Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins will be a beter QB than Jason! (Merged)

nquizitor

I can't stand all this blind faith in JC. Yes he's raw and this is his first season but with Collins in the game (event he preseason) the O just clikcs. He makes better decisions than JC, and is faster freleasing the ball than JC. JC's release is not an NFL release people. Its just too slow, and in the NFl miliseconds count.

Now lets wait to see how he does against the Giants but I feel Collins is def better for us down the stretch. Look guys he did one thing tonight the JC still hasn't done. He took us down for a TD when we needed it, I'm still waiting for JC to do it, and BTW Derek Anderson who has much less exp than JC has done is 3 times this yr already.

We may need another QB in the draft, I'm not sold on JC at all.

i just went through all 300 posts, and this is the best post of the night.....JC is not even better than Derek Anderson.....the blind faith by our fan base will cause more bad Redskins years....btw, i hated the Brunell era before it even started.....lets face it, TC knows the Saunders system.....i realize it will get tougher for Collins as teams game plan for him, but he has far more football intelligence than JC can dream of having at this point in his career....if Collins gets hurt, and Brunell comes in, my television goes OFF.....for all of you questioning Collins arm strength, it is not required with proper timing......ATTN ALL SKINS FANS: DO NOT KEEP BLIND FAITH

It is obvious that the hate for Campbell on here is b/c he is BLACK...Crucify me if you want...I could care less!

Yeah I said it...I'm tired of this BS...TaylorCoreRedskin you compare JC in his 2nd yr in the system to TC who is in his 10th yr in this system...Of course TC has the rhythm of the offense down and knows were to go with the ball...How does that equate to JC's brainpower? Is he just supposed to fully know the offense in 2yrs or does he get to learn it? That's like comparing a 2yr olds understanding of English to a 10yr olds...It's all about experience and using it...Why don't you understand that?

Then you want to draft another QB??? You can't take when JC makes mistakes...So you think a rookie QB isn't going to make any mistakes? How does that make sense? Will you allow the rookie to make mistakes or gain an understanding of the offense and NFL defenses or will you also compare him to HoF QB's/the upper echelon QB's in the league?

What insight do you have that NFL insiders don't to say that JC "sucks" or that he doesn't have the brain power to succeed? If those things were the case we would of heard that by now...Every report on JC's progress from the local, and national media or NFL Insiders is that JC is right on schedule and he will be a good starter in this league...

Please help me to understand your opinions on JC...I agree that JC has alot of things to work on, namely his release and ball security...But just help me understand your hate for this man?

OK guys

1st) Todd Collins is not the QB of the future. The guys is 36. JC is the future.

2nd) Collins knows this system very well. He has been with Saunders for a long time.

3rd) The Bears came into this game expecting Jason Campbell. They prepared and set a gameplan on defense for Jason Campbell. The set up a gameplan to stop a strong armed qB with mobility.

Todd Collins coming into the game was a curve ball. They did not prepare to face a weaker armed Collins, who can't make some of the thrwos JC did.

My point is, it will be a little tuffer next weak for Todd when a team goes into a game knowing he is the QB, and developing a gameplan around his strenghts and weaknesses.

Lets not get carried away hear, the guy is a career backup for a reason. But its nice to see he can come in and play well.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Saunders lobby for Collins to be the starter last year instead of Brunell? It looks like Saunders was on to something.

15/20, 224 yards and 2 TD's, no picks. I'm pretty impressed.

He did do something that JC has not done all year. Make the plays happen in the 4th quarter when we needed it most. And he did it on his first try no less.

Well i'm not bashing JC, just giving TC mad props. He played awesome tonight and is most deserving of our respect. Let's hope he can win it out for us.

todd collins is an EXTREMELY smart qb, and supposedly knows saunders' playbook like the back of his hand.. but his arm strength is a huge issue. there's a reason chad pennington got benched this year, and it wasn't because he's too dumb or unable to play qb.

Why does it matter? We were not hitting anything long anyways nor was Green in KC on a consistent basis, Gonzalez was his main target (as Cooley may be) gathered with passes to the backs (like we did today)...

Campbell IS our future but we CAN win games with Collins because he knows the offense.

