Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 4

Spaceman Spiff

How'd you do that?

And how is it? :)

my cousin got me a code for it...i haven't been able to play yet, i hope to after i get back from the 'skins game 2nite.

he played it and said it's great. he said it's a good mix of 2 and 4 (not quite as fast/hectic/chaotic as 4, but faster than 2)

you can hide in trees....but flamethrowers are one of the weapons. :)

I've got the COD5 beta too. It's alright. I hope the finished version is smoother and the hit detection is a little better. Seems that you really have to pepper someone to drop them, or maybe the initial guns they let you use are just weak, I dunno.

I wish they would have stuck with the modern theme. The WWII stuff is so played out. I'm sure this game will be a big hit, it's based on the same game engine as COD4 so how bad can it really be, but I have a feeling there will still be plenty of people playing COD4 for a long time.

I've got the COD5 beta too. It's alright. I hope the finished version is smoother and the hit detection is a little better. Seems that you really have to pepper someone to drop them, or maybe the initial guns they let you use are just weak, I dunno.

I wish they would have stuck with the modern theme. The WWII stuff is so played out. I'm sure this game will be a big hit, it's based on the same game engine as COD4 so how bad can it really be, but I have a feeling there will still be plenty of people playing COD4 for a long time.

i think fps are played out altogether.

• 4 months later...
I've been rehooked, but I've got it on PS3. Pretty sure I've gotten like 10 promotions since last friday. Double XP ftw :geek:

I know man, this double XP is spoiling us. I hate the prestige badge I have. I've been playing the **** out of COD to get rid of it. Level 30 to 50 in 5 days. They're spoiling us!

COD 6 better be out by the time it comes back to normal!

First person shooters with a controller make me cry :(

So it's easier for you, but it's a god damned mouse. God help you if you have to actually pull a trigger. The whole concept of a FPS is to mimic shooting weapons. That means pulling triggers. How stagnant will our society get until we're controlling FPS' like Steven Hawking controls his wheelchair?

"Screw a mouse, airtubes FTW!"

All the time.

Headquarters ftw!

I would enjoy this double XP more....if I wasn't already maxed :)

I cannot stand headquarters. The team that controls the base always spawns next to it. If you lose the base, you might as well kiss the game goodbye. You spawn like 35 miles from it when you don't have it.

It's almost like whoever captures it first wins.

I love me some Domination, but there are some dumb sons of ****es that play that game. Such an objective-based game, and they camp with an SMG near "C". I wish it was hardcore. I'd kill my own teammates constantly.

So it's easier for you, but it's a god damned mouse. God help you if you have to actually pull a trigger. The whole concept of a FPS is to mimic shooting weapons. That means pulling triggers. How stagnant will our society get until we're controlling FPS' like Steven Hawking controls his wheelchair?

"Screw a mouse, airtubes FTW!"

I don't understand your argument. You are putting down mice because its not the same as pulling a trigger? And mashing a button on a controller is right?

I am just saying using a controller to shoot people is not very accurate or precise. A good laser or optical mouse tracks very well and allows you to get very good accuracy.

These are video games... regardless of platorm nothing will be the same as actually shooting a real gun.

So yeah your argument makes no sense.

I don't understand your argument. You are putting down mice because its not the same as pulling a trigger? And mashing on an A button is, right?

I am just saying using a controller to shoot people is not very accurate or precise. A good laser or optical mouse tracks very well and allows you to get very good accuracy.

These are video games... regardless of platorm nothing will be the same as actually shooting a real gun.

Right, so why don't you go and play Top Gun from Nintendo since the realism has nothing to do with it? Of course we aren't shooting real guns, but we certainly don't press A on XBOX 360. We pull a freaking trigger.

You basically sound like a noob that needs help aiming so you use a mouse. If anything, you should be impressed with how well some of us "controller users" do judging by how superior mice are. Seriously, it's like you're bragging that you have a mouse. Holy ****, what are those?

If you are familiar with COD 4. You're like a guy using an m16 with juggernoob, martyrnoob and the noobtube saying, "people that don't use my perks make me want to cry".

Right, so why don't you go and play Top Gun from Nintendo since the realism has nothing to do with it? Of course we aren't shooting real guns, but we certainly don't press A on XBOX 360. We pull a freaking trigger.

You basically sound like a noob that needs help aiming so you use a mouse. If anything, you should be impressed with how well some of us "controller users" do judging by how superior mice are. Seriously, it's like you're bragging that you have a mouse. Holy ****, what are those?

If you are familiar with COD 4. You're like a guy using an m16 with juggernoob, martyrnoob and the noobtube saying, "people that don't use my perks make me want to cry".

LOL why so hostile? You sound like a console fanboy :D.

I think its pretty funny how you're calling me a noob and yet you are the one using a controller to play a first person shooter. Honestly, have you ever played COD4 on a good PC with a good mouse? I mean if you haven't how can you just judge a mouse as being inferior?

My brother has COD4 on the 360 and it just feels way to sloppy when trying to play... the controls just aren't there especially compared to a PC. I own COD4 and its good fun but I don't like the deathmatch aspect so I stick to CS:S.

Also because the controller has a trigger makes it so real is pretty laughable man. And yet you move around using a joypad. Kinda nullifies the whole thing.

I am obviously not going to get any support here as 90% of the people in this thread play the console version.

Try the PC version and let me know. Its all about accuracy in FPS man... 1800 DPI + 1000mhz polling rate > childish controller

:D

I don't understand your argument. You are putting down mice because its not the same as pulling a trigger? And mashing a button on a controller is right?

Well, statistically speaking, I hit on over 50% of my shots according to the stat tracker on CoD4. I'm ranked in the top 10-11 thousand of all CoD players...controllers work fine :nerd:

Double XP is great....I only play Free For All so the points have been doubled from 5 to 10 though.

LOL why so hostile? You sound like a console fanboy :D.

I think its pretty funny how you're calling me a noob and yet you are the one using a controller to play a first person shooter. Honestly, have you ever played COD4 on a good PC with a good mouse? I mean if you haven't how can you just judge a mouse as being inferior?

My brother has COD4 on the 360 and it just feels way to sloppy when trying to play... the controls just aren't there especially compared to a PC. I own COD4 and its good fun but I don't like the deathmatch aspect so I stick to CS:S.

Also because the controller has a trigger makes it so real is pretty laughable man. And yet you move around using a joypad. Kinda nullifies the whole thing.

I am obviously not going to get any support here as 90% of the people in this thread play the console version.

Try the PC version and let me know. Its all about accuracy in FPS man... 1800 DPI + 1000mhz polling rate > childish controller

:D

I have more games on the PC than I do Xbox. Half Life 2 and Halo I had to turn in because the mouse, while easy to control, doesn't feel right. I guess growing up in the Nintendo generation makes one comfortable with controllers. It really comes down to what a person is comfortable with. I'm sure there are people with controllers that could own you, as there are people with mice that could own me.

Preferences are everything, but as a guy that shoots assault rifles at his uncle's house all the time, I prefer squeezing a trigger. Sure, it's a simple Xbox controller, but it's still a friggen trigger. I don't know what is so hard to understand.

Anyway, the bottom line is that it all comes down to preference. You think it's too bulky, yet it's a secondary equilibrium to a ton of gamers.

There's no need to start a mouse vs. controller war when it really comes down to preference and comfort.

a little unrealistically accurate, wouldn't you say?

hence the silly smilie

you could do it though if you don't spray and play conservatively but wheres the fun in that.

now i expect you to say how a joystick is the best of all input devices :laugh:

Archived