Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's all fun and games until someone loses a hand...

RonJeremy

Pep rally tug-of-war results in severed hands

Football players taken to hospital with ‘blood flying everywhere’

Students' hands severed in tug-of-war tragedy

Oct. 15: Two Colorado teens whose hands were partially severed during a game of tug-of-war are now in stable condition. KUSA's Carrie McClure reports.

PARKER, Colo. - It was supposed to be a celebration at Lutheran High School southeast of Denver, but the homecoming festivities turned into a tragic accident.

During a pep rally inside the school's gymnasium Friday afternoon, the senior football players took to the court to play a game of tug-of-war with the junior football players.

Witnesses say during the competition, two juniors, who had the rope wrapped around their hands, started to scream.

Sophomore Jenni Kjerstad said it was a chaotic scene inside the school.

"Hearing it was pretty gross. There was like a lot of people screaming and just all blood flying everywhere and just people running out of the room," she said.

Parker Police say the boys suffered severe injuries, partially severing their hands.

"The injuries consisted of partial amputation of the right hand on both players," said Lt. Sam Realmuto of the Parker Police Department.

The boys, Henry Barrett and Mitch Helfer, were rushed to nearby hospitals, where they had to undergo surgery to save their hands.

Barrett is listed in critical condition, while Helfer's condition was not immediately known.

Counselors were brought to the school for students who witnessed the accident or were affected by the event.

"We're praying for all you guys," said Kjerstad.

Lutheran High School says it has postponed all homecoming events until further notice.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21281586/

They had a tug of war at my company's picnic a couple of years ago. Office vs office, and everybody was talking **** about it up until we did it.

The guy in the front on the other team wrapped the rope around his arm. The rope broke, and because everyone was still pulling, the wrapped rope ripped right through his skin. No amputations or anything, but blood & a real bad rope burn.

Served the guy right too, cause he was an *******.... :)

Hmmm...private schools really do cost an arm and a leg...well, at least a hand.

"a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". I don't know about you, but I'd rather have two hands in the bush :D. those boys almost lost that option.

I guess you don't hang out with too many "lasses of virtue true." :laugh:

Archived