Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportscenter NFC East Preview

Sticksboi05

Eagles win 6 games, then McNabb gets hurt...and they win 2 more all year. Eagles: 8-8

I think we'll win 9 to 11 games this year. Our defense has just shown so much improvement that I can't help but be optimistic. Considering how many games we lost by a few points last year, the defense alone should help us win 4-5 more games. We lost 4 games last year by 3 points or less.

haven't seen dallas' schedule, but don't see them winning 10-11.... aging wr corp, no poise Romo sits to pee, and weak OL, and mediocre running tandem. aging secondary with release of Glenn and what's his name Newman is supposed to have plantar fascitis, yeah let's see you keep up with Moss or Randel EL, NOT

HAIL

13-3 was TSN's football preview prediction. What a joke!! It's like they all think Dallas is sooo far ahead of everyone else just because Romo sits to pee is at Qb..

Sportscenter just aired a preview for the NFC East.

Salisbury and Michael Clayton picked both picked us to get more wins (8) than last year. Salisbury said this was because our defense was improved and we'll have a more explosive offense. Clayton said it was mainly because of Area 51 :D . They both picked the Giants to finish last place and the Cowboys to finish 2nd behind the Eagles.

(Sorry if this has already been posted (I searched), or if this is the wrong section)

Sorry to nitpick but it was Eric Allen and not Michael Clayton.

I saw this too... I was thinking they might say under and I would explode... I will take the 8 win prediction especially from ESPN.... I think it will be more however... if we can get a few breaks I think we can put together 11-12 wins maybe...

You know, the more I think about it, I'd be perfectly happy with 8 wins. Especially if those 8 come from a solid defensive performance.

I think eventually JC has a good chance of being a very good QB, but he's just getting started here. There will be setbacks, especially as the smarter defensive coordinators figure out how to best game plan against him. He hasn't seen anything yet in terms of defenses tailored to beat him.

And as much as I like CP, he took a lot of time off. He didn't practice, which is as significant as the preseason games themselves. And so I hope he'll have a great year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 2 games or more before he has everything down especially in the pass blocking department.

So I think we're in for a somewhat up and down season. But 8 wins will mean we are on the right track, and if we keep things stable next off season, then I'll be pretty excited about our prospects in the '08 season. Then I think we'll be talking legitimate playoff contender if JC develops the way we think he can.

My only hope for this year is that one of those 8 wins is in week 17. :dallasuck

Salisbury is constantly changing his "analysis." Wasn't it like 2 weeks ago he said we would finish last in the division? Now we are going to win 8 games? Make up your mind Sean.

So he changed his prediction based on what he saw over those two weeks.

Isn't that what he's supposed to do? Be objective rather than obstinate?

Damned if he do, damned if he don't!

~Bang

So he changed his prediction based on what he saw over those two weeks.

Isn't that what he's supposed to do? Be objective rather than obstinate?

Damned if he do, damned if he don't!

~Bang

I agree with you here Bang. We have looked good and now people like us a little more. Makes sense.

Archived