I can't believe everyone's ready to just toss Campbell under the bus after 1 game. Campbell was getting pummelled out there for crying out loud. You want to trade in a 25 year old for a 35 year old? Collins has spent about 5 years in the Saunders offense, so he knows it inside and out. Saunders cleary opened up the passing game because he trusts Collins more at this point. I hope we do well the rest of year but it's kind of empty now not seeing Jason develop more.

i just went through all 300 posts, and this is the best post of the night.....JC is not even better than Derek Anderson.....the blind faith by our fan base will cause more bad Redskins years....btw, i hated the Brunell era before it even started.....lets face it, TC knows the Saunders system.....i realize it will get tougher for Collins as teams game plan for him, but he has far more football intelligence than JC can dream of having at this point in his career....if Collins gets hurt, and Brunell comes in, my television goes OFF.....for all of you questioning Collins arm strength, it is not required with proper timing......ATTN ALL SKINS FANS: DO NOT KEEP BLIND FAITH

collins has more football intelligence? how so, cuz they beat the bears tonight? as other have said, if collins is the guy the rest of the season, lets wait and see how "super smart" he is. has the fan base gotten so desperate for some positive results that we are going nuts. read other posts noting this: pr vs th, mb vs pr, mb vs jc, gf vs hs etc... jc is probably done for the year, lets not start down this fake qb controversy.

OK guys

1st) Todd Collins is not the QB of the future. The guys is 36. JC is the future.

2nd) Collins knows this system very well. He has been with Saunders for a long time.

3rd) The Bears came into this game expecting Jason Campbell. They prepared and set a gameplan on defense for Jason Campbell. The set up a gameplan to stop a strong armed qB with mobility.

Todd Collins coming into the game was a curve ball. They did not prepare to face a weaker armed Collins, who can't make some of the thrwos JC did.

My point is, it will be a little tuffer next weak for Todd when a team goes into a game knowing he is the QB, and developing a gameplan around his strenghts and weaknesses.

Lets not get carried away hear, the guy is a career backup for a reason. But its nice to see he can come in and play well.

a career back-up for a reason.......did you ever stop and think that the guy was never given a chance

I cant believe you would actually think that TC is better than JC. That is pathetic.

I know you weren't talking to me... but how do you think Campbell is a better NFL QB than Collins?

Most of the evidence points in the other direction.

I'm not happy that we might have blown some high picks with Jason, but I'm a Redskin fan first and foremost. I honestly think Collins will run the offense better.

I'm not glad Jason got hurt, of course... but I do think it's a good thing in that we get the last part of this season to see how the offense runs with Collins as opposed to Campbell.

If Collins continues to look better than Jason and moves the ball and gets some wins... then we know a big part of our problem has been our QB and that we should bring in some serious competition for Jason.

I'm not saying Collins is all that... just better than Campbell.

I think JC is our guy, but Collins could very well lead us to the playoffs and beyond. He just knows the playbook better, and being a veteran, he's not as likely to make costly mistakes. As much as I hate to say it, I think Collins would've won both the Dallas and Bucs games.

What other games have you actually seen Todd Collins play in? HUH? HUH? HUH?

STFU and get off the bandwagon.

Why does it matter? We were not hitting anything long anyways nor was Green in KC on a consistent basis, Gonzalez was his main target (as Cooley may be) gathered with passes to the backs (like we did today)...

Campbell IS our future but we CAN win games with Collins because he knows the offense.

it matters because folks will jump outs as they did to pennington for pic 6's earlier this year. in the meadowlands weak passes can be killers. collins was throwing some softballs out there and a few times was lucky it wasnt a pic. granted that can be said for jc or any qb. however this is on collins arm and how it might not be a good thing.

I cant believe you would actually think that TC is better than JC. That is pathetic.

You obviouly know very little about the game or don't watch the games or you are just trying to be difficult.

Perhaps you noticed that the Redskins scored ZERO....ZERO points with Jason Campbell in the game. Todd Collins or TC as you like to cal him.....put 24 points up on the board and actually directed a game winning drive, something Campbell has not been able to do ALL season long.

Take off the Jason Campbell fan club poster off your wall and get into reality.

I cannot believe some of you guys refuse to recognize that, as of today, TC is better. JC is the future, of course.

Saunders offense requires the quarterback to properly recognize his target by the time he drops back. TC does this. JC has occasionally shown that he can do this, but he is still way too slow. This is not about armstrength, but about quick reads and decision making ability.

Our o-line stinks, and TC still scored 24 against the Bears. With healthy o-line, TC would have been much better.

When JC masters Saunders offense and get our o-line is in full-strength, we will be damned good. (Much better than we were against Packers, Dallas, or Giants). Jason has been progressing every game this year -- he will get there at TC's level, though it may take some time.

