Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Bradshaws prediction about Skin vs Patriots

RedskinsNAVY28

"New England has already banished the mighty Cowboys. That game was billed as a battle of unbeatens and the Pats absolutely hammered them. Dallas took the lead in the second half and still ended up losing by three touchdowns. Poor Miami didn't even look like they belonged on the same field as the Patriots on Sunday.

Next week the Redskins come to Foxborough and I don't give them a chance, even with one of the top defenses in the NFC. Washington has two great safeties and good cornerbacks, but without consistent pressure on Tom Brady you have no chance. I don't see how the Redskins win on the road. All Brady will do is spread the Redskins out and bingo here they go again.

The only way the Patriots lose is when they get full of themselves and get a little tired of hearing how great they are. When a team gets lured into that trap, then you get caught. Washington is good enough to get the Patriots' attention. Bill Belichick won't let his team overlook the Redskins."

Personally, I believe we have a team that can beat the Patriots. We just have to utilize the recievers that we signed just like we did with the Lions. We need to stop being conservative and be aggresive for once, especially with the Patriots.

Remember the last time we faced them. We beat the Patriots. They got so embarrassed that they went to a winning streak and won a Super Bowl. Randy Moss has a weakness too, remember when he used to play for the Vikings. We made him walk out the field. Donde Stallworth used to be with the Eagles and we stopped him. We can win this game. I believe we will. Im a true Redskins fan and Im not gonna be an anti-fan like the rest of the guys here. A win is a win. 4-2 is better than 3-3. We are still in it and we are not gonna quit. Patriots can be stop and it will happen next week. Go SKINS:applause: :applause: :applause:

I would love to see us win.

We just barely beat the Cards at home.

We got beat up worse by a one-armed man than Harrison Ford in The Fugitive!

Seriously though... My early prediction... 31-13 Pats.

Our offense cant score... Their offense cant NOT score.

The odds are heavily against us. We're beat up and they're healthy. They've been playing in the same system for years and have a vet qb with a savvy group. We have a strong defense, but a young qb and players still learning how to play with each other. We can win, but this is going to be a tough game and the only way to pick for the 'skins is with the heart. The 'skins need to be amped up and execute at their best and even that might just only put them in the game right now.

I would love to see us win.

We just barely beat the Cards at home.

We got beat up worse by a one-armed man than Harrison Ford in The Fugitive!

Seriously though... My early prediction... 31-13 Pats.

Our offense cant score... Their offense cant NOT score.

Remember that sports is all about matchups. Granted we're probably a much better team than we showed yesterday, I think we can matchup well against New England. Obviously, the Cardinals matchup better with us than most people thought. We know that we can pressure the QB, we just haven't done it the past few weeks. I have a feeling that we'll pressure Brady early and often. While all the pundents are picking the Patriots, most are also throwing in things like, "...but this is the first solid defense they'll be facing, so we'll have to wait and see." And I love how a few weeks ago when Cleveland almost beat the Patriots everyone was saying how it was good to see that New England could win close games. We have a close game with the Cardinals, and everyone says we're lucky. Luck can sometimes have a lot to do with winning and loosing in sports. Let's not forget that this Cardinal team beat the Steelers also, so they're not as bad as they've been made out to be. Regardless of how anyone played or who "deserved to win," that was a key win for the Redskins because it was a victory in the NFC. A loss to the Patriots is far from meaningless, but it won't hurt our NFC record, which is hugely important in the playoff hunt. Personally, I predict that the Redskin offense comes to life, and we win 28-24.

"Any given Sunday" folks. Could you imagine the Man Crush the media would have on Washington. Look, it's about time for Brady to have a lousy game...why not this coming weekend?:) It's not that hard, you fight your ass off. No mental mistakes and anyone can beat anyone in this league. Yeh, I'm a homer and I'm a realist. They can do it if they believe in themselves. I say upset 'Skins 20-17 and the world is shocked:applause:

"Any given Sunday" folks. Could you imagine the Man Crush the media would have on Washington. Look, it's about time for Brady to have a lousy game...why not this coming weekend?:) It's not that hard, you fight your ass off. No mental mistakes and anyone can beat anyone in this league. Yeh, I'm a homer and I'm a realist. They can do it if they believe in themselves. I say upset 'Skins 20-17 and the world is shocked:applause:

correction, the media would come up with 1,000 excuses why the Patriots lost the game, not reasons why the 'Skins won the game.

