Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Bradshaws prediction about Skin vs Patriots

RedskinsNAVY28

Has anyone thought that maybe we have been setting everyone up for a big shock? Is our Offense really that bad or are we just saving our best for the game that gets us noticed? Think about it. Why aren't we opening it up? Some has to do with injuries but we are getting the job done. New Englands Defense is taking some hits and they are giving up some big numbers against the run and giving up more and more scores. Brady is just sitting in the pocket and having a field day. I say we win a close one and it will be a low scoring affair. 20-17

actually the Redskins ARE a team likely to be overlooked by the Patriots because of the state of things in the NFC and the Redskins penchant for struggling the past 2 weeks against average teams in Green Bay and Arizona.

that said, covering the point spread on this game on the road will be a nice achievement.

winning the game will absolutely shock the world :)

I believe we will. Im a true Redskins fan and Im not gonna be an anti-fan like the rest of the guys here. A win is a win. 4-2 is better than 3-3. We are still in it and we are not gonna quit. Patriots can be stop and it will happen next week. Go SKINS:applause: :applause: :applause:

Well said i always believe we have a chance to win our games and some people on here do go overboard with the bashing after a close win or a lose. Hey a wins a win and a lose is a lose all you have to do is regroup for next week. I say we do pull this out but really close a defensive battle 14-13

I'll never assume a loss with my beloved Redskins, but I realize this is the best team we've faced in many many years. The Pats are truly awesome right now. I would think Gibbs would HAVE to call a VERY different game to give us a chance. LOTS of downfield bombs, trick plays, basically using all 700 plays in that playbook.

If our o-line can get healthy and our D plays.....

who am I kidding?

Anybody who doesn't have the Pats favored BIG is:

a) a Homer

B) a Goof

or c) A Dreamer

Seriously- NE is darn good. Hopefully we're getting better.

The best I'm hoping for is to see some spark on offense.

Let's just keep the injuries to a minimum.

If our o-line can get healthy and our D plays.....

who am I kidding?

Anybody who doesn't have the Pats favored BIG is:

a) a Homer

B) a Goof

or c) A Dreamer

Seriously- NE is darn good. Hopefully we're getting better.

The best I'm hoping for is to see some spark on offense.

Let's just keep the injuries to a minimum.

Look, NE will lose a game or two this year. Games which I'm sure people will say "how the hell did they win that game?" I would love to be one of those teams that leave everyone scratching their heads.

In going against the Patriots at Foxboro, the Redskins have to play smart and be very aggressive in their playcalling no matter the cost. On offense, they have to take their chances and open themselves up a little more on calling this game because playing too conservative ain't gonna cut it. At the same time, the Redskins' Offense can't afford to commit any more turnovers or develop a bad habit of going three and out. Jason Campbell & Co. definitely have to sustain drives and execute crucial run and pass plays down the stretch in order to stand a chance against the Pats.

Look, NE will lose a game or two this year. Games which I'm sure people will say "how the hell did they win that game?" I would love to be one of those teams that leave everyone scratching their heads.

I
hope
they win it too, don't get me wrong.

But I just can't see how it would ever happen this coming week.

The 'Skins have had no real offense the entire year.

Some games we can lean on our D and win, but I don't think this is one of them. On the road, in a tough environment against a juggernaut.

Those are some long odds.

But
hope
I do.

We don't have a snowball's chance in He##. Because we don't score enough points as it is. You see the awful play calling in the Cardinals game??? Do you see how scared the coaches are to turn the offense lose???? the Patriots scored more points in one half yesterday then we scored in two games!!!

Yeah our defense offers some different challenges to the patriots WR corps but our defense will be kept on the field too long from all the 3 and outs our offense is going to have. It won't take long for Bellichek to figure us out on defense, make the adjustments and then they put up their customary 38 points.

sorry..we have no shot. But I hope Gibbs pays close attention to the Patriots so he can see how a team is suppose to work. Becuase clearly Gibbs has forgotten.

We have nothing to lose in this game

coaches and players all say take it one game at a time, that might be true for the most part, but I belive the coaches have been anticipating this game for a while

Of coarse they wanted to win last week aginst the cards, but we where definetly concervitive. I think Casey R, Marcus W, could have played last week, but they didn't want any injurys to reoccur. We new there would be no chance without them this week.

