Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins will be a beter QB than Jason! (Merged)

nquizitor

Your argument was that he NEVER comes through in the clutch. I made it quite clear that he does at least some percentage of the time. Therefore, you were clearly overreacting. Again I say to you, get a grip. :)

Jason is a tease and I've loved some of the throws he has made but the bottom line is a career backup steps in and has a better half passing then Jason has had since he became the starter. Actually closed the deal for us.

Jason has been studying this offense a long time and it's clear he doesn't get it.

The comical thing is that the nut suckers will claim that the OL suddenly started palying better, the play calls were different and the receivers started catching the ball.

Driving home from the game I was wondering how may Jason vs. Todd threads there were going to be tonight. It didn't take long to find a few. You folks never disappoint.

Let's let Jason get healthy and reserve judgement of TC til we see him in the next few games.

I was thinking the same thing

It is unfortunate that Campbell got hurt. You guys that are saying Collins had just one good game and that he is not as good as Jason are wrong! Collins had a much better preseason than Campbell or Brunell. And I lot of people were upset that Collins got the backup and Brunell #3. I am not sure why people dislike and disrespect Todd so much, I think the inactivity he had for 7 yrs, but he may have had alot of coaches like joe Gibbs that just wanted his own guys. Now I am not saying that Collins is the long term answer but I dont see pulling him as the starter now or next year until someone outplays him! He wont have the career that Brunell had or the potential that Campbell may have, But right now he is the best in this offense we have. and has proved it! so why dont you guys go hate on someone else.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/CollTo00.htm

this is why there is not much respect for collins... hes a 36 year old career backup, who was never able to crack the starting line up since his bills days (and they stank then).

This feels like Patrick Ramsey vs. Tim Hassleback ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Yeah I know, Ramsey wasn't exactly a great QB, but everyone was so convinced Tim Hassleback was going to do this and that because he pulled off a good game when Ramsey gets hurt.....the following week The Dallas Cowboys basically put all that nonsense to rest and the closest we have heard of Mr. Hassleback since is from his lovely wife on The View.

One game against the bears and everyone is on the Collins bandwagon please. This just proves most fans don't understand football. Todd throws some slow balls out there. Yeah he won but don't think he is the answer.

B-but winning games against crappy teams is the only answer we need. :(:(:(

This feels like Patrick Ramsey vs. Tim Hassleback ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Yeah I know, Ramsey wasn't exactly a great QB, but everyone was so convinced Tim Hassleback was going to do this and that because he pulled off a good game when Ramsey gets hurt.....the following week The Dallas Cowboys basically put all that nonsense to rest and the closest we have heard of Mr. Hassleback since is from his lovely wife on The View.

good points....

You idiots are making Eagles fans look smart.

Bottom line is you haters never liked Jason Campbell and never will. You are hoping that Collins is better to justify the fact that you can't wait for a YOUNG quarterback to develop.

You are all spoiled by Tony Romo sits to pee because hes doing so well in about the same amount of starts. You think all young quarterbacks should be gangbusters right out the gang but thats not reality. I hope Todd does well, but I'm not going to believe our future is with a 36 year old CAREER backup.

Todd Collins is a good system quarterback since hes been with Saunders forever, but hes not the missing piece of the puzzle, people.

It was also good to see the coaching staff grow a pair and attack downfield instead of trying to play keep away. That alone contributed as much to the win as Collins did.

So enjoy your 10 minutes of fame and enjoy kicking a good young QB while hes down. You JC haters still look pathetic.

Hey. JC haters. eat ****. TC beat the Bears. The Bears! Give me a break. JC is the future of this organization. You need to learn patience. If you can't understand the difference between the potential talent of JC and TC you are truly in no position to judge talent. JC would have won this game as easily as TC. Probably far easier. Hell, if he were given the same protection schemes he would have avoided injury in all probability.

HTTR and hail JC, he'll be an MVP within in the next 3 seasons.

Let's give Todd credit...He came into the game cold and did his part in getting the win. And it looks as if he may have to carry the load at quarterback the rest of this season. Let's hope he can lead the team into the playoffs.

Before we crown Todd Collins as our savior, lets have the Giants prepare for him all week and see if he still produces. I have no doubt he knows the offense, but coming in during a game at home with no pressure is totally different. Don't get me wrong, he played excellent, but Jason is our future. Jason has only played 19 games?!

But a win is a win. I can finally face my students again after a month of pain. By the way, all 3 of my co-workers . . . packers fans! PAINFUL!!

All the love to the memory of Sean Taylor! The Man-Beast will will this team from above . . . forever!!!!!

You idiots are making Eagles fans look smart.

Bottom line is you haters never liked Jason Campbell and never will. You are hoping that Collins is better to justify the fact that you can't wait for a YOUNG quarterback to develop.

You are all spoiled by Tony Romo sits to pee because hes doing so well in about the same amount of starts. You think all young quarterbacks should be gangbusters right out the gang but thats not reality. I hope Todd does well, but I'm not going to believe our future is with a 36 year old CAREER backup.

Todd Collins is a good system quarterback since hes been with Saunders forever, but hes not the missing piece of the puzzle, people.

It was also good to see the coaching staff grow a pair and attack downfield instead of trying to play keep away. That alone contributed as much to the win as Collins did.

So enjoy your 10 minutes of fame and enjoy kicking a good young QB while hes down. You JC haters still look pathetic.

Right on :applause:

Let's give Todd credit...He came into the game cold and did his part in getting the win. And it looks as if he may have to carry the load at quarterback the rest of this season. Let's hope he can lead the team into the playoffs.

:applause: :applause: :applause: BOTTOM LINE!!!

THEY ARE ON THE SAME TEAM!!!

todd collins is an EXTREMELY smart qb, and supposedly knows saunders' playbook like the back of his hand.. but his arm strength is a huge issue. there's a reason chad pennington got benched this year, and it wasn't because he's too dumb or unable to play qb.

Who told you two you could bring logic into this thread? :laugh:

Who told you that you could comment about Campbell? I just read your last 5 threads and all I got out of it is that you are a moron. No one likes you, please stop commenting, bye.

I certainly don't think TC is better athlete than JC long term but are you not the least bit concerned about JC?

The only pathetic thing about this thread is to think the coaching staff suddenly grew a sac and started attacking down the field with a career backup. The difference was the reads and quick release.

Who told you that you could comment about Campbell? I just read your last 5 threads and all I got out of it is that you are a moron. No one likes you, please stop commenting, bye.

That's a mod you're talking to. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived