Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell had a helluva good game

Burgold

Week 6 game ball  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Week 6 game ball

Again, this thread is not about the Lloyd drop or the in the hands off the head in the hands on the ground Moss drop. It's about the fact that those passes were there or close enough, but more importantly that there were six other "easy" catches that were dropped. Six catches that would have preserved drives or put us in scoring range. Don't focus on the leaves. Look at the forest.

Frankly I think the one play of the game that should be on Campbell was the fourth down play.

I'm sorry, but it's a load of crap to say that Campbell over- or under-threw those deep passes today. Both times the receiver got BOTH hands on it, which in the NFL means they SHOULD have caught the ball. It's ridiculous to expect it to be perfect within a foot or two on a fifty yard pass. Receivers need to make plays, and ours mostly don't.

Of course Campbell could have thrown both of them a LITTLE bit better, but they are professional wideouts, they need to be able to catch a ball that's slightly less than perfectly thrown.

Campbell got screwed today, plain and simple. He played a great game, but seven+ dropped passes and guys fumbling in key situations f'd him in the a.

I have bashed Campbell ever since he was at Auburn because I never thought hed be a good qb. He had a decent game today but he needs to learn when he cant take sacks like at the end of a game without timeouts. And when we have 4th and 17 at the end of a game force it downfield and dont throw a screen.

Maybe we need to protect him at the end of the game. Campbell has been nothing short of a really good QB this year. You know nothing about football. Nothing.

It hit him in both hands. Watch the replay. He made all of those circus catches in San Fran, but he couldn't catch something that hit him in BOTH hands?

Eff that guy.

It didn't hit him simultaneously in both hands and I'll stand by that until someone provides video proof otherwise (and it better show the replay angle we saw on TV.)

You're so obsessed with Lloyd you're letting it affect your judgment. THe ball was overthrown---PERIOD.

If it were another wideout, you'd see that.

JC played very very well today. People, he scored both our TDs. He had Moss drop multiple balls, ARE drops a first down catch, Sellers drops a first down catch, cooley even dropped a long ball.

The only bad throw was the one to lloyd but even that isnt bad. Hell i just saw brady miss moss on the first play in the dallas game but he has made every other throw.

Jason played very well and if anyone would make a play for him we would win this game and he would have great stats.

Someone needs to make a play for Jason.

It didn't hit him simultaneously in both hands and I'll stand by that until someone provides video proof otherwise (and it better show the replay angle we saw on TV.)

You're so obsessed with Lloyd you're letting it affect your judgment. THe ball was overthrown---PERIOD.

1) It hit him in both hands, and he gets paid MILLIONS of dollars to FAIL at his ONE job?

2) Can you tell me the name of any wideout that I'm happy with right now?

Ghost and New Cliche,

I'm shocked that you can't find a Lloyd thread for this discussion. The pass was catchable. It wasn't an easy catch, but it was makeable. The fact is, that was one drop out ten. If half of those drops are catches. We win. Campbell threw the ball where it could be caught. Most of his passes were fine. His receivers were not or just couldn't handle the rain.

Somebody needs to step up and help JC out. Cooley can't do everything, teams are learning to take him out of the game. I'm worried that our situation with our offensive line will now give Campbell even fewer chances to make plays. We need healthy and reliable playmakers, in a bad way.

Ghost and New Cliche,

I'm shocked that you can't find a Lloyd thread for this discussion. The pass was catchable. It wasn't an easy catch, but it was makeable. The fact is, that was one drop out ten. If half of those drops are catches. We win. Campbell threw the ball where it could be caught. Most of his passes were fine. His receivers were not or just couldn't handle the rain.

What the hell are you shocked about? This directly relates to Campbell, who is the subject of the thread. :doh:

I think people are taking our Jason Campbell constructive criticism a bit too far. No one is saying he is horrible, no is saying he is not going to be a Great QB eventually, however just because he performs well most of the time, doesn't mean he should get a free pass on throws that should be easy. Seriously, right as we are losing the game, I see a game-break going to Chicago, and watch Brian freakin Griese make a better deep ball toss.

