Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins will be a beter QB than Jason! (Merged)

nquizitor

also, why stop at QB?

yoder scored a TD and cooley didnt - i think maybe we should start realizing that cooley isnt the savior at TE

i dontk now what to say to someone who thinks todd collins gives us a better chance to win than jc. i can stand the folks not liking campbell and backing it up. thats fine. but to honestly think that this team has a HIGHER CEILING with todd collins at quarterback is tremendously insane

tgijef

I agree that we probably have a "higher ceiling" with Campbell. But, I think most people are making the point that Collins may be our best chance to actually do something THIS YEAR. At this point, I just want to make a playoff run this season. It's ours for the taking. Let's see what Collins can do with this offense. I do know one thing, Collins looked WAY more poised than Campbell when he had to throw under pressure.

Todd Collins can make reads quicker and throw the short to medium balls accurately. That being said, Campbell can throw the deep ball accurately and with Collins in there, look for the secondary to creep up and bottle up the run and blitz more.

All this will do is take away valuable experience from Campbell's development. He has made great strides this year and is poised to turn the corner.

The reason why Todd looked so good is because the Da Bears were not planning for him.

You are right! The Bears were not planning on a QB completing passes and scoring in the Red Zone. Also, the Bears Assumed they would get at least one interception. Another Mistake on their part.

All effort was made to stop the run since passing was not a threat.

Their game plan was working until Christmas came early and Campbell left the game.

Hey we may still lose but we have at least this still little lost of heaven otherwise.
Do you realize this sentence makes no sense? Oh that's right, you're the guy with less than 20 posts who thinks Todd Collins > Jason Campbell and can't spell the word "better".

These are the things that seem to devalue your opinion somewhat.

I also agree tha teams will come after Todd more, but we probably know that as well and can scheme for it -- with more hot reads. The td to Betts was such a read.

True, they did have several max protect schemes going for him and the read to Betts was priceless. I was just so happy Betts held on to the ball.

Look... it isn't that anyone thinks Collins is the savior or the future of our franchise. He isn't. What he does show though is how good our offense can look with someone who can read a defense quickly and make the correct throw. He shows what a difference quick decisions and a quick release can make over slower decision making and a slow release.

Seriously, the difference was night and day. We all saw it. Nothing changed except the QB. The protection seemed good, receivers seemed more open, the running game got better and the chains kept moving. Not to mention we scored in the redzone instead of setteling for a FG.

It isn't that Collins is the future... it's just that Campbell isn't, and that's becoming more and more apparent each week.

We need to find someone who CAN be the future.

What an irritating thread. Obviously TC will have an edge in the timing department as he's been in this offense for half a millenia. Jason is a superior quarterback with inferior NFL experience. 20 starts isn't enough of a barometer to judge long-term viability at the position, particularly when you place those starts in context.

Hurt O-line, hurt/potentially lacking WRs, mis-mash of offensive gameplanning, and not-to-mention being banged up himself most of this year. The kid is going through the growing pains that every QB goes through at one point in time or another. Maybe him being hurt is good for him as he'll get to see someone else in the same position, seeing what reads are being made and the timing the require, etc.

That being said, I want him back under center as soon as humanly possible, because despite TCs performance Jason is a superior talent and will, sooner rather than later, be the franchise quarterback we need so badly.

The advantage Todd probably will have is that Saunders has always preferred him playing from the beginning -- and will call games more suited to Todds strengths, plus be more aggressive, and thus help Todd look like he should have been playing anyway. Add that Todd knows the offense the best. It should be interesting. Geez, I saw Saunders in the booth smiling for cripes sake! He's thinking, Todd just might make him look good for once. Sure the jury is still out.

I mean, after all, Saunders was force fed both Brunnell and Jason, now he has the guy that knows his offense the best. Should be interesting. Plus, he has a vested interest in Todd looking good -- It say's indirectrly -- it was not his fault. My offense can still work in this league.

