Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rush Limbaugh: Soldiers who speak out on war are "phony soldiers"

Joe Sick

During the September 26 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Rush Limbaugh called service members who advocate U.S. withdrawal from Iraq "phony soldiers." He made the comment while discussing with a caller a conversation he had with a previous caller, "Mike from Chicago," who said he "used to be military," and "believe that we should pull out of Iraq." Limbaugh told the second caller, whom he identified as "Mike, this one from Olympia, Washington," that "[t]here's a lot" that people who favor U.S. withdrawal "don't understand" and that when asked why the United States should pull out, their only answer is, " 'Well, we just gotta bring the troops home.' ... 'Save the -- keeps the troops safe' or whatever," adding, "t's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people." "Mike" from Olympia replied, "No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media." Limbaugh interjected, "The phony soldiers." The caller, who had earlier said, "I am a serving American military, in the Army," agreed, replying, "The phony soldiers."

The complete audio is available at this link, so no one can claim "taken out of context" like the Bill O'Reilly thread...

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709270010?f=h_top

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/63782/

Iraq War Vet to Limbaugh: You're the Phony

As Media Matters reported today, Rush Limbaugh, on his show said that those troops who come home and want to get America out of the middle of the religious civil war in Iraq are "phony soldiers." I'd love for you, Rush, to have me on your show and tell that to me to my face.

Where to begin?

First, in what universe is a guy who never served even close to being qualified to judge those who have worn the uniform? Rush Limbaugh has never worn a uniform in his life -- not even one at Mickey D's -- and somehow he's got the moral standing to pass judgment on the men and women who risked their lives for this nation, and his right to blather smears on the airwaves?

Is this blowhard still on Armed Forces Radio???

Who cares?

You know how you guys feel when conservatives bring up Rosie O'Donnell's comments? Well, that's how a whole lot of conservatives feel when you bring up Rush. He's a bloviating windbag.:2cents:

You are correct, sir. I wish we could put Rosie and Rush together in a big hot air balloon and send them to Oz, forever. Alas, it is only a dream.

Because there isn't a hot air balloon big enough to get off the ground carrying both of those lardasses.

I guess the problem is that millions of people do still listen to him and go on to parrot whatever he says as gospel truth.

Heck, half of them seem to post on the Tailgate :laugh:

Yeah, I work with an ultra-conservative and she listens to his entire show every single day.

Unfortunately, the left lends to his legitimacy by listening every day to hear what dumbass thing he's going to say next, and that helps his ratings.

Just caught a bit of his show while fetching lunch.

Lead off story is that it's all a lie told by the liberal media, who all hate our troops and who can't survive an actual discussion the current situation without making personal attacks, and here, listen to this tape of John Kerry from 1972.

The only reliable sources on the war in Iraq are Iraqis and those Americans fighting it. Whether they be for or against, they are telling the truth.

Anybody in charge of it is lying, anybody reporting on it is being lied to, and anybody commenting on it (like us) are busy living our easy lives.

Somebody might want to do a little more digging. The "soldier" that Limbaugh was talking about, who claims to have been a US Army Ranger and have a Purple Heart, never made it through Basic Training from what I've heard and was convicted of falsifying VA paperwork and his US Army Discharge Papers. At least that's what I had heard somewhere in the last day or so.

I'm not saying Limbaugh isn't a blowhard and a windbag, but let's at least crucify him for things that he's actually gotten WRONG. Okay?

Not to mention, they're also violating The Secret Code that says that military personnel aren't allowed to disagree with a President.

(Unless the President's name is Komrade Klinton, then it's OK.)

There is no "Secret Code" that says military personnel aren't allowed to disagree with the President.

There is a well published "Code" that says military personnel can not speak out against the President...no matter what the President's name is.

edit:

I found a reference to the "Secret Code" that you were talking about...It applies to the Women's Soccer program.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/soccer/09/28/bc.soc.wwcup.us.ryan.solo.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Rush Limbaugh is wrong on this one.

John F Kerry is not a phony soldier.

He is a phony Naval officer.

Along with Jesse Macbeth (now going to prison), Scott Beauchamp (completely discredited and discharge other than honorable).

You leftists can print out all these little stories to make yourselves feel happy.

Except that the war continues. Weren't you supposed to have ended it already? How is that whole thing going? I mean it has been more than a year that the libs took over the Congress- yet we have MORE troops in Iraq today than a year ago.

sounds like your own defeat plan has gone down in defeat.

Archived