Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only one who thinks Halo 3 is overrated?

heyholetsgogrant

Does your wife weigh more than you?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Does your wife weigh more than you?

• Yes
    • No
    • About the same
    • I don't know

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here........

.....but I've always thought *all* Halo games were overrated. Multi-player is fun with your friends, but I could never get into the campaigns.

Just never got it, I guess.

There I said it, I feel better.

Ding ding ding. Halo's storyline has been awful. As far as the MP goes I've always considered Halo as UT/HL/CS lite. UT3 (PS3) and Crysis (PC) are what I'm really looking forward to.

So far I love Halo3. I am only half way through the campaign, but good story line so far. The Online play is great. They took Halo 2 and tweaked it with new maps, new toys, and better graphics.

I know it was hyped up, and with that much hype people are bound to be disappointed. Has far as being called Halo 2.5, I am not sure what people expect? The game is what it is... Halo. You change it too much and and it becomes a different game. IMO what makes Halo such a good game, it is a very good campaign that you can play and beat, then play the multiplay which lasts you month, if not years.

If you take out Master Cheif, put this game on another system and call it Killzone 2, it would get a 7.0 depending on how the reviewer felt that day.

^^Absolutely true. I'm sure M$ sending a $800 gift package to reviewers didn't hurt anything.

M$ and the Halo franchise cater to the true hardcore gamer. Halo3 should look amazing, but it really looks a lot like Halo2. Bungie spent their effort on a map editor, video editor, online lobbies, perfecting maps for balance, and matchmaking. These are things that only hardcore gamers care about.

They didn't change jack about the actual gameplay or the visuals. It really is Halo 2.5. The game is designed for 14-18 year old boys living with their parents and having a ton of free time. Game Fuel anybody?

I didn't like how the single player campaign was short, they kinda tied up all the loose ends too quickly, and I still can't make up my mind what exactly happened at the end and why.

I think this is where Warhawk succeeds and Halo fails. Rather than having a short/weak single player campaign along with great multiplayer they stripped the single player entirely. Don't half ass the campaign portion of the game just to cater to the multiplayer fanbois.

So far I love Halo3. I am only half way through the campaign, but good story line so far. The Online play is great. They took Halo 2 and tweaked it with new maps, new toys, and better graphics.

I know it was hyped up, and with that much hype people are bound to be disappointed. Has far as being called Halo 2.5, I am not sure what people expect? The game is what it is... Halo. You change it too much and and it becomes a different game. IMO what makes Halo such a good game, it is a very good campaign that you can play and beat, then play the multiplay which lasts you month, if not years.

I agree, peoples expectations are a little high, and i believe some of the people with negative reviews just dont like Microsoft or Halo to begin with so they are naturally not going to like it. It is easily the best version of Halo ever made. Noone has answered my origanal question though.... these people that say it is like the last one, or didnt live up to hype.... what were you guys expecting? Serious question. What does Halo 3 not do that you expected it to do, coming from a series of Halo games. Maybe you just wanted a different first person shooter all together.

I used to play it in college with some friends. Never understood the hype. It was fun but I had more fun playing some boxing game, NFL 2k2 and Tiger woods golf. So yes, I think the game is hugely overrated, but whatever. If people want to play shoot the alien with 500k sniveling brats online, Iet it be.

I agree, peoples expectations are a little high, and i believe some of the people with negative reviews just dont like Microsoft or Halo to begin with so they are naturally not going to like it. It is easily the best version of Halo ever made. Noone has answered my origanal question though.... these people that say it is like the last one, or didnt live up to hype.... what were you guys expecting? Serious question. What does Halo 3 not do that you expected it to do, coming from a series of Halo games. Maybe you just wanted a different first person shooter all together.

How about even average AI from your fellow marines? Or stages (end game) that actually feel like they are part of the story?

I bought Halo the day it came out and I finally got the chance to play it last night (I was beta testing Crysis and Tabula Rasa) I enjoyed it, I thought the graphics were much better and the storyline is ok, still not quite getting everything but I guess I should go back and play Halo and Halo 2 to figure it out. Halo is the reason I got the original Xbox in the first place. But anyways I am enjoying it so far.

The ONLY thing I don't like is that you just feel too close. Its kind of hard to explain but I was expecting a wider view. Perhaps I am just used to Crysis.

I do feel that Gears of War is a much better game, perhaps it is becasue it is unique. But then again I like the much darker enviroment that GoW is in.

Halo 3 gets a 9.0 from me though, I enjoy it.

The only games I am looking forward to now are Crysis, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, and Conan.

