAV support right away. I'll look for a 4th kill and then after that, call in the UAV so I can hopefully combine my radar with a really good airstrike and call in a chopper.

Anybody here (with PC version) compete on TWL, CAL, CEVO, or some other league?

I play SD on TWL and will be on CAL for season 2.

I play on PC but I don't play on any ladders. Do you have xfire? I'd be interested in playing with you to see how good I am.

• 3 months later...

Archived