It's not blind faith, sometimes I really can't believe our fan base. If you asked all 31 other NFL teams tomorrow which one of our QB's they'd rather have, do you honestly believe they'd say Collins? I honestly think some of you expect a 2nd year QB to be Peyton Manning or something. Arm strength is a big issue, just ask Pennington. There's a reason Collins is a career backup, I just want Jason to rest well and get ready to start next year.

Collins look good but let's keep this in perspective. The Bears were probably not prepared to face him at all. I think he may see the field a little better than Campbell at this time but is still not the better QB. Playing against the Giants will show us how good this guy really is. It will be a very tall order for him to slice through Giants defense. Good backup but not better than Campbell. He doesn't have the athletic ability of JC but does have more experience. Over time i think numbers would lean to JC by quite a bit.

Enough Said!!!:cheers:

It is obvious that the hate for Campbell on here is b/c he is BLACK...Crucify me if you want...I could care less!

Yeah I said it...I'm tired of this BS...TaylorCoreRedskin you compare JC in his 2nd yr in the system to TC who is in his 10th yr in this system...Of course TC has the rhythm of the offense down and knows were to go with the ball...How does that equate to JC's brainpower? Is he just supposed to fully know the offense in 2yrs or does he get to learn it? That's like comparing a 2yr olds understanding of English to a 10yr olds...It's all about experience and using it...Why don't you understand that?

Then you want to draft another QB??? You can't take when JC makes mistakes...So you think a rookie QB isn't going to make any mistakes? How does that make sense? Will you allow the rookie to make mistakes or gain an understanding of the offense and NFL defenses or will you also compare him to HoF QB's/the upper echelon QB's in the league?

What insight do you have that NFL insiders don't to say that JC "sucks" or that he doesn't have the brain power to succeed? If those things were the case we would of heard that by now...Every report on JC's progress from the local, and national media or NFL Insiders is that JC is right on schedule and he will be a good starter in this league...

Please help me to understand your opinions on JC...I agree that JC has alot of things to work on, namely his release and ball security...But just help me understand your hate for this man?

I know you weren't talking to me... but how do you think Campbell is a better NFL QB than Collins?

Most of the evidence points in the other direction.

I'm not happy that we might have blown some high picks with Jason, but I'm a Redskin fan first and foremost. I honestly think Collins will run the offense better.

I'm not glad Jason got hurt, of course... but I do think it's a good thing in that we get the last part of this season to see how the offense runs with Collins as opposed to Campbell.

If Collins continues to look better than Jason and moves the ball and gets some wins... then we know a big part of our problem has been our QB and that we should bring in some serious competition for Jason.

I'm not saying Collins is all that... just better than Campbell.

collins came in and won. good. i just dont see hes is better at this point. collins had 27 pass attempts in 10 years prior to tonight (1997 was his last major paying time). when collins had playing time, he wasnt any good either (if folks think jc isnt good). if he does good with jc out, fine. collins IS NOT the starter next year...

Terrible to lose a player to an injury, but it may be the best thing to happen for the redskins if they have any hope for the season.

The worst news is that we will have to wait until next year to judge Campbell's progress. Then, fans will again claim its only his first year.

What a change though. all of a sudden we start getting touchdowns again. Last I looked, it was the same offensive line.

Collins look good but let's keep this in perspective. The Bears were probably not prepared to face him at all. I think he may see the field a little better than Campbell at this time but is still not the better QB.

You are overestimating game planning against pocket passer.

TC is clearly better than Jason at this point.

Playing against the Giants will show us how good this guy really is. It will be a very tall order for him to slice through Giants defense. Good backup but not better than Campbell. He doesn't have the athletic ability of JC but does have more experience. Over time i think numbers would lean to JC by quite a bit.

It is not the athletic ability that makes TC better than JC. It is his understanding of the offense.

JC was showing flashes of TC -- JC will get there, in time.

collins came in and won. good. i just dont see hes is better at this point. collins had 27 pass attempts in 10 years prior to tonight (1997 was his last major paying time). when collins had playing time, he wasnt any good either (if folks think jc isnt good). if he does good with jc out, fine. collins IS NOT the starter next year...

so JaSON cAMPBELL is the starter next year? Great..another year of fumbles and interceptions each game and high passes thrown over the heads of wide open receivers. Great. You agree with Joe Gibbs and therefore you are as smart as the man who calls 2 time outs back for a penalty and loses a game.

You go guy.

Archived