Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 4

Spaceman Spiff

Anyone know if they penalize you if you skip games?

For example if I'm in the lobby waiting for a free for all death match to start and I don't like the map that I'm scheduled to play (specifically bloc, strike, backlot) I'll leave and go try to find another game.

I did this a bunch last night and now I can't get into any games at all. I'm sitting in lobby's by myself and no one joins in. It's been going on for about a half hour now.

I did this a bunch last night and now I can't get into any games at all. I'm sitting in lobby's by myself and no one joins in. It's been going on for about a half hour now.

Yeah they didn't penalize you it's just that Infinity Ward is having server problems (well into last night/this morning) and I was hoping it would be fixed by now. I guess they are still having these problems?

Yeah they didn't penalize you it's just that Infinity Ward is having server problems (well into last night/this morning) and I was hoping it would be fixed by now. I guess they are still having these problems?

I guess so. I wouldn't think they'd penalize me for something like that.

Ah well, back to single player.

How did you know they were having server problems?

I guess so. I wouldn't think they'd penalize me for something like that.

Ah well, back to single player.

How did you know they were having server problems?

I tried playing online last night and I was just sitting in the lobby for the longest time. And it kept happening so I went to the IGN boards and it turned out everyone was having problems and saying it's Infinity's server problems.

I tried playing online last night and I was just sitting in the lobby for the longest time. And it kept happening so I went to the IGN boards and it turned out everyone was having problems and saying it's Infinity's server problems.

Oh, ok. Good to know...

Hopefully they get it straightened out. I need my fix sometime tonight after the bar :)

Okay. That was a fun game. Will have to play it again at a harder level. Liked the sniper level,(a bit harrowing at times), and felt like I was in the movie Black Hawk down a few times as well.

pcs, i have been playing cod4 on legendary for over 30 hours and i am just entering act 3

Legendary? I'm building up to that. Figure I want to make sure that I'm not going to die every 3 seconds before going that far.

:laugh: I'm pretty sure my neighbors would be a little curious as to who I may be talking **** with at times when I'm playing this game if I was a little louder.

"Yeah! Look at your ass now!"

"Sucks to be you!"

And other assorted mature comebacks when killing an enemy soldier or 7. :)

Legendary? I'm building up to that. Figure I want to make sure that I'm not going to die every 3 seconds before going that far.

its not even that.. its the AI and the number of soliders.

if u remember the scene from the tv news room, they are about 20-25 guys in there ready to kill you

and also the scene where you hide behind the crates and guys are on the other side, there are another 20-25 guys on that

Both took me about 3-4 hours to successfully complete

Yo skins24 send me a friends request''Watch ya head69''.I'ma beast with the any sniper rifle except the m21 the .50 is my bestfriend.I have over a thousand headshots,I once got a kill streak of 18 the final outcome of that match was 27 kills,1 assist,1death.My best game yet.

I absolutely love COD 4. I have gotten pretty good, average a solid 2-1 kill to death ratio, sometimes get up to 3-1 if I am playing well that night.

What guns/ perk combos do you guys like to use?

I have found that the AK47 with 3 frags stopping power and last stand works very well in Free for all and Team Deathmatch. I use a run and gun strategy, I am always on the move.

i think i'm one of the few that's not totally sold on this game yet. i still am not convinced i like this game better than COD2....i only play either one online.

my gripe about this game is that it has gone from a shooting game to a game way too focused on effin' grenades. frags, stun, flash, martyrdom(which is the gheyest thing ever in a fps). grenades are everywhere, it's too much, imo.

I absolutely love COD 4. I have gotten pretty good, average a solid 2-1 kill to death ratio, sometimes get up to 3-1 if I am playing well that night.

What guns/ perk combos do you guys like to use?

I have found that the AK47 with 3 frags stopping power and last stand works very well in Free for all and Team Deathmatch. I use a run and gun strategy, I am always on the move.

I use the claymores. They're alright, they're not guaranteed an instant kill though. They're good for putting at the tops of stairs/ladders and areas where people can't move away quickly enough. I might consider using something else though, I have to check and see what that spot holds.

I use the Juggernaut so I'm harder to kill. I've been in many a firefight where I should have died but didn't. And then I hear the guy who I just killed go "WHAT THE ****!!!" :laugh:

Extreme Conditioning might be my all time favorite though...being able to sprint for longer distances helps me sneak up on people that I see from far away and give them a good blast or two with my shotgun. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone running along minding their own business and I've run up on them from a great distance and killed them. It also helps to run away from an enemy if I'm getting shot in the back and don't have time to turn around and return fire.

As far as guns go, I use a shotgun, either of them work. Not great from distances but that's alright, I'm always running and gunning, too.

I hate the assault rifle with the three shot burst. I hate the three shot burst :(

I live in an condo - had the cops come over last weekend. My neighbors thought that a full scale gun battle had started next door. Me opening the door with headset on, cops laugh and tell me that they both have the game. Anyhow, they tell me that if they have to come back, I am getting a ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
i think i'm one of the few that's not totally sold on this game yet. i still am not convinced i like this game better than COD2....i only play either one online.

my gripe about this game is that it has gone from a shooting game to a game way too focused on effin' grenades. frags, stun, flash, martyrdom(which is the gheyest thing ever in a fps). grenades are everywhere, it's too much, imo.

and your probably the only person in the world who thinks this way

Archived