Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Bradshaws prediction about Skin vs Patriots

RedskinsNAVY28

I'm not saying we will win and definately not betting on it; however, I think we have the better chance than most teams because of our secondary. We have to stop the run with 7 in the box and if we don't, let that beat us. We can't allow them to pass all day. Even if we can't stop them with 7 maybe they get impatient and start to force a couple of throws. A defensive TD would be nice. A special teams TD would be nice. Who knows, maybe we can even score an offensive TD. We need to be aggressive and break out some gimmicks against an agressive NE defense. We need a couple of planned roll outs and a few screens. With an injured line, we need to run quick patterns and hope for YAC.

The bottom line is we need to keep our defense fresh so they can play well throughout.

I'm surprised that most think we can score a TD against the Pats D. They played and stiffled much better offense's with better players then ours. We can probably put together a few nice drives resulting in chip shot FG's but 9-12 points is all I see. Thus a good 34-9 beatdown followed by how the players fought their guts out is what is most likely going to happen but hey stranger things have happened I guess, what the hell Skins 56-49.

Their defense has been scored upon. Even though their offense scores so many points that the other team becomes one-dimensional... They have STILL been scored upon. I'm hoping that Gibbs and crew were looking a little ahead to this game, and that is why they floundered on offense (I kinda doubt it though). If there was ever a time to pull out all the stops... now would be it.

The good news is that Bradshaw is going with the Pats. That in itself is a good omen.

If Saunders will open up our passing attack, we might have a decent chance at a win. I trust our defense to hold down the scoring in this game. It's up to the offense to execute, play mistake free football and put a lot of points on the score board.

It can be done. Just stop with the conservative play calling and open it up!

I would love to see us win.

We just barely beat the Cards at home.

We got beat up worse by a one-armed man than Harrison Ford in The Fugitive!

Seriously though... My early prediction... 31-13 Pats.

Our offense cant score... Their offense cant NOT score.

With as many 3 and outs we get in the 2nd half, I don't see how we will be that close.

Two years ago the redskins were at the exact same spot, 4-2 heading north to a big road game against a team that was going to pass all over us and not be able to run. Well, that team ended up having it's running back check himself out of the game after passing 200 yards and the redskins layed a big egg at the Meadowlands to the tune of 36-0. I see a similar performance ahead. Surprising ground game for the pats and a strong win with very little offensive production from the redskins.

You guys really sicken me with your negative post. I tell you what, if you don't think we have a shot at winning this game because the Patriots are SO GOOD, why don't you take those emoticons at the end of your post and change it to Redskins suck instead, because you obviously don't think we have a shot in hell to win this one.

I just hope NO ONE in the lockerroom thinks like you do.

There's a big difference between being negative and being rational. If he had said, "We suck, our offense won't do anything and Gibbs must go," than yeah, I would've been with you. But thinking that a Redskin win is just within the realm of possibility, considering how handily the Pats have beat every team they've played to date-- including one that took us to overtime-- is certainly a realistic, if unfortunate, mindset.

If you're totally objective and real with yourself and you still think the Skins can go toe to toe with the Pats, more power to you. You clearly have more faith/psychotropic drugs than I.

For the record, I think we can win, but it'll definitely require our A++ game, a lot of mistakes from the Pats and a whole mess of luck.

Pats look past nobody.

We don't have much of a pass rush.

Tom Brady has super high powered weaponry.

Our safeties are very good but our corners really aren't that great..carlos rogers is no cover corner... wake up people!

Randy Moss still catches TD's in tight coverage over the shoulder with one arm.

Our offense cant score.

final score: 49-7

That 49 points is only because Belechick will call off the dogs in the second half, out of respect for Gibbs.

The Redskin defense has the Patriots attention. We knock people around. We force turnovers. We rush the passer well. I know the defense will show up.