Campbell has a hell of an arm, which might be a blessing and a curse as a young, inexperienced QB. He just needs to learn that not every ball thrown over 20 yards needs to be a laser. See Bret Farve, why do you think he can be so erratic at times as well, because he has ONE MODE: GUNSLINGER. It is a blessing and a curse. I just want to see Campbell make the necessary adjusments while he is a young QB, before these bad habits turn into an actual career attribute.

The Lloyd pass was on Campbell. He should have thrown a more catchable ball, and Lloyd (whom I have done nothing but hate on since the horrible awful no good trade for him) did a good job to come as close to catching it as he did.

Other than that, I thought Campbell was great today. If it weren't for the drops and fumbles (and the ridiculous PI call on Thrash), the game is a blowout. And there wasn't much he could do at the end, the line couldn't give him two seconds before he was getting swarmed.

Today, I think his deep ball was not bad. I think Moss' should have been an easy touchdown catch. I think Lloyd's should have been a medium hard touchdown catch. I think the pass to Thrash was great and it was criminal that they called offensive PI on that play. Just like having the tie go to the defender was sheer robbery.

From what I saw in the multiple replays of it at different angles, he dove and the ball pretty much fell through his hands (while hitting them). I suppose I could understand if this was some scrub who just got off the practice squad, but Lloyd is KNOWN for being able to make those kinds of catches. I'm not saying the pass wasn't overthrown a bit, but it was certainly a catchable ball.

He played a good game. Guys drop passes every week but today was absolutely ridiculous. I have never seen a team drop so many balls right in the hands as I did today.

He could be better with the deep stuff but even those are, for the most part, put in play. To my count he threw three today. One was into coverage, one he hit Moss in stride but was dropped, and the other was the slight overthrow to Lloyd. 1 if not 2/3 on deep passes is solid.

He's improving every week and that's all you can realistically ask for. Yeah it'd be great if he were the next Tom Brady but that's not going to happen.

Problem with that is, DBs can ALSO run under it. I'd rather it be an on-the-stride catch than a jump ball, with our receivers.

Not when the WR has five yards on him.....if the ball has air under it, then Lloyd keeps running instead of diving....he catches the ball in stride, TD.

Or unless another team is suiting up Sean Taylor. LOL.

I think people are taking our Jason Campbell constructive criticism a bit too far. No one is saying he is horrible, no is saying he is not going to be a Great QB eventually, however just because he performs well most of the time, doesn't mean he should get a free pass on throws that should be easy. Seriously, right as we are losing the game, I see a game-break going to Chicago, and watch Brian freakin Griese make a better deep ball toss.

Campbell has a hell of an arm, which might be a blessing and a curse as a young, inexperienced QB. He just needs to learn that not every ball thrown over 20 yards needs to be a laser. See Bret Farve, why do you think he can be so erratic at times as well, because he has ONE MODE: GUNSLINGER. It is a blessing and a curse. I just want to see Campbell make the necessary adjusments while he is a young QB, before these bad habits turn into an actual career attribute.

It is plain absurd to expect a perfect pass every time. Even Manning and Brady miss passes, especially deep ones, in every game. The onus is also on the receiver for making a play, and Moss is the only one who has done that in the past (and can't seem to do it anymore). If it is catchable, it doesn't mean the player should catch it every time, but a good receiver catches a catchable ball most of the time. A perfect pass should be caught EVERY time, a catchable pass should be caught MOST of the time.

Sure you could nitpick about that pass, because it certainly wasn't perfect, but there's no way it wasn't more on Lloyd's shoulders than on Campbell's. The QB gave the WR a chance to make a play, which is about all you could reasonably expect.

It's just sad that we can't EVER expect Lloyd or really any receiver not named Randle El to make a play on a catchable ball.

Haven't read anything by the TITLE of this thread...........

TOTALLY agree :point2sky :cheers:

Saluting this thread with 50/50 Gardner doesn't help :mad:

Campbell was great. What hurts most is the guys who are supposed to be our stars let us down the most. Campbell did what he needed to and actually significantly out played Favre.

Archived