You can not expect a 140 performance each week as Brady only averages in the 120's but he certainly is better than the around 80 rating of Campbell and Burnell have given you the last several years

The advantage Todd probably will have is that Saunders has always preferred him playing from the beginning -- and will call games more suited to Todds strengths, plus be more aggressive, and thus help Todd look like he should have been playing anyway. Add that Todd knows the offense the best. It should be interesting. Geez, I saw Saunders in the booth smiling for cripes sake! He's thinking, Todd just might make him look good for once. Sure the jury is still out.

I mean, after all, Saunders was force fed both Brunnell and Jason, now he has the guy that knows his offense the best. Should be interesting. Plus, he has a vested interest in Todd looking good -- It say's indirectrly -- it was not his fault. My offense can still work in this league.

As if we didn't know this thread was coming. I don't give a monkey's a** if we go 4-0 and into the playoffs this is Jason's team, it was Jason's team and it will be Jason's team for years to come. This nonsense about him being the worst draft pick we've had is just garbage. 19 games. 19 games is all he has played. Its a lot easier to be the backup with no gamefilm on you. I can GUARANTEE that the Gnats will bring a whole hell of a lot more pressure than we saw this game. They will be a lot more prepared for Todd than the Bears were.

Do you realize this sentence makes no sense? Oh that's right, you're the guy with less than 20 posts who thinks Todd Collins > Jason Campbell and can't spell the word "better".

These are the things that seem to devalue your opinion somewhat.

You know, despite how I feel about your opinion, it's truly pathetic to use someone's low post number against them; what the hell does that prove?

just for reference, from a Bills fan:

"of all the starting qbs the bills have had since jim kelly left todd collins was, in my opinion, the very worst. Yes, even worse then rob johnson."

before we start putting him up on the Ring of Fame.......

Well, that was well before his relationship with Al Saunders. Terry Gannon was

below average before he hooked up with Gruden. Trent Green was good in his system and has not been as successful without Saunders.

Believe or not J.C. was having a decent 1st season of starting. He was headed to passing for well over 3000 yds and completing over 60% of his passes. He's the future. He's made typical rookie mistakes but he's gonna be a good QB. If he were healthy right now I'd still feel better with Jason as the starter next game rather than Collins. Jason's #'s have been off the charts these past 4 or 5 ball games even though the Skins have lost. He's gonna be alright trust me.

Don't get me wrong. Jason is our guy. And, I think he will benefit watching Todd -- particularly if Todd is effective running the offense. It will help to further Jason's development. The injury allows him to take a step back -- and watch an analyze from a better perspective. And, with not nearly the pressue.

Guest ComebackKing

I hate Jason Campbell we should start Todd Collins the rest of the way no matter how JC feels, lets just throw away the future to try and win this season like we always do and always fail miserably.

Comeon people J.C was having a fine first season starting, it's impossible to say "Todd WILL be a better QB than JC" Todd's got a decade on JC in this league, I'd hope he would be able to come in and play well as a backup.

TC may not be the long term answer but he sure isn't the question. The question is and still is, would JC of won this game, and is JC the QB of the future starting next year?

I hope JC has a speedy recovery. I do wish him well and hope he proves people wrong about his game management abilities.

I'm not on either TC's or JC's bandwagon, I'm on the Redskins'. All I want is to win.

Hail Skins!

JC was 10/16 for 100 yards in less than a half. And the TD to Yoder was nearly identical to JC's completion to Cooley against Buffalo (the one where Cooley fumbled, but it was ruled incomplete). And 50 of TC's yards came on a swing pass to CP, which JC could've made. The TD pass to Betts was nearly identical to JC's pass to Sellers against Detroit. Tim Hasselbeck played well in his debut, then stunk it up later. I hope TC can get us in the playoffs, and I can see it happening, but JC is just as good, and will get better.

When you have been a career back up and know a particular offense it doesnt make you better you just have more experience. This is Jason Campbells first time having the same offense for 2 years in a row. You guys are special and as loyal as an ex wife. If Todd Collins is so good he would have been playing long before last night TURNCOATS.

Archived