Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell had a helluva good game

Burgold

Week 6 game ball  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Week 6 game ball

Hard to be positive at all right now, because I'm pretty damned frustrated, but Campbell really showed up well today. His receivers let him down huge, but he made the plays. Moss disappeared. Sellars, El, Lloyd all had drops. Portis did relatively nothing and had a stupid fumble and tackled himself on a screen. The Redskins lost this game badly.

A couple of sour grape complaints though.

We learned today that the tie goes to the defender. That a receiver (thrash) being mugged by illegal contact commits a penalty by trying to disengage from an illegal hold.

Still, Campbell showed a lot of poise considering all the negative plays the Redskins made. He even got pretty close to running down Woodson. I really think we have a future star in the making.

To me Campbell has been impressive in every situation he has been given, except with Deep Ball accuracy.

Some of it might be contributed to the fact that we have a different starting WR starting every week so timing is an issue, but that excuse can only be stretched so far.

We can be down on Lloyd and Moss for what they haven't done this season, or didn't do in today's game, but they were both Wide Open down the field in position for an easy TD catch, which would have made the game a ten point lead, and the ball was underthrown and overthrown. The pass to Moss, I pretty much equally blame Moss for because he didn't use his hands, and instead let the ball come to his body/facemask first, but if that ball is not a little underthrown, it is six.

The overthrow to Brandon Lloyd was even more inexcusable. It was later in the game, and it not only would have put the Redskins up by more then a Field Goal(which likely would have sealed it because I'm sorry, Green Bay was not getting into the endzone anymore) but it would have been a momentum killer for the Packers. Lloyd was wide open, and a proper throw is an easy TD. Campbell needs to put air under that ball, especially when the WR has about five yards between him and the defender. Inexcusable for a QB that most of us believe is going to be elite one day.

his deep ball is fine it doesn't help that when he throws it our stupid receivers can't stay on there feet to go in stride with it. why thrash is starting over mccardell is beyond me. whenever mccardell's in the game he's made things happen. last week and this week.

He did make some mistakes out there.

I am not saying he is horrible......but he MUST adjust. We are not giving "byes" to those who drop.......we cant give "byes" to Jason for the over thrown passes.

He must always be able to check down. On that last play to Betts...he could have checked down to McCardell.

These things will come.

He has not had a full year under the center yet.

Both bombs should have been caught. Especially the Moss catch. The Moss catch was a relatively easy one and he didn't even have to really even break stride. Lloyd's was harder, but definately should have been caught. The reverse fumble and Portis's screen self-tackle really have me wondering.

Campbell did the job out there. He was just really badly let down.

The receivers need to catch the ****ing ball. Moss blew it and Lloyd blew it.

Lloyd not getting chances my ass.

You are seriously dumb. He got one chance at a deep ball, and I put that on Campbell with an overthrow. Are you serious? How many receivers can bring that ball in, in that kind of weather. Your just looking for reasons to hate on Lloyd. But I agree with Moss.

To me Campbell has been impressive in every situation he has been given, except with Deep Ball accuracy.

We can be down on Lloyd and Moss for what they haven't done this season, or didn't do in today's game, but they were both Wide Open down the field in position for an easy TD catch, which would have made the game a ten point lead, and the ball was underthrown and overthrown. The pass to Moss, I pretty much equally blame Moss for because he didn't use his hands, and instead let the ball come to his body/facemask first, but if that ball is not a little underthrown, it is six.

The overthrow to Brandon Lloyd was even more inexcusable. It was later in the game, and it ...

What are you talking about. Those passes were catchable. The ball slipped through their hands.

Moss and Clinton are not 100%, it is more than clear.

We will need to rely on Keenan and others until Moss and Clinton recover.

Both bombs should have been caught. Especially the Moss catch. The Moss catch was a relatively easy one and he didn't even have to really even break stride. Lloyd's was harder, but definately should have been caught. The reverse fumble and Portis's screen self-tackle really have me wondering.

Campbell did the job out there. He was just really badly let down.

Exactly...Jason isn't getting much help out there, WE NEED A #1 WR...MOSS is a great #2 but he is not a #1...

You are seriously dumb. He got one chance at a deep ball, and I put that on Campbell with an overthrow. Are you serious? How many receivers can bring that ball in, in that kind of weather. Your just looking for reasons to hate on Lloyd. But I agree with Moss.