That being said, we lose 30-10.

I believe we need a masterful game-plan to beat them... I have a feeling the last few weeks we've been setting ourselves up for this game. Injuries have limited us along the offensive line and our offense has had to play even more conservative than normal with a lead. Our defense has tipped its hand on how it will play against pass happy teams...

Here is how I would do it, but the coaches will probably come up with something better.

1) We've been vanilla on offense most of this season... 20.3 points isn't going to win this game (our average this season). It's time to open it up and turn JC, SM, CC, ARE, and CP loose. We do have to run the ball, but the Patriots will be expecting us to do that. Let's force them to respect us through the air, then run over them.

2) We aren't going to beat this team without a better pass rush... I believe Gregg Williams will show us something different this week. We have three weeks of film for the Patriots to look at where we played 8 men in coverage and rushed 3... occasionally 4. I think we can outfox the Patriots this week by throwing them a few curve balls on defense.

3) We aren't expected to win... It's probably a good game for us to let it all hang out. We won't win if we allow ourselves to be starstruck by Brady & Co... The game-plan cannot be conservative or we will get rolled. If we go into this game thinking that we can't cover their receivers in man coverage and we can't blitz, then we will get torched.

4) The Patriots haven't been challenged at all this season. Their closest game this offseason has been 17 points. They are at home... We have nothing to lose.

I would love for the Skins to win. But, our offense has to get more than 160 yards.

1. The qb has to throw for more than 95 yds to beat the Pats. It doesn't matter who's fault it is (o-Line, Offensive coord, WR not getting open, etc...)

2. The Pats have proven a running game is not needed, but we need it. Portis needs to do better. O-line is doing it's best, but he has to do better.

3. Our D can slow the Pats down, but they need the offense's help.Three and out constantly in the second halfs of games will kill a defense.

In saying all of that, JG and staff will have to work it out. I'm looking forward to the game Sunday.

I'm surprised that most think we can score a TD against the Pats D. They played and stiffled much better offense's with better players then ours. We can probably put together a few nice drives resulting in chip shot FG's but 9-12 points is all I see. Thus a good 34-9 beatdown followed by how the players fought their guts out is what is most likely going to happen but hey stranger things have happened I guess, what the hell Skins 56-49.

Remember the last time we faced them. We beat the Patriots. They got so embarrassed that they went to a winning streak and won a Super Bowl.

Yeah, I remember. I was there. I also remember they had nine starters out with injuries and we still barely beat them.

That was 2003. This is 2007. What relevance does that game have to next week's game?

We need touchdown receptions from our recievers and we need it BAD.

Redskins WR Touchdowns = 0

Patriots WR Touchdowns = 24 and counting :doh:

Come on OFFENSE... Al Sunders where is that 700 offensive plays playbook?

We need that to come out this weekend.. We need it now.. Just like what you did with the Chiefs.. :notworthy

Maybe we should blitz taylor and landry from the edge on the first play and put the hurt into brady. Who's their back up? :D

Actually, that's EXACTLY the key to this game.

I would spend all week focusing on how to hurt Brady badly enough to put him out of the game. I would throw every crazy blitz conceivable at him all day long. They may beat it and hurt us with big plays, but that's going to happen sooner or later anyway.

You've got to at least give yourself a shot at injuring Pretty Boy. I don't mean that in a classless way, either. He simply has to leave the game in order to have a shot at winning.

CLASSIC example of a trap game. I hope they look over the skins and focus on the colts.

that's about the only chance we have...if they come out flat and unprepared and with the Colts on their mind.

but i don't think Belichcik will let that happen.

I actually do think we will make a game out of it. Our defense will be fired up to prove they can stop the Pats... and they may for a while, but I just odnt think it will be enough. I think we stay within a TD in the first half but New England pulls away in the second to win by 10-14.

The Skins need to find a way to take Wes Welker out of the game without giving up 2-man coverage on Moss. Welker plays the slot and comes across the middle ... he is Brady's go-to man and the key to his successs this year. On offense, JC must throw early and often out of the shotgun with a 3-receiver set and run frequently to move the chains. Betts should be the starting RB and pound the ball every once in a while like he did down at the goaline yesterday on Skins 2nd half TD. If the Skins hold the pats to less than 23 points they can pull out the game ... but I'm not holding my breath.

Archived