Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vick indicted on felony charges (superdupermegamerge)

turbodiesel#44

Sad? What's said is that you let you lame Hokie homerism actually stand up and defend this jerk.

Do you know he's a jerk, or are you letting the media formulate your opinion?

I don't care if he hasn't been proven guilty in this case yet. It sounds like the case against him is pretty damaging.

You mean, like the Duke rape case? Yeah, that seemed pretty "damaging" too. Forget the trial!!!! Let the public crucify Vick the way they were willing to do to the Duke Lax players!!!! Screw the justice system!! Screw "innocent until proven guilty"!!!!

Besides that, we already knew that he was an ***hole anyway, just like that hole family.

:doh:

Listening to the way Chris Mortenson was talking about it on ESPN NEWS, the NFL may wait in regards to Vick.

That is b/c (according to Mort), Goodell's new policy is geared towards REPEAT offenders. Players like "Pacman" Jones and Tank Johnson were suspended b/c they were routinely getting into trouble or were involved in things that made themselves, and subsequently, the league look bad.

Vick is in a WORLD of trouble with this federal indictment, but he is not known for constantly getting in trouble with the law.

So the NFL may give this more time. I'm not saying I agree with that, but that is the interpretation I got.

Here's how I see it. If convicted his life is basically over. There is no need for the NFL to take preemptive action is this matter. Let the Gov do their thing.

my biggest fear is that players on the Redskins may have gone to these fights. I mean come on... you know lots of players knew about this.

With the way Clinton Portis spoke on the radio when the allegations came out, you'd think HE was micheal vick.

Double-birding his own fans pretty much sealed that deal.

You mean, like the Duke rape case? Yeah, that seemed pretty "damaging" too. Forget the trial!!!! Let the public crucify Vick the way they were willing to do to the Duke Lax players!!!! Screw the justice system!! Screw "innocent until proven guilty"!!!!

The Feds don't mess around unless they have the goods. Lots of goods.

Really, the evidence in the Duke rape case was damaging? DNA (which is the gold standard in those types of cases) that doesn't link any of those lacrosse players to assualting that less than credible stripper. A DA with an obvious agenda. Maybe you should read a couple of posts up.

Wow, a lot of haters in this thread........a without a guilty verdict either. Tsk Tsk. Talk about throwing the first stone.

If any of you think Vick is going down for this, you're outside your mind. You may WISH he goes down for this, which is sad actually, but you're only kidding yourself.

The Feds have a 95% conviction rate on charges they bring. I can not believe they would have gone this far without a solid case given both Vicks celeb status and the racial angle which is there whatever we may wish.

I think, based only on what I have read admitedly, that Vick is going to have serious problems getting a not guilty on this.

The question of whether he will do time is another question - I can quite easily see a situation where there is a plea bargain and he pleads guilty to cruelty charges but not conspiracy and gets a big fine, a record and some kind of probabtion. Problem for Vick is a guilty plea also probably gets him at least a 1 year suspension from the NFL. He will also lose a ton of endorsment deals.

Whatever way you cut this at best he is going to loose millions of dollars (even if he is found innocent) at worst he will lose millions of dollars, spend some time in jail and probably be finished as an NFL player.

Frankly if he was involved in what is alleged he deserves all the above.

We aren't talking about 'sin' here. We are talking about federal charges.

I think you're missing my point.

If Vick is guilty of these crimes, then the folks on this board aren't "haters".

"If"??? The way people are talking in this thread, "if" isn't a possibility. He's guilty!!! He belongs in jail!!!!

You sound like someone who will blindly defend Vick no matter what he does, says, or is charged with.

Damn right, especially considering his guilt has not been proven.

If you think Vick is going to get through this unscathed, you are thinking outside of YOUR mind (whatever the hell that means :) ). You may WISH Vick will get away with this and it will all blow over, which is sad, actually, but you are only kidding yourself.

Sorry, I didn't realize the power of your comprehension was lacking. If you think Vick is going to jail for this, you are out of your mind. Better?

You mean, like the Duke rape case? Yeah, that seemed pretty "damaging" too. :doh:

Actually, there were plenty of questionable details about the Duke case from the get-go. In contrast, despite public outcries, the prosecution in this case seems to have gone quite methodically, covering all bases. I don't think the two cases are analogous at all.

If Vick is convicted, I'd like to see him get at least a year in jail. The conditions in this case are truly monstrous, just downright repulsive. If he is guilty and walks away with merely a slap on the wrist, it will be a terrible precedent and a disturbing message for those who engage in such sadistic cruelty.

Well he may deserve jail time, but your statement says something about yourself. Whats the point in celebrating the downfall of a human being. To me, your the piece of garbage.

The point? The point is if/when he is found guilty he deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Too many people get off for things with nothing but a slap on the wrist. If you can't understand that as the context of my post, sorry.

Well he may deserve jail time, but your statement says something about yourself. Whats the point in celebrating the downfall of a human being. To me, your the piece of garbage.