He got his hands on the ball he should of caught it. Its the NFL not high school Football. However I cant get upset at Lloyd for that one. This comes down to Moss and injuries on the line.

He did make some mistakes out there.

I am not saying he is horrible......but he MUST adjust. We are not giving "byes" to those who drop.......we cant give "byes" to Jason for the over thrown passes.

He must always be able to check down. On that last play to Betts...he could have checked down to McCardell.

These things will come.

He has not had a full year under the center yet.

Agreed. For all the bad drops and fumbles the offense had, Campbell could have done better as well. The throw to Lloyd could have had a little more air on it. The checkdown to McCardell was their but Campbell was a little too quick in getting the ball out of there.

He made some great plays too, like the TD pass to Cooley and the run for a TD. But he still has a long way to go when it comes to reaching his potential.

It was only his 12th start after all.

I'm not saying he played a perfect game, but he did play a helluva good game and showed a lot. He also played well enough for us not only to win, but win convincingly. And I'm not just talking about the two drops on bombs. I'm talking El's drop, the 3rd and 2 to Sellers that would have gone for five or six. He probably had close to ten dropped passes today.

Jason needs some help with WR's. Besides ARE the rest don't seem dedicated, and dropping passes does not give Jason the confidence to throw it on crucial downs. Instead you get the check offs.

Jason did good today. Continue to let him play, I saw some handcuffs on him when we went down by three points. Those tosses for runs should of been down field passes.

The overthrow to Brandon Lloyd was even more inexcusable. It was later in the game, and it not only would have put the Redskins up by more then a Field Goal(which likely would have sealed it because I'm sorry, Green Bay was not getting into the endzone anymore) but it would have been a momentum killer for the Packers. Lloyd was wide open, and a proper throw is an easy TD. Campbell needs to put air under that ball, especially when the WR has about five yards between him and the defender. Inexcusable for a QB that most of us believe is going to be elite one day.

Quoted for truth.

I say to the people criticizing Lloyd for this play that you are remembering what you want.

it was an EASY TD.

Lloyd dove for it and only got one hand on it. He was fully extended and the ball was not 'in his palms.' It may have bounced off one hand and hit the other as he reached but it was not one of those 'should have caught.'

Please be objective. If Moss plays well or doesn't play (really,) Campbell probably doesn't need to complete that pass. BUt he has to take the hit on that.

And on that 4th down pass to Betts. He had McCardell and got rid of the ball too quick to a guy who wasn't near the marker and was going to get hit immediately.

Yes, Jason has been very good but don't blame Lloyd when Brandon got himself WIDE OPEN and would have had the GAME_WINNING touchdown if Jason had just thrown as pass that I could have thrown (well, maybe, I'd have to see the distance on that one again.)

----

I absolutely agree with what Blondie said above.

Im not impressed with how he played. The two times we needed him most, both on 4th down, he checked down to Betts and turned it over on downs. We have Brunell for that.

But he had a good game other than that, his numbers would look better if there hadn't been so many drops.

I'm dumb? Excuse me, young man? I am NOT the person whom you want to start something with right now.

Lloyd made all of those catches in San Fran, but can't catch a cold out there. Why are you making excuses for a pathetic receiver who got HIT IN THE HANDS? I don't care if it's raining. This is the NFL, and Lloyd does not deserve to play in it.

Get back to your English 101 class, boy.

Quoted for truth.

I say to the people criticizing Lloyd for this play that you are remembering what you want.

it was an EASY TD.

Lloyd dove for it and only got one hand on it. He was fully extended and the ball was not 'in his palms.' It may have bounced off one hand and hit the other as he reached but it was not one of those 'should have caught.'

Please be objective. If Moss plays well or doesn't play (really,) Campbell probably doesn't need to complete that pass. BUt he has to take the hit on that.

And on that 4th down pass to Betts. He had McCardell and got rid of the ball too quick to a guy who wasn't near the marker and was going to get hit immediately.

Yes, Jason has been very good but don't blame Lloyd when Brandon got himself WIDE OPEN and would have had the GAME_WINNING touchdown if Jason had just thrown as pass that I could have thrown (well, maybe, I'd have to see the distance on that one again.)

----

I absolutely agree with what Blondie said above.

It hit him in both hands. Watch the replay. He made all of those circus catches in San Fran, but he couldn't catch something that hit him in BOTH hands?

Eff that guy.

Archived