Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Bradshaws prediction about Skin vs Patriots

RedskinsNAVY28

True true. It's like a replay of the Lions game.

Except, instead of Kitna and Coach "Liza" Marianelli, we got three-ring sporting Brady and Belichick.

Also, I don't think I'd categorize them as having "no running game." Malroney is a good back, who can produce when they need him to. They just haven't needed to use him this season except to run out the clock.

Malroney had like 20 yards this week. Before that he was hurt. Granted they have a great O-Line and great pass protection; Malroney has 252 over six weeks. I think that qualifys as no running game.

The Pats are a one dimensional team. They throw, and Belichek is too arrogant to even see the need to balance his offense to keep defenses guessing. Hell he hasn't had to balance his offense yet cause nobody has stopped his passing attack. With the 2007 Pat's, that qualifies as a kink in their armer.

They're one dimensional and they are overly reliant on the big play. Slow it down, frusterate them; and we just might make a game out of it. Get into a score off with them and we're done.

Malroney had like 20 yards this week. Before that he was hurt. Granted they have a great O-Line and great pass protection; Malroney has 252 over six weeks. I think that qualifys as no running game.

The Pats are a one dimensional team. They throw, and Belichek is too arrogant to even see the need to balance his offense to keep defenses guessing. Hell he hasn't had to balance his offense yet cause nobody has stopped his passing attack. With the 2007 Pat's, that qualifies as a kink in their armer.

They're one dimensional and they are overly reliant on the big play. Slow it down, frusterate them; and we just might make a game out of it. Get into a score off with them and we're done.

The problem is they had three backs with good playing time (Faulk, Morris) other than Maroney

I remember back in 1982 when we won our first super bowl in the Gibbs era. The super bowl was almost anti climactic because the focus and emotion was on the NFC championship game against Dallas....

I remember one long drive in the Dallas game, where we ran off like 10 minutes off the clock. We started inside our own 10. We called the same play 15 times in a row. On the 16th play, the Skins are on the 3 yard line going in for the score. Russ Grimm looks over at Randy White and says... "Guess what play is coming next"...

We need to simplify the offense. We need to stop platooning backs. Go real basic on them and force them to addapt to expose holes. Thing is about the Pats. I disagree with folks on this board. I don't think the Skins do have their attention. I think Belichek reads and believes his own press clippings. I think they've totally overlooked us. We could shock them.

Good old smash mouthed football. If Clinton isn't durable enough, or his hurt hand won't allow him to hold onto the ball. Go with someone else. Hell we beat the oilers and Warren Moon with Jamie Morris.

The problem is they had three backs with good playing time (Faulk, Morris) other than Maroney

Morris has 384 yards on the season after seven games, Faulk has 124. Now all three have good yards per attempt. My point is that the Pats and Belicheck don't balance the pass and run. They just pass. They're one dimensional. After having scored 41 points against 0-7 Miami, in the first half, they're going to be full of themselves. They definitely aren't going to be worried about the Skins who barely beat Miami, and Barely beat the Cards.

The Pats are going to be looking passed us towards Indi. They're definitely could be vulnerable, and you know Gibbs will have an excellent game plan. It's all a question of whether we have the personell to pull it off.

I definitely think it will be a good game. We definitely could win this with a good effort. With the skins, one is more worried about weak oponents cause they definitely play down to their competition. Celibrating the victory a few quarters early and such.

No I like our chances.

Who knows..... a couple of Pat turnovers....(or maybe Brady going down).....a couple of bombs from JC (come on Al - let the boy throw!).....special teams having a wow of a game....and ANYTHING is possible.....probable, no......but definately possible!

Keep the faith my brothers....

The Brady Bunch VS Area 51....

I would like to see Wes Welker come in the middle and get pounded by one of the safeties.. I think they are hungry and ready for HITS.. I cant wait to see Randy Moss or Dante Stallworth go for a slant and get speared.. and possibly tipped the ball and an interception by one of our corners..

We have one of the best secondaries in this league and it's time once again to knocked one of those recievers straight out from ****... Oh I cant wait to see this game.. They are under estimating are DEFENSE.. There is no way they will score all those points on offense. No freaking way, we have a reputation.. Sean Taylor and Landry will not make those touchdowns happen.. Not this time.. Its too big of a game and they love being an UNDERDOG..

