Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kenard Lang Waived

Ji

For a vet minimum, sure give him a look. I really didn't realize he was still in the league, so I have no idea whom it was he played for last year, but if it was a team with a solid D-line it may have skewed his numbers a little because the studs needed double teaming and baby Shaq was free to shoot the gaps.

Not that I am advocating going after Lang, but he is known for his quickness and speed. Definitely not his bulk. :D

we could use him in certain situations. I hate having to rely on a blitz to get sacks.

What does it say about him if Denver is cutting him? We can't signe every player other teams cut. We have a solid group of linemen. And anyone who has watched Gregg Williams Defenses in the past know that he doesn't ask for DEnds to have double digit sack totals. Pressure while controlling the edge is what he asks for.

He had 6 sacks last year as DE...any chance we might bring back our old friend. Our pass rush looks worse this year than last year!

Have you been watching the pre-season games this year? We've looked a hell of alot better than last year with getting pressure. The run defense has improved big time and Carter has been a beast. Did you see how fast he got to Mcnair on that one play.

Now granted our d-line may not be anywhere near the best in this league, but remeber, this is a team sport and our secondary will cover guys long enough for them to get the job done, IMO.

Pass.

I think the D, unlike last year, is the LEAST of our worries! If we need help, it's the O-line. However, I think we just improved as of last Thursday or Friday. My only concern is if Jon Jansen can return to his abilities of 2005 and earlier. The jury's still out...

I would immediately be willing to dump Renaldo "I Have No Sacks" Wynn and sign Lang on the cheap. Both an upgrade and opens up even more cap room to get a deal with Cooley done. The loss of leadership, you ask? It seems that every other Skin is a leader in the locker room. The loss of Wynn's runstuffing ability? Evans can take that role.

I would immediately be willing to dump Renaldo "I Have No Sacks" Wynn and sign Lang on the cheap. Both an upgrade and opens up even more cap room to get a deal with Cooley done. The loss of leadership, you ask? It seems that every other Skin is a leader in the locker room. The loss of Wynn's runstuffing ability? Evans can take that role.
You are assuming that Lang comes cheap. Also, D Evans has shown that he is better at rushing the QB than he is at stuffing the run.

He had 6 sacks last year as DE...any chance we might bring back our old friend. Our pass rush looks worse this year than last year!

Let me just be frank when I say, "NOTHING IS WORSE THAN OUR PASS RUSH LAST YEAR!!!" Remember those words my man... :2cents:

Archived