When I read through this, you're eloquently calling some of the people that have negative comments fanboys that don't like halo. I can say that i don't have hate towards Halo or MS. I stated in my post that I was expecting a little more from the game grapically. They have they really nice lighting effects, great steel textures and nice effects with the water but that's about it. I was hoping that Halo 3 would push the limits of the 360 and it falls way short of what was done in Gears of War and Bioshock.

With that said, I am enjoying the changes that were made to the multiplayer and look forward to a weekend of some mp with a few college buds.

Just curious, What did people like about GOW so much? The graphics were better. But I perfer the story/ campaign of Halo. And the games were different reguarding one was 1st person the other 3rd, so that is personal preference. As for online I just like the play of Halo online, I never got the online that much with GOW, again that is personal preference.

Just curious, What did people like about GOW so much? The graphics were better. But I perfer the story/ campaign of Halo. And the games were different reguarding one was 1st person the other 3rd, so that is personal preference. As for online I just like the play of Halo online, I never got the online that much with GOW, again that is personal preference.

I think it is because GoW is targeted at an older crowd. All the cursing and stuff that is in it. Perhaps because it is dark and gritty. I LOVE the Cover system. The story was pretty good also. Only thing is it was too short and you couldnt' fight the Brutix.

Graphics, gameplay, story, third person to name a few. GoW and R:FoM are both better than any of the Halo games in terms of gameplay and story.

Ive read that Call of Duty Four is going to be considered one of the years best games. I like Halo multi player better then the campaign. I do like playing co-op campaign on legendary though, and collecting the skulls and getting points for your play in each level is cool too.

I played cod4 beta the past 2 weeks.

It didn't impress me like the videos I saw for it.

But then again you were limited to only a few maps and only a few weapons.

The game felt just like CoD3 in modern times.

I had originally planned to switch to CoD3 and I still may when the time comes, but I'm leaning towards sticking with H3.

Graphics, gameplay, story, third person to name a few. GoW and R:FoM are both better than any of the Halo games in terms of gameplay and story.

I said graphics.... As for Story, I much perfer Halo's story (starting in Halo 1 until now) better than GOWs story. Third person is part of gameplay, which is personal preference. I didn't think I'd like GOW at all when i 1st played since it used 3rd person perspective, but i learned to like it, but I still perfer The look and feel of Halo's control. I loved the ducking behind walls and peaking around corners of GOW, but hated you couldn't simply jump, but that is all part of the game, personal preference.

I said graphics.... As for Story, I much perfer Halo's story (starting in Halo 1 until now) better than GOWs story. Third person is part of gameplay, which is personal preference. I didn't think I'd like GOW at all when i 1st played since it used 3rd person perspective, but i learned to like it, but I still perfer The look and feel of Halo's control. I loved the ducking behind walls and peaking around corners of GOW, but hated you couldn't simply jump, but that is all part of the game, personal preference.

I also don't like how it can be finished in one sitting.

I also don't like how it can be finished in one sitting.

I finished GOW in one sitting. The campaing tells a good story, it may be finished in one sitting if you sit all day. But the multiplay makes the game last months, if not years. One thing that makes Halo so great is IMO the campaign is great, and the multiplay is great. So many games either has a great campaign and lacking online or vice versa. Bioshock got incredible reviews, but with no on line play to me it seemed the game whould have a short life span.

Rainbow Six Vegas is still my favorite game on the 360. The duck and cover aspect of it is awesome.

Cha Ching! that game is CRAZY! Getting back to the Halo 3 thing. Look they hyped the game for years, was expecting to buy a game that was slightly more innovate then Halo version 2.1. BTW I like GOW better, because its slightly more mature and the story/acting were great.

-Grant

It's one of the highest rated games ever, by all the main critics.

The game hasn't even been out for 5 days and already had a console record number of 700,000+ people playing online.

That shatters anything PS2 or 3 has done online by a 10 to 1 ratio. And those systems are free online.

Not only that, but there is rarely any lag.......that's something soccom series was notorious for.

GoW is a great game, but it's short on several things.

1. 4 vs 4 compared to 8 vs 8

2. Better map design. YOu have giant maps, small maps and everthing in between.

3. H3 has way more gadgets to use.

4. GoW doesn't have vehicles, and Halo's vehicles are fun to drive and do stunts with.

As well as loading up the posse and heading out to frag some noobs.

5. DVR type controls. In Halo3, your last 25 matches are recorded, and you can pick which one's to save. And then you can edit them and throw them online.

6. H3 has a map editor

7. H3 has some of the best music ever made for a game, this really helps with the enjoyment of the game. The music is so dramatic.

Archived