Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Memories of "Jets 3, Redskins 0" - Game for the Ages

E-Dog Night

I watched that game at my uncles house. I remember one play.

Louie Agiyar was the holder for the Jets. They were trying a field goal to up their lead to a (what would have been) insurmountable 6-0 lead. Alas, the Jets missed the field goal when Agiyar fumbled the snap. How did he fumble the snap, you ask?

He put his arm out to signal that he was ready for the snap, he then moved that arm so he could SCRATCH HIS ASS, and before he could get his arm back in the right spot, the ball was snapped & hit him in the face.

Worst Redskins game I ever watched, rivaled only by the 7-7 tie vs the Giants four years later....

Didn't Darrell almost take that botched kick back? Right before halftime, right?

As a side note, the 1997 season was probably the ultimate "low point" for me as a fan in terms of the amount of pain they caused me. Not only was there the Giants game, but there was the "Bam Morris" Game, the "Amp Lee" Game (both home losses), a Saturday debacle in the Meadowlands with the division up for grabs, and of course, a choke job in Dallas. Awful.

Ooh, the Amp Lee game. Another classic. I think that was my first game at FedEx, the second being the Bubby Brister Bowl versus Denver the next year.

Archived