Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell had a helluva good game

Burgold

Week 6 game ball  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Week 6 game ball

The overthrow to Brandon Lloyd was even more inexcusable. It was later in the game, and it not only would have put the Redskins up by more then a Field Goal(which likely would have sealed it because I'm sorry, Green Bay was not getting into the endzone anymore) but it would have been a momentum killer for the Packers. Lloyd was wide open, and a proper throw is an easy TD. Campbell needs to put air under that ball, especially when the WR has about five yards between him and the defender. Inexcusable for a QB that most of us believe is going to be elite one day.

THE BALL THROWN TO LLOYD WAS NOT CAMPBELLS FAULT. LLOYD WAS NOT RUNNING AT FULL SPEED TILL HE SAW WHERE THE BALL WAS AND TRIED TO SPEED UP AT THE LAST MINUTE AND TRY TO CATCH THE BALL. YOU KNOW HE HAS AN ARM, SO RUN YOUR ROUTE HARD AND CAMPBELL WILL GET YOU THE BALL. ALL IN ALL IT WAS JUST A BAD GAME. THEY HAPPEN. ARE WE DONE FOR THE SEASON...NO, BUT YOU CAN'T BLAME JC.

Campbell did play great. We couldnt run the ball with our depleted Oline, but he made great throw after great throw. Too many drops by our recievers. The Lloyd ball would have been huge, but Lloyd could have made that catch. He gets better every week.

This is the first time in a long time that i dont recall any delays of game. :applause:

The overthrow to Brandon Lloyd was even more inexcusable. It was later in the game, and it not only would have put the Redskins up by more then a Field Goal(which likely would have sealed it because I'm sorry, Green Bay was not getting into the endzone anymore) but it would have been a momentum killer for the Packers. Lloyd was wide open, and a proper throw is an easy TD. Campbell needs to put air under that ball, especially when the WR has about five yards between him and the defender. Inexcusable for a QB that most of us believe is going to be elite one day.

THIS IS WHO I WAS QUOTING FROM IN MY EARLIER REPLY.

Campbell looks like he is developing a deadly accuracy.

He did everything he needed to do (and then some) to win the game. He got absolutely NO help from anyone on the offense.

The Oline folded with injuries, CP had a terrible game, Betts is pretty much worthless, and Santana Moss had the worst game by a 'Skins WR that I have ever seen. He should apologize to the team for single-handedly losing the game. Cooley looked good but then dissapeared.

What more could Campbell have done? Nothing. He did EVERYTHING he needed to do. In some respects, that is great to see. In other respects, it sort of sums up this team. They are their own worst enemy, constantly.

Campbell ain't perfect but he is easily our offensive MVP right now in my opinion. He is staying cool under pressure (sometimes constant like today) and making some great throws -- often to guys who wouldn't make a lot of other NFL rosters. He still has plenty to improve upon, but more and more I think the legacy of Gibbs 2.0 will be trading up to draft JC.

THIS IS WHO I WAS QUOTING FROM IN MY EARLIER REPLY.

Brett Favre missed how many bombs today? Is he a bum? That catch was Lloyd's or no ones and Lloyd had a decent chance to catch it. Moss should have caught his. No ifs ands or buts.

When you're talking about a 40 plus yard throw down the field if it hits the receiver in the hands, it's an acceptable throw. But let's assume you're right that that was a poor throw. That still doesn't account for nine other drops and ref screws that Campbell was victimized by.

The kid had a helluva good day.

Both bombs should have been caught. Especially the Moss catch. The Moss catch was a relatively easy one and he didn't even have to really even break stride. Lloyd's was harder, but definately should have been caught. The reverse fumble and Portis's screen self-tackle really have me wondering.

Campbell did the job out there. He was just really badly let down.

agreed. he would have had a great game and we would have won by at least 10 if our WR's didn' let him down.

maybe since it was raining, it as harder for our WR's to catch? IDk bu Moss and Lloyd have underachieved all year. They better step it up ASAP.

You are seriously dumb. He got one chance at a deep ball, and I put that on Campbell with an overthrow. Are you serious? How many receivers can bring that ball in, in that kind of weather. Your just looking for reasons to hate on Lloyd. But I agree with Moss.

what kind of idiot are you? how is a ball that hits you in the ***king face overthrown? campbell did as well as could have been asked of him. he is still young and getting better but all those dropped passes were just ridiculous

Bottom line is: If the ball hits you in the ****ing hands, it HAS to be caught. Moss accounted for a fumble, a pick, and a long bomb being negated. I love Santana, I really do, but anyone blaming Campbell is off their rocker. Seriously.

Even with all the droped balls, even with the O-line injuries piling on, and even against a good Green Bay defense, Jason still was 21/37 for over 200 yards. That is extremely impressive, no matter how you look at it. I can't think of many QBs who would be able to put up those kind of numbers with the kind of day the rest of the offense was having.

Exactly...Jason isn't getting much help out there, WE NEED A #1 WR...MOSS is a great #2 but he is not a #1...

I'm on that bandwagon too. Adarius Bowman and Limas Sweed should get some looks at WR while Michael Oher at OT is interesting as well.

I have bashed Campbell ever since he was at Auburn because I never thought hed be a good qb. He had a decent game today but he needs to learn when he cant take sacks like at the end of a game without timeouts. And when we have 4th and 17 at the end of a game force it downfield and dont throw a screen.

Decent game? He completed 57% of his passes despite 9 dropped passes. Well over 200 yards. A TD, and an INT(that wasn't really a f'n INT).

I'd say he played pretty damn well. Take away those drops and he's got over 70% accuracy, 350+ yards and maybe 2 TD's. I'd say that's a bit better than "decent". Especially considering the insane pressure he was under all game long.

Saluting this thread with 50/50 Gardner doesn't help :mad:

Campbell was great. What hurts most is the guys who are supposed to be our stars let us down the most. Campbell did what he needed to and actually significantly out played Favre.

That's the most furstrating part, Campbell out played Farve, but all you will remember is how Farve won the game, and allo of that other BS. We need a clutch player on offense to go with Campbell, it is becoming more evident every week, Campbell is our best offensive player, we need a big game changing reciever.

Seriously!! Cheers Jason. Way to hang tough despite playing against a very tough front in Green Bay w/o some key linemen. I love the long term promise he continues to show week in week out.

He is our best offensive player, but he needs help, Moss and Portis need to step their game up.

Archived