Everyone expects us to loose of course. I even think it is far fetched for us to win. But I think our D will allow less points than any other team has aginst them so far this year. And like I said we have nothing to lose, if our O is aggresive and can find a way to make plays, we might give are selfs a shot in the end to come up with a win. The key is the D, they need to play there best and give us a TD or 2 as well though. The potential for all of this to happen is there, but Im prepairing myself for a lose.

If we win the NFL will be stuned, I will be all smiles, the cowboys will be scared

Go skins

Come on people.. DEFENSE wins games.. Remember back in 2003, Super Bowl XXXVII Oakland Raiders Vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers.. Oakland was an offensive jaggernaut and Tampa Bay was a beast on defense..? Great defense usually beats great offense. Case closed. Don't ask why. Just accept it and move on.

Let me put you back in time..

The Super Bowl was a nightmare by halftime for the Oakland Raiders -- and then Coach Chucky's horror show got even worse.

Defense did 'em in, baby! And the Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't need much more.

Head coach Jon Gruden and his Bucs won their first NFL championship Sunday, routing the Oakland Raiders 48-21 in the first matchup of best offense vs. best defense.

The Tampa Bay defense won by a mile, returning three of a record five interceptions for touchdowns and shutting down any hope the Raiders had of a late comeback.

"There was nothing they could do to us," Bucs defensive tackle Warren Sapp said. "Nothing."

It was especially sweet for the former NFL laughingstock, a team that lost its first 26 games after it started playing in 1976 in those garish orange uniforms. Oakland quarterback Rich Gannon hardly looked like the NFL's MVP.

I hope this boost some morale with all Redskin fans that just gave up with our team. We haven't played the Patriots yet and you already guaranteed a LOSE.. Its David Vs Goliath baby... Its gonna be a good game..

DEFENSE WILL WIN..:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

With our o-line the way it is, I don't see us having a chance.

Yep,

I'm in Afghanistan, but my familiy informed that #59 scored on an interception return and had he not scored we would not have won that game. I would say we keep Heyer, Thomas and Rabach. Everyone else needs an overhaul. Hell we can't even run to the left. People say the right side is weak. Neither side is really dominating or not even consistent.

I say we can't run to either side and pass blocking is not consistent from either side it's not like #17 can set. On 80% of our pass plays, there's significant pressure from the opponents "D" line. While legitimate contenders only get significant pressure on their QB about 10% of the time.

Randy Moss never plays well against us, but he's never played with New England, either. Speaking of schemes, I wouldn't depend on #47 to be our high percentage target on pass plays, because unlike our assistants New England knows what he can do and they'll game plan him and make adjustments to shut him down. So don't think we have a simple out let to #47 because it won't be simple.

I keep stating on this board that the opponents TE is a high percentage receiver when opponents "O" is in certain situations....you know what those situations are. And I know you read this board, so either, and I maybe, I'm wrong, you assistant coaches have a deficiency or #52 just can't cover. In certain situations if you take away the TE or at least manage him, then the opponent has no where to go. Arizona ran a TE delay 3 second delay. That's H.S. crap. Watch what Coates does. But you're asking #60 to manage his man and assignment against New England? Yeah I hear you but I'll say it anyway :

Go Skins Win!

I think the best thing that can happen to this team is we go down early by 3 tds. Then maybe they will open up this offense and they can atleast see what will happen.

I am not saying we win this game but maybe it will open up some eyes and the coaches will take off the handcuffs (If Joe did not forget where he put the keys)

I think the best thing that can happen to this team is we go down early by 3 tds. Then maybe they will open up this offense and they can atleast see what will happen.

I am not saying we win this game but maybe it will open up some eyes and the coaches will take off the handcuffs (If Joe did not forget where he put the keys)

I think that if that happens, you don't have a snowballs chance in hell no matter what you do offensively. You can't outscore that offense. You have to limit there opportunities. To me, that offense is the strength of the team. If you go head to head with them, they'll beat you. I think you have to use the running game to wear down there offense and put together sustained drives. Make there defense work for a living again. That's how to do it.

Archived