Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This is why soccer players are viewed as...

Spaceman Spiff

David Beckham is a lot things, but to suggest that he is soft is rather ignorant. The man in two days played against Germany in England ( for 90 min) and on the next day played in LA for 90 min.

Yeah. That's not easy to do. And besides, what's worse, not playing because you just played an entire game halfway around the world and have 6 hours to rest before playing another full game, or whining and not playing with your team because you only get $30 million instead of $32 million.

You got greedy with the second "great."
I would trade both "greats" straight up for one "mildly entertaining."
I would trade "Mildly entertaining" and "sport" to have the sentance read "soccer is better than watching tennis"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...****es. And rightfully so.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=456562&cc=5901

Way to go, Beckham. You're a tough guy! :thumbsup:

You're just upset because you will be wearing a David Beckham Sig in about 3 more months.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Not only is the attendence for the Galaxy up more than we bet, the whole leaugues attendence is up about 20%, and that is ass in the seats attendence. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why do people who hate soccer feel it so necessary to inform everyone around them of their feelings. It is like they can't control themselves. I don't really like Tennis but I don't walk around going, "You know what sucks, Tennis. Hahahahha, did you hear me? Dude, I just said Tennis sucks, I am hilarious." I just don't really think about it or care about it that much.

It seems the people who don't like soccer are more obsessed with it in America than the people who actually like it.

Why do people who hate NASCAR feel it so necessary to inform everyone around them of their feelings. It is like they can't control themselves. I don't really like Tennis but I don't walk around going, "You know what sucks, Tennis. Hahahahha, did you hear me? Dude, I just said Tennis sucks, I am hilarious." I just don't really think about it or care about it that much.

It seems the people who don't like NASCAR are more obsessed with it in America than the people who actually like it.

Fixed that for ya. :cheers:

(**** you, in advance, Peeb.) ;)

Why do people who hate soccer feel it so necessary to inform everyone around them of their feelings. It is like they can't control themselves. I don't really like Tennis but I don't walk around going, "You know what sucks, Tennis. Hahahahha, did you hear me? Dude, I just said Tennis sucks, I am hilarious." I just don't really think about it or care about it that much.

It seems the people who don't like soccer are more obsessed with it in America than the people who actually like it.

You're way off. Those of us that hate soccer, ***** about it so much for a good reason. We're tired of ESPN and the rest of the media trying to shove it down our throat and convince us it's wonderful. There's a reason it's never been and never will be popular here.....it has nothing on the sports 99.9% of the country watches. It's boring, it can end in a 0-0 ties, and it takes too damn long.

Outside of goalies, how the hell can you even tell when someone is good? Seriously?

They say it's the fastest growing sport. That's a stupid statement, because it is the most recent, and the only growing, therefor it has nothing to be compared to.

It's popularity is way low because the U.S. as a whole hates it, just like hockey. When a sport desperately tries for decades to catch on, and the only result is that there is still no interest, and nearly every league ever formed folds, it's because it isn't liked overall.

Soccer fans try too hard to force it's worldwide popularity on everyone, and convince us all that it's wonderful.

Bottom line is, you either hate it or love it. No player, team, advertisement, etc. will ever change that. Just because David Beckham is here, so ****ing what, it won't make a non-fan watch, nothing will.

I think it sucks, you love it. Unfortunately for you, I have over 90% of the general population of the country agreeing with me.

You ***** that we say it sucks, but you spend more time hyping it up and ****ing about us hating it than we do ****ing about how lame it is.

Soccer is for ****es who can't play real sports. It's a yuppie sport. A sport where serious injury rates are low, and no yuppie kid can be made to feel like he sucks, because nobody can tell if he's good anyway. Yuppies latched on to it for this exact reason, they want their little ***** boys named Brock and Winthrope to feel like they're good at something. :2cents:

David Beckham is a lot things, but to suggest that he is soft is rather ignorant. The man in two days played against Germany in England ( for 90 min) and on the next day played in LA for 90 min.

I seriously doubt he will ever or has ever played a full 90 minutes for an MLS club.

Soccer is for ****es who can't play real sports.

This is laughable. The varsity football coach in my high school tried to recruit me from my sophomore season on. The wrestling coached tried to get me to wrestle also. I was a boxer and tried my hand at Ultimate Fighting about 6 years ago.

I played soccer for most of my childhood. I have been a referee for 5 years and have played in men's leagues over the past year and a half. I love soccer and will support it always.

If you don't like soccer that is fine, but to say soccer is for ****es on a MB where you don't have to back it up is cowardly!

Archived