Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins will be a beter QB than Jason! (Merged)

nquizitor

I'm not going to hold my breath. I really hope Todd can lead us in 3-0, but why the posts saying he is better than Jason? Listen, Jason is our guy and he will get better as time passes. Point is, look at Feely of the Eagles. Everyone said this was going to be the Eagles QB of the future and how Donovan should sit the bench. So what does he do, comes out next week and throws 4 picks and loses the game. Now everyone is screaming for Mcnabb back. Same situation here, although I pray that Collins can do this for us.

Get REAL... TC has been a back up for 10 years for a reason. Sure he knows the system, but the Gaints,Vikings, And Cowboys will soon know Todd.

JC needs to get alittle more touch on the ball and get more air under it on deep throws and we'll all be singing his praise.

Good team win... Sean is smiling down on us all.

R I P #21:(

People, TC cannot make all the throws required for the NFL......that's why he has been a career backup!! Now that teams know he will be the starter, they will take all the routes away they he can throw well and make him throw the outs where he does not have the arm strenght and therefore interception city!!! I love the way he played last night but let's get for real. If we could give him JC arm then it would be a different story and TC NFL career would be different as well!!

how did i know this thread would appear

ill withhold judgement for now

OK, the sun shines on a dogs behind every once in awhile. How can a guy that has been a career backup move ahead of JC? Just because he knows the offense dosent mean anything, if it did he would have been starting from day one. Todd Collins, geezz, give me a break.

Lets not get crazy people. First yesterday TC had great protection, much better than JC had in the first half. Second he knows this offense like Saunders does. This is a huge plus. But to say as a player TC is better than JC is an over reaction.

If the OL however starts giving TC this huge amount of time in the Giants game TC will pick the Giants D apart. It is a big if however. what TC was able to do yesterday better than JC has done all here is to read what the defense gives him and throw to the open receiver. That comes from running the same offense for 8 years. In addition he is accurate-he has always been that.

also, why stop at QB?

yoder scored a TD and cooley didnt - i think maybe we should start realizing that cooley isnt the savior at TE

i dontk now what to say to someone who thinks todd collins gives us a better chance to win than jc. i can stand the folks not liking campbell and backing it up. thats fine. but to honestly think that this team has a HIGHER CEILING with todd collins at quarterback is tremendously insane

tgijef

It still amazes me that the biggest compliment that people can give Campbell is that he is young and has poise. That fan that ran out on the field was young and he had poise. Why not make him the "franchise" QB

I care about winning football games and making critical throws and completeing drives. I could careless about a throw with velocity that misses the target by 5 feet. A strong arm is about as important as what color shoes someone is wearing. How many long throws has Campbell completed in the last 5 weeks?

This is a case where the stats speak for themselves. And, the biggest stat is a WIN.

Jason= 19 game start QB with that much experience and LEARNING Sanders system + youth

Todd= Seasoned QB and has worked with he Sanders system for years + age

I don't even think he is a better QB, he has that definitive word called Experienced

Jason is still the future/ Todd is the "past and present" right now DUE to injury of Jason.

No one is saying that Todd has better physical skills then Jason. He doesn't. However, he may be able to run this offense more efficently -- and make quicker, better more decisive decisions. I did see that last nite.

We had not been able to get in the end zone all year. He comes in and gets us in the end zone twice -- and on the one failed attempt, Cooley fell down. We will know a lot more about his play over the next three games in order to make a better assessment.

We will find out more if the red zone ineptiness we have been experiencing this year is more Jason then perhaps we thought.

What we may find, out is that Collins should had been starting for this team all along -- even during the Brunell era.

Jason is our future. Like I said, he will learn from Todd.

It still amazes me that the biggest compliment that people can give Campbell is that he is young and has poise. That fan that ran out on the field was young and he had poise. Why not make him the "franchise" QB

I care about winning football games and making critical throws and completeing drives. I could careless about a throw with velocity that misses the target by 5 feet. A strong arm is about as important as what color shoes someone is wearing. How many long throws has Campbell completed in the last 5 weeks?

This is a case where the stats speak for themselves. And, the biggest stat is a WIN.

a strong arm isnt important? news to me.

am i rooting for todd collins? of course i am. i root for the redskins. but with a QB throwing lame duck throws, this team can only go so far.

a strong arm isnt important? are you being serious? do you know how many INTs campbell has avoided by being able to fit the ball into tight spaces?

tgijef

Why? Because he doesn't conform to the mainstream opinion about JC. We all love the Redskins. We just disagree about what is ultimately best for the redskins. You will soon learns that losing JC was an addition by subtraction. I know it hurts, it hurts me too thinking about the great players we could have drafted with those two first rounders rather than JC, but admitting JC was a mistake will allow us to finally have the great offense Saunders was supposed to bring us.

This must be the stupidest thing I have ever read.. Please tell me you are kidding. How is Campbell a mistake?? Everytime I watch a game, I see that Campbell has improved in some way. Are you blaming our offense's performance this year on Campbell soley? Have you forgotten that we run the same 12 plays, the fumbles and dropped passes, the hurt Oline.. I can go on and on.

collins just seemed to know the offense better, and rightly so, the guys 100 years old. he has a quicker release than campbell which helps, but on the flipside, all his throws took about 4 seconds to get to the receiver, and with some gameplanning for him, that spells pick city usa.

campbell on the other hand, obviously doesnt have as good of a grip on the offense in terms of reading the play as it goes on, and his release isnt as quick (probably due to youth induced indeciciveness), but on the flip, his arm is 10x stronger, and hes more mobile than collins.

now if there was only a way to somehow combine them both.....

There is a reason Todd Noodle is the back up, but there is a long history of weak armed QB's having a sick run in the NFL. 8 games maybe. Remember Steve no pop in his gun Walsh, Chad throw it short Pennington, Brad dump off Johnson. All of these Qbs had great short term success with there High Football IQ and meager arms. Here's to Knowing the system Tod Tom Collins and having a noodle for an arm. At least people will be able to catch the ball and his release is quick the ball just takes a little while to get there.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :cheers:

Archived