Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rush Limbaugh: Soldiers who speak out on war are "phony soldiers"

Joe Sick

And some who took money or promises of money to delay our entry. (cough) Kennedy (cough)

I'll give you that, but that was before the war. Not during. I have family who lived through that era, and the stories they tell, aren't of the protesting that you see today. everyone, once the war started was behind winning, regardless if you thought it wrong or not. They knew that division was defeat.

Getting back to the topic at hand....Limbaugh is a bloated, GOP gas bag and a drug addict with a radio show...

I could care more about what Rush thinks about troops that speak out against thewar but Rush is simply not worthy of that much attention.

We also have to keep in mind that Rush must keep his topics controversial in order to keep an audience. Basically Rush is playing to his base just like the GOP by playing to the politics of division.

I do find it Ironic that the republicans that were so offended by moveon.org's attack ad on General Patreus are not equally outraged with Limbaugh for going after our troops that actually served in harm's way for speaking their opinions.

I agree, let's keep it on the topic. re-read the transcripts, What rush said wasn't wrong, it was taken out of context by the liberal media. There are numerous posts from his website from the day before day of and day after detailing what he acually said and not what some liberal website chose to post.

Not exactly....

First, I don't understand what ****ing about it to co-workers and internet message boards does. I mean, yeah, it's discussion but people get WAY too carried away with it...as if whining and ****ing in these areas is going to make it go away...or it makes people feel better about themselves. "Hey, I bashed the Republicans today anonymously on a message board! I feel like steak tonight!"

Plus I think everyone's agreed if we pull out now Iraq is pretty screwed. We're gonna be there for awhile whether you like it or not.

Second, what are you doing to support the troops? Are you just saying "Best of luck, be safe" to the random ones that pop up on ES and say that they're being sent back for another tour?

Larry, it's not about supporting it if it's wrong. As I stated before, I don't like it either, I don't think it was the best move and I think we lost sight of the real target. I don't like Bush and I don't like where the GOP is at.

I just never understood the constant whining and complaining that goes on...I just think the energy, time and effort could be better spent elsewhere for something positive, is all I'm trying to say.

very well said.

Just like most left leaning people, you read and see one thing and focus on it. I never said they couldn't or didn't have tothe right to voice anything. Like you are on this board, is just fine to me. But if you were to go on the Today show or on some radio or some huge rally in DC that is what I think IMO is dishonorable.

Yes, you have (said they don't have the right). You continue to do so. Even in this post.

The only thing that's changed about your insistence is that you've increased the name calling.

So I am right, you do prefer someone who ran rather than someone who didn't.

No, he's saying that he prefers someone who ran and tried to end the war, over someone who ran and tried to keep sending everybody else. (And who people then want to respect for his "service".)

I think my time talking with you is probably coming to an end on this subject

Oh, I hope so.

However I do agree that you are entitled to your delusions as am I.

We're not saying you don't have a right to your delusions, we just object to you stating them in public.

:)

So I am right, you do prefer someone who ran rather than someone who didn't. Cool, at least your honest about it. You probably think what Jane Fonda did is peachy too? If you answer yes to any, I think my time talking with you is probably coming to an end on this subject, as one cannot reason with delusion. However I do agree that you are entitled to your delusions as am I.

If that is the flawed view you choose to take from my post then it so be it. Are you mad at Jane Fonda because someone told you to be mad or because you served and actually have an informed opinion on the subject that I can consider? I find that many republicans when pressed don't know why they stand on certain sides of the issues except that someone told them to. That could very well be true for liberals but most liberals I engage with know why they feel the way they do.

I agree that nothing positive can come from further exchanges with the terminally brainwashed.

:cheers:

I just never understood the constant whining and complaining that goes on...I just think the energy, time and effort could be better spent elsewhere for something positive, is all I'm trying to say.

A day in the tailgate without whining by both sides?

That's unpossible!

If that is the flawed view you choose to take from my post then it so be it. I agree that nothing positive can come from further exchanges with the terminally brainwashed.

I think we have come to a point where I think it's obvious we disagree. But I am glad we have the opportunity on this board, to as you put it, "share our flawed views". It certianly was a pleasure :) enjoy your week :cheers:

Yes, you have (said they don't have the right). You continue to do so. Even in this post.

The only thing that's changed about your insistence is that you've increased the name calling.

Name calling, since when is left leaning considered name calling. I was called a kool aide drinker. That doesn't count as name calling. good grief LARRY.

No, he's saying that he prefers someone who ran and tried to end the war, over someone who ran and tried to keep sending everybody else. (And who people then want to respect for his "service".)

Oh, I hope so.

