Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one who thinks Halo 3 is overrated?

heyholetsgogrant

Does your wife weigh more than you?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Does your wife weigh more than you?

• Yes
    • No
    • About the same
    • I don't know

i thought 1 was the best, 2 was a close second, and i was actually pretty dissapointed in 3. for all the hype it really isnt that great. Ive encountered a few major bugs in the campaign gameplay and the story is confusing and not as interesting or plausible as the first 2 and doesnt offer any explanation or reason for events. all in all I'd give the game a 7/10, not the 9.5/10 that IGN gave it:2cents:

It's kind of bound to happen when you're talking about the second sequel of a first person shooter. Inevitably, you reach a point where game designers get caught in a position where making dynamic, sweeping changes to the game just isn't possible. The perception that you have to stay true to the original for a sequel to be successful somewhat hinders development.

Sorry, I cant agree with you guys on this one. The Matchmaking screen is much more user friendly, and it is a more fluid transition to get into games, when compared with Halo 2. Most the maps (at least all the good ones) from the previous games have been redone, and beautifully i might add, and with little tweaks some of the origanal maps are better now, Bood Gultch being one of them.

Also, the "forge" option is a great tool. You can switch around the map and things in it to get a unique situation and experience in your game play. I like some of the new weapons, and mixing weapon combo's. I like that you can unlock different armor for the Spartan and the campaign has the skulls you can claim and unlock achievements, which ups the replay value of the game.

The game is called Halo, i would hope the game play is like the others or else it wouldnt be Halo. The game started with the centerpiece being the storyline (Halo 1) There was no xbox live at that time. There was however a system link option that enabled lots of big team batles on the first Halo. When Xbox Live came out, it not only shaped the way Halo would be looked at and played, but almost all other games now. You dont find too many games besides the Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy brand of video games that DOESNT cater to the online community, and even FF has turned into a MMORPG.

So when Halo 2, a first person shooter, and Microsoft's flagship title came out, of course it was going to have to be worked and evolved into a multi player online game. It wasnt a hard transition seeing that the option for system link was already available. The game is quality, especially for the third time the game has been reworked and spit out for the public. Its Halo, and it plays like Halo on steroids. I have a 54''HDTV that plays in 1080I and 720P (not the best these days, but its a few years old) and it is stunning visually. If you dont have a large screen or an HDTV at all, you cant appreciate what the developers did to the environment.

Also, I forgot one of my favorate options. You can choose whether or not you want to hear the other team in battle, and you can mute with incredable ease now. So when all the little immature kiddies start screaming into the mic "Chocolate Rain!" you can just put them on mute real fast, and they dont bother you anymore.

Ok, so there arent a bunch of new charactors, and only a few new vehicles, but its still the best version of Halo ever made, and if you truely are a Halo fan, I dont see how you could not like it? I guess the real question is what were you expecting?

It's kind of bound to happen when you're talking about the second sequel of a first person shooter. Inevitably, you reach a point where game designers get caught in a position where making dynamic, sweeping changes to the game just isn't possible. The perception that you have to stay true to the original for a sequel to be successful somewhat hinders development.

I understand your point EA but I really expected more detail from the character models and background design. The only part of the game that impressed me in that department was the towards the very end of the game. Other than that, it felt and appeared as if I was playing an upconverted Halo 2. What Bungie did with the matchmaking system, Forge gametypes, and what was done with the video/filesharing was impressive, but this game was not worth of the 9.5s and higher. If you take out Master Cheif, put this game on another system and call it Killzone 2, it would get a 7.0 depending on how the reviewer felt that day.

I'd be more upset if they changed the feel and look of the game completely. Halo is SUPPOSED to look the way it does.

To each his own though, I am having more fun playing this game then I did playing halo 2.

Multiplayer is amazing, but my internet keeps turning off mid-game and I keep losing EXP points :mad:.

Just like how Star Wars 1-3 pisses me off because it is more high-tech than 4-6, but it is set years and years ahead of 4-6.

I thought Halo was overrated in general. It was good but I didn't see in it what obviously everyone else saw in it.

I thought Halflife was much more of an inovative game than Halo. I think what makes Halo so good isn't the game play, but the online community game play. the game itself is average and forgetable after the first play.

My personal favorites were the Prince of Persia series and an oldie from gamecube, Eternal Darkness!! That game had an awesome story that kept you playing and interested. IMO

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again. A PS3 game would get crucified for having aliasing and draw distances as bad as Halo3. The funny thing is most every review glosses over it. Every once in awhile you'll see someone mention it but insist on scoring it a 9.5 or higher. M$ hype machine at it's best.

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again. A PS3 game would get crucified for having aliasing and draw distances as bad as Halo3. The funny thing is most every review glosses over it. Every once in awhile you'll see someone mention it but insist on scoring it a 9.5 or higher. M$ hype machine at it's best.

*ahem* Heavenly Sword *ahem*

(Disclaimer: I don't work for Sony Consumer Electronics of America and I'm not a viral marketer. I just have a hard time trying to figure out how that great game got such a low score.)

i agree.. i think its overrated. it shouldn't have gotten as high a score as IGN gave it... i mean if you take the graphics into account, it would be like a 8.8 overall...

the graphics wasn't impressive.. so its funny how the game almost got a perfect score by having almost the identical graphics as Halo 2.. Microsoft has the money to pay for a few hundredths of rating points...

as far as the multi player goes... nothing special for the game play.. not a variety of vehicles or aircrafts..

Am I the only one that thinks Halo 3 is overrated?

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here........

.....but I've always thought *all* Halo games were overrated. Multi-player is fun with your friends, but I could never get into the campaigns.

Just never got it, I guess.

There I said it, I feel better.

I'm just starting to get into it -- didn't play much of Halo 2. So far, Halo 3 is pretty cool.

What's really great is Call of Duty 4. At least the Beta is.

Ive read that Call of Duty Four is going to be considered one of the years best games. I like Halo multi player better then the campaign. I do like playing co-op campaign on legendary though, and collecting the skulls and getting points for your play in each level is cool too.

Archived