Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Memories of "Jets 3, Redskins 0" - Game for the Ages

E-Dog Night

Some events, well, you just can't help but remember where you were and how you felt when you first heard about them.

Challenger disaster

OJ's Bronco ride

9/11

And, of course, there's the epic December 12, 1993 battle between Richie Petitbon's Washington Redskins and Bruce Coslet's New York Jets. Cary Blanchard's 45-yard field goal in the first quarter proved all the offense the Jets would need, as they prevailed, 3-0.

I remember it just like it was yesterday.

I was sitting...somewhere. I think.

I watched that game at my uncles house. I remember one play.

Louie Agiyar was the holder for the Jets. They were trying a field goal to up their lead to a (what would have been) insurmountable 6-0 lead. Alas, the Jets missed the field goal when Agiyar fumbled the snap. How did he fumble the snap, you ask?

He put his arm out to signal that he was ready for the snap, he then moved that arm so he could SCRATCH HIS ASS, and before he could get his arm back in the right spot, the ball was snapped & hit him in the face.

Worst Redskins game I ever watched, rivaled only by the 7-7 tie vs the Giants four years later....

I was at that game and I remember freezing my ass off while watching the worst display of professional sport of any kind I've ever seen. There had to have been at least four botched field goal snaps/punts in that game. Honestly, the crowd was so upset at the football they were watching, everyone stood and cheered when the kids for the Punt, Pass and Kick competition came on to perform during halftime, and as well they should have. Those kids were the most talented players on the football field that day.

Was my first and only game I ever saw at RFK. Was it really raining that day? I remember the cold but don't remember being wet. Also went the next day to Philly to watch them play the Bills. (some weekend tour thing out of Richmond) The old Philly stadium was the worst thing I had ever seen.

Since there was no internet to speak of back then, I will make the excuses for the team 14 years later that surely would have appeared on a message board somewhere.

We have Lots of injuries....

The weather sucked, how can you expect anyone to score points in the cold...

Coach Petitbone is getting no respect.

Everyone in the NFL hates us and gives us no respect.

There are three other teams that have less than 4 wins this season - who would you rather be a fan of?

Since there was no internet to speak of back then, I will make the excuses for the team 14 years later that surely would have appeared on a message board somewhere.

We have Lots of injuries....

The weather sucked, how can you expect anyone to score points in the cold...

Coach Petitbone is getting no respect.

Everyone in the NFL hates us and gives us no respect.

There are three other teams that have less than 4 wins this season - who would you rather be a fan of?

:laugh: You pretty much nailed it.

Some events, well, you just can't help but remember where you were and how you felt when you first heard about them.

Challenger disaster

OJ's Bronco ride

9/11

And, of course, there's the epic December 12, 1993 battle between Richie Petitbon's Washington Redskins and Bruce Coslet's New York Jets. Cary Blanchard's 45-yard field goal in the first quarter proved all the offense the Jets would need, as they prevailed, 3-0.

I remember it just like it was yesterday.

I was sitting...somewhere. I think.

LMAO dude. Awesome thread!!

I just remember Johnny Johnson running all over us and Art Monk catching a few balls on the first drive and they stopped looking for him. Shows what a joke Richie Petitbon was as a coach.

Still I'll take a boring 3-0 loss over what happened to us last week

That was the infamous juggernaut offense of Rod Dowhower.

For anyone who didn't see that game, it was the most pathetic, inept display of uniform offensive incompetence in 50 years. It was unbelievable how bad those two offenses were that day.

I still think the 27-0 loss to the Cowgirls at home in '03 is the worst display of Redskins football I've ever had the displeasure of watching live.

As far as the Jets game......the Skins put up a whopping 150 yards of total offense in a mere 19 minutes of possession. Offensive juggernaut?

rivaled only by the 7-7 tie vs the Giants four years later....

100% remember the Jets game in 1993, and while it was 100% awful, I can't say it was a "low point" because our season was already lost.

The 1997 tie sticks out to me because we seemingly had a chance going into that game and I still wasn't totally convinced of Norv's horribleness-- although I was getting there.

The Giants pretty much said, "here, please win this game. We WANT you to win, please take it from us."

In response, we literally blew it by banging our heads on the wall (Gus) and throwing tempter tantrums (Westbrook).

I was a sophomore in college and all of my friends were watching and LAUGHING at me and the Redskins that Sunday night.

Just awful.

As a side note, the 1997 season was probably the ultimate "low point" for me as a fan in terms of the amount of pain they caused me. Not only was there the Giants game, but there was the "Bam Morris" Game, the "Amp Lee" Game (both home losses), a Saturday debacle in the Meadowlands with the division up for grabs, and of course, a choke job in Dallas. Awful.

Archived