Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rush Limbaugh: Soldiers who speak out on war are "phony soldiers"

Joe Sick

Rush Limbaugh is wrong on this one.

John F Kerry is not a phony soldier.

He is a phony Naval officer.

Along with Jesse Macbeth (now going to prison), Scott Beauchamp (completely discredited and discharge other than honorable).

You leftists can print out all these little stories to make yourselves feel happy.

Except that the war continues. Weren't you supposed to have ended it already? How is that whole thing going? I mean it has been more than a year that the libs took over the Congress- yet we have MORE troops in Iraq today than a year ago.

sounds like your own defeat plan has gone down in defeat.

The fact that the war goes on should not be considered a "victory" in my opinion

Not that I care, but just from reading over a transcript ya'll are taking what he said out of context.

Sheep who believe Rush or Media Matters..two sides of the same coin. :laugh:

You going to post a link to this fact-based information that will change everybody's mind?

(Not, as near as I can tell, that anybody's actually talking about what he said, so much as simply spouting off their own opinions about things in general.)

You leftists can print out all these little stories to make yourselves feel happy.

Except that the war continues. Weren't you supposed to have ended it already? How is that whole thing going? I mean it has been more than a year that the libs took over the Congress- yet we have MORE troops in Iraq today than a year ago.

Ahem...

Do the words, "Mission accomplished" mean anything to you?

You going to post a link to this fact-based information that will change everybody's mind?

(Not, as near as I can tell, that anybody's actually talking about what he said, so much as simply spouting off their own opinions about things in general.)

Go to his website for a transcript...read, maybe comprehend ;)

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_092607/content/01125113.guest.html

one of the "phony" soldiers

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003895483_webmacbeth21m.html

I'm a combat veteran of both Enduring and Iraqi Freedom. I was behind the president during Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan), but he lost my support and respect with the Iraq invasion/occupation.

This Limbaugh character, whoever he is can STFU until he serves in combat.

Republicans would be wise to distance themselves from characters like him and Ann Coulter who say the absolute dumbest things. And yes, their are liberal talking heads that should STFU to.

Does the fact that someone wheres a U.S. military uniform seclude them from any type of criticism. Believe it or not, I think military men and women may say ignorant things and be wrong once and awhile

I think they would say ignorant things and be wrong "once in a while". And it would probably "preclude" them but not necessarily "seclude" them. And I think someone "wears" the uniform...not "wheres" it.

This post must be a joke

Does the fact that someone wheres a U.S. military uniform seclude them from any type of criticism. Believe it or not, I think military men and women may say ignorant things and be wrong once and awhile

It doesn't really have to do with right or wrong in my opinion. These men and women chose to volunteer to protect us. They volunteered to put their lives and safety at risk so that our families could sleep better and enjoy the freedoms that we take for granted. In my book, that means that they must be treated with respect. Now, you can disagree with someone respectfully and you can argue with someone respectfully, but you can't call them or their service a phony with respect.

Does not being a part of something like the U.S. military involvement in Iraq not allow us a credible opinion on the subject matter. In other words, does non participation demote our opinion regardless whether it is right or wrong. No one here is remotely involved in redskins' games yet we have Extremeskins where opinions and comments mount and mount

It doesn't really have to do with right or wrong in my opinion. These men and women chose to volunteer to protect us. They volunteered to put their lives and safety at risk so that our families could sleep better and enjoy the freedoms that we take for granted. In my book, that means that they must be treated with respect. Now, you can disagree with someone respectfully and you can argue with someone respectfully, but you can't call them or their service a phony with respect.

As long as disagreeing with the war itself is not characterized as disrespecting them and their service, you are correct. That is not always the case: as AFC has proven so many times.

You take 18 year olds out of highschool bombard them with right wing media and right wing rhetoric... and then claim the right wing is correct and use the fact that soldiers side with the right wing as proof. This has always made me laugh.

You mean like this guy:

Rush Limbaugh is wrong on this one.

John F Kerry is not a phony soldier.

He is a phony Naval officer.

Along with Jesse Macbeth (now going to prison), Scott Beauchamp (completely discredited and discharge other than honorable).