What do you guys think?

I am with you with beliveing that we can win, the NFL is full of stories of things like this and what better coach to have at a game like this! Remember Joe had to face some of the best teams in history and coming to another big game means that we have a chance!:cheers: :patriotsu :patriotsu :patriotsu :patriotsu :patriotsu :patriotsu :patriotsu

"New England has already banished the mighty Cowboys. That game was billed as a battle of unbeatens and the Pats absolutely hammered them. Dallas took the lead in the second half and still ended up losing by three touchdowns. Poor Miami didn't even look like they belonged on the same field as the Patriots on Sunday.

Next week the Redskins come to Foxborough and I don't give them a chance, even with one of the top defenses in the NFC. Washington has two great safeties and good cornerbacks, but without consistent pressure on Tom Brady you have no chance. I don't see how the Redskins win on the road. All Brady will do is spread the Redskins out and bingo here they go again.

The only way the Patriots lose is when they get full of themselves and get a little tired of hearing how great they are. When a team gets lured into that trap, then you get caught. Washington is good enough to get the Patriots' attention. Bill Belichick won't let his team overlook the Redskins."

Personally, I believe we have a team that can beat the Patriots. We just have to utilize the recievers that we signed just like we did with the Lions. We need to stop being conservative and be aggresive for once, especially with the Patriots.

Remember the last time we faced them. We beat the Patriots. They got so embarrassed that they went to a winning streak and won a Super Bowl. Randy Moss has a weakness too, remember when he used to play for the Vikings. We made him walk out the field. Donde Stallworth used to be with the Eagles and we stopped him. We can win this game. I believe we will. Im a true Redskins fan and Im not gonna be an anti-fan like the rest of the guys here. A win is a win. 4-2 is better than 3-3. We are still in it and we are not gonna quit. Patriots can be stop and it will happen next week. Go SKINS:applause: :applause: :applause:

I'd be pretty optimistic if our offense wasn't as inept as it's been over the past two weeks. As it stands though I don't see Washington moving the ball and expect the defense to fizzle in the second half when they start to tire.

I expect a repeat of our 2006 Colts game.

The Brady Bunch VS Area 51....

I would like to see Wes Welker come in the middle and get pounded by one of the safeties.. I think they are hungry and ready for HITS.. I cant wait to see Randy Moss or Dante Stallworth go for a slant and get speared.. and possibly tipped the ball and an interception by one of our corners..

We have one of the best secondaries in this league and it's time once again to knocked one of those recievers straight out from ****... Oh I cant wait to see this game.. They are under estimating are DEFENSE.. There is no way they will score all those points on offense. No freaking way, we have a reputation.. Sean Taylor and Landry will not make those touchdowns happen.. Not this time.. Its too big of a game and they love being an UNDERDOG..

What do you guys think?

I think the Patriots receivers are not the Cowboys receivers. If anyone can jar them, it's us, but I don't fully expect it. Randy Moss is just ridiculous right now. Our hands are going to be full. I wish I expected better pressure from our front four (especially against their OL). Our secondary can cover them as well as anyone, but no secondary can cover them for a long time - Brady has to feel some pressure for us to be successful, or we have to be able to make some amazing plays in coverage.

It would also be nice if we could exhibit some ball control.

It should be an interesting game. I think there are certainly Pats who remember the last time we played, so I don't expect them to look beyond us for a second (and since they were injured that time, I don't expect them to take it easy on us or feel any pity, not that they would anyway, just saying we are similarly beaten up going into this one).

I've watched the Cowboys/NE game over and over and I'll tell ya, they can be beaten. They hide there defense behind that offense. There defense never gets extended. If they have to play a full 60 minutes against a heavy run control offense, they can be beaten. The key is to not get behind so early in the game. You have to be able to stop them from putting you down 10 or 14 points in the first quarter. If you can do that and get some pressure on Brady, you can beat them.

Other then Buffalo at 7-3, this team has never been down in the 1st quarter. Nobody has really had a good opportunity to really run the ball at the defense over 4 quarters consistantly except Miami. Miami had some success doing this last week. They had 30 rushes for 179 yards. Interestingly enough, they managed to hang 21 points on the Pats in the 4th Qtr. I think that defense will ware down if you can make them play 4 honest quarters. The trick is to prevent yourself from getting blown out in the first quarter or two.

