Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After the Lions Game, Should we still draft Dline in the First?

Veretax

I was thinking after listening to the Lions game, that our Defensive line got pressure without blitz help. Another stud DL would be great for our line, with the way injuries seem to hamper us, but after the game I'm more worried about Marcus than the Dline. What do you guys think, that is those of you that thought earlier we should draft Dline first, do you still feel that way and why? If not what would you draft.

Right now I'm not certain about anything, but I'm beginning to understand why some think we should get another CB although not necessarily because of Rogers (Injuries to Smoot, Springs lack of staying healthy in the past etc.)

Thoughts?

I love how some fans think they know more than our coaching staff. Sure Detroits O-Line is subpar, but what about Philly's and Miami's? Our Lineman have done an outstanding job so far and if the coaching staff thinks that a lineman is the right choice in the draft, then it is the right choice; otherwise whatever position they choose, I stand behind.

We've got age to deal with. On both sides of the line. Not to mention our WR situation. So I think whoever said it above me is right. Lots of places for talent, so start taking the best player available at any of those slots: DLine, OLine, WR, CB, LB (and eventually we have to start thinking RB right?)

One great game against a struggling O line does not negate the ongoing lack of a pass rush and youth/depth on the Dline. So yeah, the Skins still need to address the DLine somehow.

Still need OG depth and a WR that will step up. ARE has stepped up amazingly but with everyone injured...you just can't have enough good WRs. The Skins have plenty of WRs but not plenty of real threats at WR. So I say...Give the ball to Cooley, TEs are tearing up the league while Defenses learn to adjust to the new age TE attack, Cooley could be doing the same in DC but they just don't seem to use him that way. maybe go back to calling him an Hback, they used him better like that.

I was thinking after listening to the Lions game, that our Defensive line got pressure without blitz help. Another stud DL would be great for our line, with the way injuries seem to hamper us, but after the game I'm more worried about Marcus than the Dline. What do you guys think, that is those of you that thought earlier we should draft Dline first, do you still feel that way and why? If not what would you draft.

Right now I'm not certain about anything, but I'm beginning to understand why some think we should get another CB although not necessarily because of Rogers (Injuries to Smoot, Springs lack of staying healthy in the past etc.)

Thoughts?

Ditto. While the lions have a descent front 7 we can't look at this game in a vacuum and assume all is well w/ that front four. Normally teams will double team carter or whoever needs help on the o-line and that didn't happen.

I am cautiously optimistic but for the draft we have to go w/ Veretax's synopsis suggestions.

WR is still our biggest need... We saw yesterday how good this defense can be when the offense puts pressure on the other team to score points. DE, OL, and CB are other needs but some of these positions will probably be upgraded through free agency.

A little early to be thinking about the draft. But, the team needs a future guard, DE and CB among others including a WR. Start picking the best players at those positions starting with the first pick.

Agreed. There are still 12 games to be played. Let's see how it goes before committing one way or another.

I agree with the masses on this one. Our D-line isn't getting any younger with the exception of Montgomery and Goldston. We need a DE to compliment Carter. I never thought I would have said that last season early on but he's panning out quite well for the Redskins.

After that we need some more depth on the Offensive line. I think Buges has done a great job with the patchwork line we have now but we could use another stud at Guard.

WR is a need too. Someone like Calvin Johnson if he exists in this coming draft would be nice :) Of course I don't remember him doing jack squat yesterday ....

CB for depth, I suppose to replace Springs when he eventually retires...

Maybe another TE to compliment Cooley? Or just pick up a good blocking TE in FA.

We've got a lot of aging starters.

I would like to see us address WR in the first round, and Oline, Dline, LBer in the subsequent rounds.

How many seasons do Fletcher and Washington have left? Blades appears to have some potential. Randy Thomas, Jon Jansen, Kendall, and even Chris Samuels are pretty old. We need to get young there. And Phillip Daniels & Cornelius Griffin are old too. :)

Oh yah we also need a corner to take Springs' place :)

Archived