The offense is a great concern to me. We played our best games against Philly and Detroit, but played so-so against the Giants and Green Bay. We have to do better in the second half. I don't know what the problem is for the offense in the second half. If they halfstep against a team like the Patriots in the second half, they are going to lose and lose badly.

Hopefully, Gibbs, Saunders, Bugel, and Brueax will be up late every night this week studying film of the Patriots defense and are coming up with an excellent game plan that gives the offense a chance to excel against New England.

I'll predict that we do well against Moss and Welker but I think Watson is going to be our problem

actually i heard on 980 radio that Watson may not play on Sunday...not sure why, they didn't go into specifics about what kind of injury he may have. anyone else know??

RedskinsNAVY28, I agree with you that we definitely have a shot. But I disagree with you what that shot it. The strategy should not be to open up the offense and get in a run and gun contest with what could be the most prolific passing attack in league history. That way can only lead to heart break, and has been tried six times before.

No, the way Gibbs will attack the Pat's is the same way he attacked Warren Moon and the oilders back when they were undefeated going deap into the season. Ball control. Keep that scary offense off of the field. Figure out a way to get four yards consistantly and stay with that. Clinton Portis 40 carry game.

That is our only hope, some sort of clock dominating offensive performance. Even then it will be a great game to watch. I can't remember the last time the skins played a team where I gave them such slim chances of pulling it off. I'll tell you though; traditionally it's not the tough games that this team blows. It's the easier games where this team traditionally overlooks and flubs.

Gibbs is a great coach because he beats who he's supposed to beat, even if he has to do it ugly. I look for the Pat's to face a very motivated compeditive team on Sunday. I also expect so see a seriously scalled down conservative attack. Not looking to score, but looking to grind it out. Classic Gibbs football.

Our only chance would be to run all over them and eat up the clock and keep Brady off the field.

But with our offensive line tore up... i'm not sure that's possible.

Exactly, the worst thing we could do is getting in a shootout with Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and Stalworth. The Pat's are likely to set an NFL record for most prolific offense this season. they are what 50pts or more ahead of the 1984 skins at week 7 who set an NFL scoreing record. Getting in a shoot out is not the answer. The Pat's have a glaring weakness. They have no running game. Ball control is the answer here.

Look for Gibbs to get more conservative not less conservative. Look for him to try to slow down the game and control the clock. Handing to one rusher like 30-40 times as he has done sucessfully many times in the past, to keep the dangerous offense off the field.

Exactly, the worst thing we could do is getting in a shootout with Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and Stalworth. The Pat's are likely to set an NFL record for most prolific offense this season. they are what 50pts or more ahead of the 1984 skins at week 7 who set an NFL scoreing record. Getting in a shoot out is not the answer. The Pat's have a glaring weakness. They have no running game. Ball control is the answer here.

Look for Gibbs to get more conservative not less conservative. Look for him to try to slow down the game and control the clock. Handing to one rusher like 30-40 times as he has done sucessfully many times in the past, to keep the dangerous offense off the field.

True true. It's like a replay of the Lions game.

Except, instead of Kitna and Coach "Liza" Marianelli, we got three-ring sporting Brady and Belichick.

Also, I don't think I'd categorize them as having "no running game." Malroney is a good back, who can produce when they need him to. They just haven't needed to use him this season except to run out the clock.

I think we will lose. why? I have to reasons:

1. we cannot control the time of possesion in our offense. (un healthy oline)

2. because of my reason no. 1, even though we match up well with our defense.

it will get tired later in the game (look at the cardinals game)

I need to look forward to our opponents two weeks from now

"New England has already banished the mighty Cowboys. That game was billed as a battle of unbeatens and the Pats absolutely hammered them. Dallas took the lead in the second half and still ended up losing by three touchdowns. Poor Miami didn't even look like they belonged on the same field as the Patriots on Sunday.

Next week the Redskins come to Foxborough and I don't give them a chance, even with one of the top defenses in the NFC. Washington has two great safeties and good cornerbacks, but without consistent pressure on Tom Brady you have no chance. I don't see how the Redskins win on the road. All Brady will do is spread the Redskins out and bingo here they go again.

