Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC- An Open Letter To Dan Snyder

@DCGoldPants

I have to say I'm so sick of "f**k soccer", yada yada yada. It's a great sport. Not the greatest, because I definitely think American football takes that claim. I just don't understand the hostility. I never read "f**k basketball" or "f**k golf" on these boards. And in fairness, I encounter the same attitude towards football in soccer message boards. Any ideas as to why?

Translation (as I see it): "Dan, please buy another team in another sport so I can mock your ownership abilities across the globe." - JLC

I won't underestimate Mr. Snyder's desire to continue to generate income, but I just don't see this happening soon. He'd more likely get his Arena League franchise off the ground first.

Yeah a lot of the people who put soccer down probably haven't even bothered to watch the world's best. I used to be among those who put soccer down at every chance, and I used to play it. Then, my college roommate made me watch a couple games, and I must say I've gained a new appreciation for it. These guys might be the most athletic people in the world behind basketball players. To do things with your feet that most people can't do with their hands is amazing. Stop being immature and actually watch a game or twenty before you make your decision to "**** soccer."

One day people in Europe will realize that an opposable thumb is for more than self-gratification - it allows us to pick things up with our hands. Once they come to this realization, they will subsequently discover what Americans have known for so long - that soccer is friggin' stupid.

Screw you!! Step on the pitch some time and see how well you can talk junk after an elbow lands in your jaw.

Yes because soccer is such a MANS sport with 22 pretty boy prima-donnas earning $200,000+ a week mincing around a football field in thier short shorts and $800 hair cuts and male beauty products for 90 minutes falling over at the slightest wiff of contact.... yes a MANS sport

Also it should not be refered to as simply football but association football (or Soccer)...because football simply refers to a game in which feet and balls were involved . Although many people say association football is one of the oldest games in the world and has been doccumented way back to the 1400s that game has about the same similarities to the modern soccer games as a rock does to a DVD player. That game infact is much more similar to rugby where players could handle and kick the "ball" most commonly an inflated or otherwise filled animal bladder . The first association football teams were established in the 1800s at around the same time rugby union and aussie rules teams were finding thier feet and not long before Penn state was kicking off (1870s).

To say association is the worlds game is also something of a myth it is only Europe and south America and possibly Africa (although staying alive thrpugh war famine or disaster seems almost as popular) where the game is dominant, in asia cricket, basket ball, baseball and other regional games are just as important as soccer, in australia and new zeland, pacific islands and south afirca they love thier rugby and cricket more than soccer and in the US American Football is king .

Infact in terms of participation golf and fishing top poles. In terms of fans it is actually the NFL which brings in the biggest international TV audience for the superbowl . In 2006 the numbers are scewed because of the world cup which had the largest TV audience that year, but when there is no global event there is not the international interst for any one anual contest . However TV figures are not always to be trusted as organisations often inflate thier figures to attract sponsers but there is a drive to make sure the numbers are more accurate. Other events of international events that claim to be the most watched include cricket, the olympics and formula 1.

Although the international marketing opportunities in worldwide are greater for association football (soccer) are greater it is much harder to turn a buck , there are a few mega brands (manchester united, barcelona etc) many teams run in debt. The NFL is the richest and most valuable sports leauge in the world .

that all said I cannot really understad why Dan Snyder hasn't explored taking over a european soccer team as the marketing opportunities seem quite impressive, but most of his enterprises seem to be focused on Northen America and entertainment in general (Dick Clark Productions, Jonny Rockets, Red Zebra, 6 flags) lets not forget he was second choice for taking ownership from the Cooke family, as although he was a backer of the Millstien he was a minor none controling interest, it was when only the NFLs boysclub kicked his offer out that Snyder a life long skins fan found the money to mount a bid.

Personally i have been brought up in a soccer environment being told it is the bsts thing since sliced bread and the only game worth watching or playing living as I do in a Northen english town not far away from manchester...and to summarise

..... I HATE SOCCER ... HATE IT

And Footballers need pansies like you whose knees we can plant our cleats in.

I like playing soccer, but it's pansy ass sport.

I've seen one player in the NFL take a dive and everybody saw it as poor form. In soccer, it's a strategy. I used to be a fan but this aspect of the game got to me. I can no longer respect it or the "players".

So take your cleats and shove em'.

Soccer is for Europeans. If I ever have a son and he tells me he wants to play soccer, I will beat him severely then sign him up for pop warner football the next day. :redpunch: :stick:

That said, I would strongly consider JLC's proposal if I had the money to burn.

Soccer is a sport for 3rd world countries. A ball and four trashcans, a lampost or 2 parked cars and you have a game.

Soccer is a sport for any country. True it's not as popular in the US as it is in other countries. You can play Football in the same conditions you described...

Archived