Yeah, I can agree with that. In fact, I'll go farther to explain how this happens:

1. An election gets stolen by the most corrupt regime in U.S. History. Bush tanks economy. Bush tanks public education.

2. 9-11 attacks by "terrorists" created by the same admin who claims to fight it...yet there is no credible proof of a terrorist plot (since all the proof was routed to the media from the gov't), but rather, gobs and gobs of evidence of government coverup which equates to a government conspiracy, which, was publicly known (google PNAC). Bails out horrid Bush admin economy. Poor people with no jobs and limited education join military to fight for a 'better cause'.

3. The propaganda machine begins. Military personell, kids in school, and the ignorant public are bombarded with phrases like "Links to Al Qaeda"..."WMDs"..."Smoking gun"..."Mushroom Cloud"..."Terrorists"..."they hate our freedoms"..."harbors terrorists"..."dirty bombs"...etc.

4. Illegal Invasion of Iraq + Propaganda: War is good for the economy! Mission Accomplished! Stay the Course! Surge! The Surge is working!

5. Psychopaths like Rush Limbaugh say things like the 'phony soldier' thing.

6. Everyone with a decent sense of self-awareness goes :doh:.

I think they would say ignorant things and be wrong "once in a while". And it would probably "preclude" them but not necessarily "seclude" them. And I think someone "wears" the uniform...not "wheres" it.

This post must be a joke

Ah yes the grammatical nazis, sorry, Nazis are present. In all my rush I did mean wears. The word "seclude" stays. Way to pick apart the grammar and not respond intelagintley to the statement.

Does not being a part of something like the U.S. military involvement in Iraq not allow us a credible opinion on the subject matter. In other words, does non participation demote our opinion regardless whether it is right or wrong. No one here is remotely involved in redskins' games yet we have Extremeskins where opinions and comments mount and mount

Sometimes one sees better from a distance and sometimes one sees better up close. There are times where first-hand knowledge is a handicap to understanding what's going on and sometimes where without that real experience you just can't get it. I believe the war is a scenario where American citizens must develop a point of view. That point of view should be informed by life long principles (whether religious or philosophical) the news we get from our officials and other sources, and our understanding of the bigger picture.

None of us honestly know if we will be right thirty years down the road. It would be great if a giant light bulb went off in Iraq and suddenly a domino effect of democrasy spread throughout the middle east wiping away radicalism and terrorism. It's also possible that we are stirring such anger and resentment that it will result in a war of biblical proportions.

From a distance, I can understand certain things that a soldier can't. That soldier on the ground will understand certain things on a micro level that I don't. We need all perspectives to make a good judgement. But that's not what this is about... this is about Rush rushing to judgement and being disrespectful and stupid to men and women who knowingly put their lives at risk for us. He should be ashamed.

Sometimes one sees better from a distance and sometimes one sees better up close. There are times where first-hand knowledge is a handicap to understanding what's going on and sometimes where without that real experience you just can't get it. I believe the war is a scenario where American citizens must develop a point of view. That point of view should be informed by life long principles (whether religious or philosophical) the news we get from our officials and other sources, and our understanding of the bigger picture.

None of us honestly know if we will be right thirty years down the road. It would be great if a giant light bulb went off in Iraq and suddenly a domino effect of democrasy spread throughout the middle east wiping away radicalism and terrorism. It's also possible that we are stirring such anger and resentment that it will result in a war of biblical proportions.

From a distance, I can understand certain things that a soldier can't. That soldier on the ground will understand certain things on a micro level that I don't. We need all perspectives to make a good judgement. But that's not what this is about... this is about Rush rushing to judgement and being disrespectful and stupid to men and women who knowingly put their lives at risk for us. He should be ashamed.

Great points. I disagree about the Rush Limbaugh things at the end, but the rest was very insightful.

OK, now I've read the transcript. Rush Limbaugh, as quoted by Rush Limbaugh.

And he's being quoted accurately. And in context.

He announced that Mike1 was lieing about being in the military, based simply on the fact that Mike1 didn't support a blank-check war.

He then used Mike2 to announce that all people who claim to be military and opposed to the war are phony soldiers. And used the fact that one such phony soldier has been found to support his claim that all such people are (phony soldiers).

What he said was just as (in-)accurate as the folks who claim that all GOP politicians are pedophiles (and point to Congressman Craig.)

Archived