Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins will be a beter QB than Jason! (Merged)

nquizitor

people forget that JC beat out collins for the starting job. Collins looked JC with that fumble.

folks like this are bandwagon jumppers, once collins gets exposed for journeyman qb he is, people will be crying for mark b

Huh? that is bullcrap he never beat Collins out, he never had too. The job was handed to Jason because of him being a 1st Rd pick and Gibb's boy. you need to go look at the preseason stats.

I'm just shocked how this forum has turned on Jason Campbell. After his game against the Cowboys a few weeks ago, it seemed that the ES was behind him. Who knew?

I don't think losing JC for the season bodes well for the Skins, though. I thought he made a lot of progress this season.

Only the idiots have turned on Jason Campbell. It just so happens a lot of people on ES fall under the idiot catagory. :laugh:

They'll see what JC means when teams gameplan for Collins and see he has no arm whatsoever. I'll cheer for the team to somehow rally behind him, but I doubt Collins does as well as he does tonight against a healthy Giants squad.

The answer is they both SUX. This argument is stupid. TC is a career backup. JC will be a future backup too. The sooner we invest in a new QB the faster we'll turn things around. A mediocre QB leads to having a mediocre team. Wonder, where we are at right now.

You people are nut cases. I knew the "replace JC" thread would miraculously appear as soon as we won the game. Ok so Collins had his "game of the century" as Chris Collinsworth said. So the heck what? He has no velocity on his passes, and he did what he was supposed to do. He came in and relieved well without throwing an interceptions. Let's see what folks are saying after the Giants. Also I saw some REAL good blocking for Collins up front. What was that all about? I never see Campbell getting that sort of protection? I am not insinuating but really Collins had all day in the pocket to pass the ball.

JC is the future and he is our guy.

Got it. JC is our QB and Collins is the backup. Thanks for your contribution to the thread!

He has already put more brain power into that post then you have all night and THEN SOME. Just give it a rest. To say a 36 year old WILL be better than a developing 24 heard only makes you look like a crackhead.

JC is the future, but Collins is simply better in this offense. No contest. Perhaps this is a blessing for all, Campbell will see Collins make the proper decisions and learn from the sideline.

If the coaches would playcall to go for the kill when Campbell is in, then you'd see the same results. But they've been trying to sit on small leads and it puts us behind and then Campbell has to try and lead the team on a game-winning drive in road games (Dallas, TB) and when he throws picks and can't get it done peopel hate on him, when it started on the sidelines when the coached didn't trust him to go for the kill in the first place.

Well wouldn't it be nice to see Jason come through in the clutch ONCE? The kid has had a number of times to show us he can do it.

You are rushing it though. You develop the ability to make the right decisions when it matters and Jason will lead a comeback very soon, whether that be this season if the patella injury isn't that severe or next season.

This thread is almost too funny... Collins is a career backup for a reason people. Is he capable of having a game like last night? Yes! Thats whys he's here. Is he capable of leading this team? No! Thats why he's a career backup. Its really that simple.... Jason come back soon!

If the coaches would playcall to go for the kill when Campbell is in, then you'd see the same results. But they've been trying to sit on small leads and it puts us behind and then Campbell has to try and lead the team on a game-winning drive in road games (Dallas, TB) and when he throws picks and can't get it done peopel hate on him, when it started on the sidelines when the coached didn't trust him to go for the kill in the first place.
Perhaps it is not the playcalling afterall. Every play affords the QB several decisions, Collins made the right reads and attacked the defense. One has to admit that the 5 yard passes on 3rd and 8 all but disappeared when Collins came in. He just knows the offense better, he has run it for 8 years. I am serious when I say that this could be an invaluable learning experience for Campbell.

We were getting that with Campbell. 6.5 yards per pass play with JC. Todd Collins couldn't be any worse. Luckily, he's outplaying JC! ;)

Just having Collins in the game is opening up the run. I'm loving this baby! 4-0, 9-7, NFC championship game!

Bipolarism is a terrible thing.

I am starting to think that JC needs to be put back in to cook a little longer, ala Mark Rypien. Time after time I have seen JC's hesitations and throws behind the reciever cost us close games and we need someone who can make those throws. JC can still be the future but I dont think it would hurt to ride out TC and see where it takes us.

Collins is so much better for our offense than JC. No coincidence that Portis gets running lanes when Collins comes in. JC is horrible for our offense. Him getting hurt is a good thing for us- I bet we go 4-0. We're the third best team in the NFC without Campbell. Collins 5/6 for 91 yards and a td pass, Campbell 10/16 for 100. I'm so happy right now. :D

Campbell is not very good. He is OK. Another couple of draft picks wasted right there. Not very accurate and he is a fumbulina. It's a shame too because he will get more chances than he should to be the the starting QB because Joe traded the store for him. He will consistently turn the ball over, Wait and see.

Archived