The only way the Patriots lose is when they get full of themselves and get a little tired of hearing how great they are. When a team gets lured into that trap, then you get caught. Washington is good enough to get the Patriots' attention. Bill Belichick won't let his team overlook the Redskins."

Personally, I believe we have a team that can beat the Patriots. We just have to utilize the recievers that we signed just like we did with the Lions. We need to stop being conservative and be aggresive for once, especially with the Patriots.

Remember the last time we faced them. We beat the Patriots. They got so embarrassed that they went to a winning streak and won a Super Bowl. Randy Moss has a weakness too, remember when he used to play for the Vikings. We made him walk out the field. Donde Stallworth used to be with the Eagles and we stopped him. We can win this game. I believe we will. Im a true Redskins fan and Im not gonna be an anti-fan like the rest of the guys here. A win is a win. 4-2 is better than 3-3. We are still in it and we are not gonna quit. Patriots can be stop and it will happen next week. Go SKINS:applause: :applause: :applause:

There's a distinct difference between being an anti-fan and a realistic fan. You know a good car when you see it. Even if you can drive a bad car a couple of miles, it's only a matter of time before it cracks down on you. Though the Skins won, we saw cracks. And a realistic and true fan who doesn't look at today but also looks at tomorrow, cannot be in anyway impressed with the win yesterday. Rather, an anti-fan is a fan who deceives the organization and himself by saying that a win is a win, and that we are 4-2. We are 4-2 and the Giants are 4-2. Yet most will agree that the Giants have played better ever since they played us and are the better team at the moment. I choose to be a true realistic fan. It's called constructive criticism.

One of the only ways to beat the Pats is to keep that offense off the field. Nobody wins a shootout against this team...period. Good news is they did give up a lot of yards on the ground to Miami. Miami's o-line isn't that good, so even with our injuries I think we have a shot here. I know everybody things we should turn JC loose and air it out, but that's just not going to work guys. IF we can hold them to around 28, we can win this game.

RedskinsNAVY28, I agree with you that we definitely have a shot. But I disagree with you what that shot it. The strategy should not be to open up the offense and get in a run and gun contest with what could be the most prolific passing attack in league history. That way can only lead to heart break, and has been tried six times before.

No, the way Gibbs will attack the Pat's is the same way he attacked Warren Moon and the oilders back when they were undefeated going deap into the season. Ball control. Keep that scary offense off of the field. Figure out a way to get four yards consistantly and stay with that. Clinton Portis 40 carry game.

That is our only hope, some sort of clock dominating offensive performance. Even then it will be a great game to watch. I can't remember the last time the skins played a team where I gave them such slim chances of pulling it off. I'll tell you though; traditionally it's not the tough games that this team blows. It's the easier games where this team traditionally overlooks and flubs.

Gibbs is a great coach because he beats who he's supposed to beat, even if he has to do it ugly. I look for the Pat's to face a very motivated compeditive team on Sunday. I also expect so see a seriously scalled down conservative attack. Not looking to score, but looking to grind it out. Classic Gibbs football.

Combine that with our great D and we WILL win this game. i just hope Portis has one of the best games of his career and the o-line (backup o line), plays its hearts out so Portis/Betts and Sellers can play well.

One of the only ways to beat the Pats is to keep that offense off the field. Nobody wins a shootout against this team...period. Good news is they did give up a lot of yards on the ground to Miami. Miami's o-line isn't that good, so even with our injuries I think we have a shot here. I know everybody things we should turn JC loose and air it out, but that's just not going to work guys. IF we can hold them to around 28, we can win this game.

Bingo! Have people not seen that other teams have scored more then 20 points on them. Sure they didn't win because the Pats scored more. But those teams didn't have a killer D like we do.

I can't wait for the upset of the week. 37-27 Skins!!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

Archived