Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After the Lions Game, Should we still draft Dline in the First?

Veretax

Too early to tell who's going to be taken in which round, and who's going to be available/affordable in FA, but-

CB- bye bye Springs, thanks for everything you've done

DE- need some youth, a bookend for AC would be awesome

G/C- no explanation needed

Tall WR- possession type, red-zone target, big target for JC. McC is probably retired after this season I'd imagine, maybe Reche stays on as a backup, moves up if he works hard

QB- late round project to hold the clipboard and eventually back up JC. We'll probably end up signing someone who's seen better days, but knows the Saunders system to back up JC (if MB leaves and if TC retires)

How cool is it that we still have 6/7 draft picks!

I agree the lions Oline is crap, but they also do a lot of passing so Dlines can t off.

Evans and Wilson have both impressed me a bit, though they haven't been game breakers. I still think DE is a high priority, but after this game I'm thinking if we can't get a real stud in our slot in the 1st we might be able to wait for it in the second and draft on the Oline, CB, or WR.

However, I'm worried about Marcus, I know HB looked pretty good in preseason, but Marcus's health is a concern for me :/

depends also on FA but we saw yesterday what the skins can be if we had a good pass rushing DL. Also areas of need include WR, CB, and G.

BPA at the time of our pick in those categories and I will be happy.

Exactly. This was what ran through my mind the whole game, "Wow, this is what our defense would look like against most teams IF we could get consistent pass rush pressure with just our front four".

A legit pass rushing threat at DE next offseason is a must. For our offense, a tall possesion WR to replace Brandon "Bust" Lloyd is equally important. We also desperately need some depth/future starters for the OL as well.

Yes, we need a youthful guy to replace Daniels. Every time I turn around Daniels is hobbling off the field with some kind of injury. I don't know if we need one in the 1st round or if there will be a guy out there in the free agent market. But youth at defensive end is definitely needed.

Same could be said across the offensive line. Jansen is showing extreme wear and tear with his recent season ending injuries. The age of our offensive line could sneak up on us pretty quickly.

And replacing Springs will also be a big priority.

A possession WR/ Big target would be nice. I'd say that is the missing piece on our offense.

The Draft next year is a difficult question, but lets assume we have a good year and pick somewhere between 15-25. In this area, I think we should consider seriously a OT. OT is a tough position to fill, but next year's class should be good and deep. If this years class would have came out, OT Levi Brown who was taken with the 5th pick wouldnt have been in the top 15 most likely. With injuries to Jansen and Samuel getting older, I would consider taking a OT in the first round just because you will find a huge value there for a top notch OT. I just have a feeling that Jansen, although Im a UM guy and love him, may have all these injuries cut short his career. This is moot if we think Wade would be a guy we can count on for 3-4 years....but I just don't know. Next years draft will provide an opportunity to draft an OT that will ahve much better talent than where he will go.

But I think our biggest need is a WR with size. If it is true that Fitzgerald wants out of Arizona, I would have no problem sending a first rounder to Arizona for this guy.

Teams always need CB and ours is no different. I hope we address this through FA.

Any infusion of talent along the DL or OG spots would be good.

But no one knows. We needed DL, WR and OL last year and we drafted a safety...and it seems to be the right call.

I'm hoping Heyer is being groomed as our next LT whenever Samuels hangs it up, which I figure he has a few good seasons left. Heyer can also play RT if Jansen and Wade are gone before Samuels. I'd actually see more benefit to drafting a pulling guard on the first day. Kendall has done well with this, and I'm all for keeping him around as long as he's productive, I just don't know how much longer that may be.

Our offense would also benefit tremendously if we were to get a possession receiver. There are too many offenses that are able to create huge mismatches with their WRs just being able to outposition defenders and not necessarily be open. Having someone on our offense able to extend drives and make huge plays while not being wide open would do wonders for our passing game, and JCs completion percentage.

As shown yesterday, our defensive backs look even more incredible with a pass rush from our front four. Although not seen stat wise, Chris Wilson did flash some potential as least in my eyes as being that threat on the left side to compliment Carter. I know people want a DE in the draft, but I actually think having a DT that can get upfield and collapse the pocket would be a better option. Imagine our DT getting pressure up the middle forcing the QB back right where Carter is after speed rushing past the LT. This could also go the other way with Carter forcing the QB to step up where our DT can get the sack.

Archived