I've watched the Cowboys/NE game over and over and I'll tell ya, they can be beaten. They hide there defense behind that offense. There defense never gets extended. If they have to play a full 60 minutes against a heavy run control offense, they can be beaten. The key is to not get behind so early in the game. You have to be able to stop them from putting you down 10 or 14 points in the first quarter. If you can do that and get some pressure on Brady, you can beat them.

Other then Buffalo at 7-3, this team has never been down in the 1st quarter. Nobody has really had a good opportunity to really run the ball at the defense over 4 quarters consistantly except Miami. Miami had some success doing this last week. They had 30 rushes for 179 yards. Interestingly enough, they managed to hang 21 points on the Pats in the 4th Qtr. I think that defense will ware down if you can make them play 4 honest quarters. The trick is to prevent yourself from getting blown out in the first quarter or two.

Definitely in agreement there, our running game will be key to this game. And it's not just going to be up to our O-line either. Our RBs are going to have to help them out. This is the perfect opportunity to show the ability of our RB tandem with Portis and Betts. They've shown nothing this year, now's the time to do it. Wear down their defense, throw a couple of necessary passes, keep the offense rolling. But we won't be able to do it if our O-line isn't healthy.

Definitely in agreement there, our running game will be key to this game. And it's not just going to be up to our O-line either. Our RBs are going to have to help them out. This is the perfect opportunity to show the ability of our RB tandem with Portis and Betts. They've shown nothing this year, now's the time to do it. Wear down their defense, throw a couple of necessary passes, keep the offense rolling. But we won't be able to do it if our O-line isn't healthy.

Well, I don't really know about that but I'm certain, this is the way to beat them. We ran the ball against them, no problem. The issue was that we put ourselves in the whole by 14 in the first quarter before we ever really got untracked offensively. We rushed the ball for an average of 6.2 yards a carry but we only rushed the ball 16 times. Seriously, I know most of you will call bull **** on me here but if you really look at that Cowboys game, we had them but our own youth kinda killed us before we ever had a chance to capitalize on it. That first quarter, we were in awe of them. We didn't do anything but kinda watch them. Once we got the **** kicked out of us in that first quarter, we came alive and we had success against them but it was too late. Those first two quarters took too much out of the defense. By the start of the third quarter, our defense had already been on the field way to long because of the first quarter and how we scored in the second quarter. The were gassed halfway through the third quarter. If a team could prevent themselves from getting down big in that first quarter, I think they could use a strong running game and not only beat the Pats but take it to them. Seriously, all BS aside, I think that could happen.

WHAT IF?

What if the reason we seem to 'give up' in the 2nd half of all our games is because we have literally been preparing the entire season for the Pats game to be a breakout/surprise game? They have been dominating 1st halfs in order to get a good lead and then they play a lot more conservative and just try to hold onto the lead and not get hurt or show off too many schemes etc. Maybe, just maybe, we're holding back and waiting to fully unleash when we roll into Gillette Stadium....

WHO KNOWS? :whoknows:

I actually do think we will make a game out of it. Our defense will be fired up to prove they can stop the Pats... and they may for a while, but I just odnt think it will be enough. I think we stay within a TD in the first half but New England pulls away in the second to win by 10-14.

Kind of like our game against Indy last season?

I think the only way we win this game is if Tom Brady gets knocked out in the first quarter of the game or if the whole team comes down with the flu. The Patriots defense is too good and our offensive line is so hurt we will be lucky to score on offense. Also the Pats are ahead of the pace to score the most points in a season. We couldnt stop the Giants from driving down the field over and over how in the hell are we gonna stop Brady and co. ?

I willl hope we win though.

"Any given Sunday" folks. Could you imagine the Man Crush the media would have on Washington. Look, it's about time for Brady to have a lousy game...why not this coming weekend?:) It's not that hard, you fight your ass off. No mental mistakes and anyone can beat anyone in this league. Yeh, I'm a homer and I'm a realist. They can do it if they believe in themselves. I say upset 'Skins 20-17 and the world is shocked:applause:

ANY

GIVEN

SUNDAY

Archived