Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF: Bills vs Cowboys

RenegadeTK

Face guarding is NOT a penalty in the NFL. I wish the NFL made a bigger point about this, because announcers get it wrong all of the time too. I didn't see any PI but I might have missed it.

I know for a fact that faceguarding was called in the AFC championship game last year. I remember the exact play. It was a fade route to Wayne in the corner, exactly like the 2 point conversion play tonight.

What other stat matters besides wins?

NE will most likely beat us. I don't deny that. They're the best team in football.

Romo sits to pee made some horrible throws. Show me a young QB who hasn't. He also led them down the field to get the game to 24-22, and then got the FG. He made a perfect throw to TO on the 2 point conversion that TO dropped. He might've been rattled, but he kept his composure enough in the final 4 minutes to give his team a chance to win.

Also show me a QB with 7 300-yard games in their first 15 games. You won't find many.

And all of that 7 "300" yards game he thrown for has been against bad defenses! STFU and take the blinder off Romo sits to pee is so f**king average. HE can't throw along the sideline for sh*t. Take away the middle and you contain Romo sits to pee.

Face guarding is NOT a penalty in the NFL. I wish the NFL made a bigger point about this, because announcers get it wrong all of the time too. I didn't see any PI but I might have missed it.

Looked like there was contact too - plus when you don't play the ball you usually get called. Don't really matter now. :(

What other stat matters besides wins?

NE will most likely beat us. I don't deny that. They're the best team in football.

Romo sits to pee made some horrible throws. Show me a young QB who hasn't. He also led them down the field to get the game to 24-22, and then got the FG. He made a perfect throw to TO on the 2 point conversion that TO dropped. He might've been rattled, but he kept his composure enough in the final 4 minutes to give his team a chance to win.

Also show me a QB with 7 300-yard games in their first 15 games. You won't find many.

I dont care about stupid yards. I care about WINS. Romo sits to pee did his part to make up for the mess he made in the 1st half, that's what matters. I know Cowboys fans left and right and media are riding his jock with the next Favre stuff and whatnot, I don't think he's that good. But, I do think he's good enough to win with and good enough to be an above-average QB (although not a star). Some of the sour grapes posts in this thread are awesome, about how he's terrible and so on and so forth. But, if terrible is 5-0, ill take it.

Well, the NFC is WIDE OPEN this year.

That's the only statement so far that makes me feel a little better for at least a minute. Man this anger is bad! I need to go to work tommorow, but there is no way I can go to sleep right now. My blood is boiling.

I'm not sure. But I know that a defender has to at least look for the ball, which was not done on the 2 point conversion play.

If he gets there late, and swipes at the ball it's one thing. When you're in front, throw your hands up then swipe down hoping you get lucky, thats PI.

By the time the defender got there... TO was just about jumping for the ball. He wasn't off the ground but stopped his route and started to bend his knees for the jump.

If that is a rule.. that is why the ref didn't call it. or maybe because the defender allowed TO to catch the ball.. THEN he swipped at it. He gave TO a chance. :whoknows:

Again, I don't know.

running the clock in the 4th quarter with the worst offense in football is totally called for. when we do its awful because we have a slew of playmakers. the bills have absolutely nobody that can be counted on.

the bills lost to themselves. the cowboys looked completely terrible.

YEah but in that situation you take the FG and make it a 2 possesion game where they are forced to score two TD's.

By the way, you cant talk all about the D in this game, they looked like a top 5 D out there. O Coordinator needs to be fired 2nite.

I'm am so tired of the Cowboys, I can't even tell you. This Bills/Pokes game made my blood boil. And not because the Bills choked, that was a given, but because the media darlings will continue to be praised for yet another week. And why? Because they won? Big effing deal. 14 teams did that this week.
The Cowgirls are going up against the ultimate media darling next week: The Patriots. After this performance, they will be underdogs at home.

As much as it pains me... props to Dallas. Amazzzzzing win. That's the kind of win that makes players believe. If there was anyone left on that roster or in the front office who doubted Romo sits to pee, there's no reason to doubt. I think he gets his extension this week.

Not sure what happens against New England, but I'm guessing Dallas rides this to 12 wins and a first round bye. Sometimes, you just gotta tip your cap.

As much as it pains me... props to Dallas. Amazzzzzing win. That's the kind of win that makes players believe. If there was anyone left on that roster or in the front office who doubted Romo sits to pee, there's no reason to doubt. I think he gets his extension this week.

Not sure what happens against New England, but I'm guessing Dallas rides this to 12 wins and a first round bye. Sometimes, you just gotta tip your cap.

I'm hoping this is satire... :doh:

WOW we were horrible tonight.

We'd better not give that crap against New England.

Crap crap crap.

I hope Tony Romo sits to pee has enjoyed his reign as prom queen, because Tom Brady will be walking away with both the gown and tiara next week.

It will give a whole new meaning to the phrase, "The Emperor has no clothes."

I know for a fact that faceguarding was called in the AFC championship game last year. I remember the exact play. It was a fade route to Wayne in the corner, exactly like the 2 point conversion play tonight.

Sorry buddy, you're wrong. Maybe the rule changed or you remember it incorrectly.

From Mike Pereira on "Rules School" at NFL.com:

3) What is the official rule against "face-guarding" when a defender is trying to break up a pass? Is there a certain amount of space he must be within of the receiver for this penalty to be called?

There is no such thing as face-guarding in the National Football League. It is legal to face-guard a receiver. In order to have pass interference you must have contact. Any act without contact is not considered a foul.

Archived