We're not saying you don't have a right to your delusions, we just object to you stating them in public.

:)

It's been a pleasure disagreeing with you :) As always. I doubt anything more will be accomplished. We disagree........what a surprise. have an enjoyable week :cheers:

I never said that couldn't make them known. you mis-read again. You seem to think it is a right to protest. Free speech as you call it. That doesn't make what you have to say right. I have the right to yell fire, but that doesn't make it the right thing to do.

IMO protesting is about selfish motives and trying to change other peoples minds. I neve said they couldn't share thier views. I just said I thought it dishonors thier fellow soldiers if they do it in an open public manner for all to see like on radio, protesting or on tv.

The ex marine I was talking to last night, was hoping to finish his stint in the police academy, before he gets sent back over to Iraq, to get ready for Iran. He said it sucks over there. The Iraqis who are patting him on the back during the day, never seem to hear the morter fire at night. He also said, it's a shame that as sucsessful as we were in the invasion, it's only getting worse everyday. He can't watch the news anymore, because he is sick of finding out what we are doing, while he still has a lot of friends over there, and wishes they would stop telling everybody what we're doing.

So, when he answered my question about trying to get out of Iraq, by any means we can with "anything that would help, I would do", are you saying I should have called him a traitor and told him to shut his mouth?

If that is the flawed view you choose to take from my post then it so be it. Are you mad at Jane Fonda because someone told you to be mad or because you served and actually have an informed opinion on the subject that I can consider? I find that many republicans when pressed don't know why they stand on certain sides of the issues except that someone told them to. That could very well be true for liberals but most liberals I engage with know why they feel the way they do.

I agree that nothing positive can come from further exchanges with the terminally brainwashed.

Yeah, my father in law served in vietman and experienced it first hand. So I have been told the story of Hanoi Jane. But I would assume you would take that as me being brainwashed, but at least it's by a veteran soldier, so that my hold some water with you...:)

I agree, let's keep it on the topic. re-read the transcripts, What rush said wasn't wrong, it was taken out of context by the liberal media. There are numerous posts from his website from the day before day of and day after detailing what he acually said and not what some liberal website chose to post.

I have read the transcripts. Rush as quoted by Rush.

And he's being quoted accurately, and in context. (And he's attempting to claim he didn't say it by playing edited tapes of himself which he claims are complete.)

(In Rush's defense, he didn't invent the claim that all soldiers who oppose the war are phony, he simply agreed with the caller who said so, and provided him with the term, and then produced information to support that claim.)

No, they weren't talking about one guy. They were talking about military people who opposed the war. They claimed that the Democrats only talk to phony soldiers. They claimed that all "real soldiers" support the war.

And then, a minute or two later, Rush produced a story about one phony soldier, to support his case that they (the ones opposed to the war) all are.

The ex marine I was talking to last night, was hoping to finish his stint in the police academy, before he gets sent back over to Iraq, to get ready for Iran. He said it sucks over there. The Iraqis who are patting him on the back during the day, never seem to hear the morter fire at night. He also said, it's a shame that as sucsessful as we were in the invasion, it's only getting worse everyday. He can't watch the news anymore, because he is sick of finding out what we are doing, while he still has a lot of friends over there, and wishes they would stop telling everybody what we're doing.

So, when he answered my question about trying to get out of Iraq, by any means we can with "anything that would help, I would do", are you saying I should have called him a traitor and told him to shut his mouth?

Oh my good lord, no one reads. No I am not. to answer your question. I said speaking out in avenues such as rallies, on tv or radio. That is the type of speaking out I am against. What your friend did with you I find perfectly ok, that is just my opinion though. :)

I have read the transcripts. Rush as quoted by Rush.

And he's being quoted accurately, and in context. (And he's attempting to claim he didn't say it by playing edited tapes of himself which he claims are complete.)

(In Rush's defense, he didn't invent the claim that all soldiers who oppose the war are phony, he simply agreed with the caller who said so, and provided him with the term, and then produced information to support that claim.)

No, they weren't talking about one guy. They were talking about military people who opposed the war. They claimed that the Democrats only talk to phony soldiers. They claimed that all "real soldiers" support the war.

And then, a minute or two later, Rush produced a story about one phony soldier, to support his case that they (the ones opposed to the war) all are.

:laugh:

Oh my good lord, no one reads. No I am not. to answer your question. I said speaking out in avenues such as rallies, on tv or radio. That is the type of speaking out I am against. What your friend did with you I find perfectly ok, that is just my opinion though. :)
So, if he feels that if his beliefs are heard on a larger platform, would help save the lives of his friends, who are still in the line of fire in a losing situation, that's only getting worse, then it becomes "treason"?

Archived