The indictment indicates it is more than just cruel abuse of these animals by fighting them and accusing him of facilitating the whole Bad Newx kennels.

It indicates he derives some sort of sick pleasure by torturing them to death. What defense do you have for that?

No, he's absolutely in the right. You're in the wrong. Celebrating the downfall of an individual who, if guilty, was responsible for inhumane, disgusting, and immoral acts, is a good thing. Defending such an individual, as you seem to be doing, is a sad, sad, sad display on your part.

Isn't it funny that Chris Mortensen and Len Pasquarelli reported on ESPN fairly recently that Vick was "unlikely to be indicted in the dogfighting federal investigation, according to information gathered by the NFL and Atlanta Falcons, sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen."

Or how about Len Pasquarelli, who was told by a "source close to the investigation" that Vick was not a focus?

I'm definitely looking into it.

No, he's absolutely in the right. You're in the wrong. Celebrating the downfall of an individual who, if guilty, was responsible for inhumane, disgusting, and immoral acts, is a good thing. Defending such an individual, as you seem to be doing, is a sad, sad, sad display on your part.

thank you Todd :applause:

Multiple witnesses, carcasses found, cages found, kennel owned, website run, physical evidence related to the crime commited (i.e. reciepts/credit card statments).....etc....all of this tracked and traced over about a 5 year period!??!?!?

By the way a lot of this on HIS property?!

It doesnt look good for Vick, its easy to say that. Even if the FEDS have it ALL wrong and Vick ONLY owned the property....we are kidding ourselves if we say Vick had no knowledge of his house being used like this and the goings-ons for 5 years....that right there is fair enough reason to not like the man.

If someone i knew owned a house and for 5 years this activity went on and he allowed it and remained mum on the situation i would feel the same way. Sheer disgust.

Vick is screwed any way you look at it. Unless he is proven 100 innocent of everything in the indictment, his reputation is forever ruined. I doubt this goes to trial -- too much risk for Vick there. He'll plead guility to a lesser crime.

Falcons fans aren't even defending him -- they want him gone because he's going to be a huge distraction as long as he's playing there. Training camp is going to be a nightmare -- the media and PETA will be camped out there 24/7.

Who do you think is more furious right now? Arthur Blank or Roger Goodell? Vick lied to both of their faces, but it has to be Blank -- he has a fortune tied up in Vick and traded away his backup qb.

Isn't it funny that Chris Mortensen and Len Pasquarelli reported on ESPN fairly recently that Vick was "unlikely to be indicted in the dogfighting federal investigation, according to information gathered by the NFL and Atlanta Falcons, sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen."

Or how about Len Pasquarelli, who was told by a "source close to the investigation" that Vick was not a focus?

I'm definitely looking into it.

Lenny P is a stooge for Vick's agent. It's well known and it's pathetic that ESPN keeps letting him report on this case. His article yesterday was hilarious. Vick is "devastated" Lenny wrote. Oh, so we're supposed to feel bad for him now?

I think you're missing my point.

No, I get it. It was ridiculous but I got it.

"If"??? The way people are talking in this thread, "if" isn't a possibility. He's guilty!!! He belongs in jail!!!!

You need to go over to the smoking gun and read the indictment. It is pretty damned detailed.

The Feds don't go this far unless they are sure. This isn't like the Duke case where a stripper (who had a history of making gang rape charges) pointed out several men and they were put through the wringer despite the DNA showing them to be innocent.

This isn't a state or local charge, but a federal one.

Damn right, especially considering his guilt has not been proven.

Please. :rolleyes: It has nothing to do with due process. You'll be here defending the guy even if he is convicted on 50 charges.

Sorry, I didn't realize the power of your comprehension was lacking. If you think Vick is going to jail for this, you are out of your mind. Better?

You didn't say "jail". You said "going down".

People (especially public figures) can "go down" for things in other ways besides jail.

It is not my lack of comprehending... it is your lack of explaining yourself better, "genius".

The point? The point is if/when he is found guilty he deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Too many people get off for things with nothing but a slap on the wrist. If you can't understand that as the context of my post, sorry.

Too many athletes especially get off with a slap on the wrist. This is a heinous, deplorable crime and I hope the legal system isn't clouded by Vick's celebrity if he is found guilty. The crimes described are a completely unnecessary form of entertainment, especially for a "man" with the amount of money he has.

Go swing on Vick's ball hairs than. No living, breathing creature should go through what some of those dogs did regardless of their reputation and nature. It's worth celebrating (if indeed guilty) because it's one less peice of **** in our society.

Mods. Please move this back to tailgate because it is more news related than football related and will make for some heated debate.

Wow, how righteous of you?

:rolleyes:

"If guilty", right Todd? Why don't people wait and see before they go "celebrating" Vick's inevitable downfall.

watching my redbone coonhound and pit bull wrestle with each other on the couch while Im typing this it occurs to me how sick this whole thing really is. I think its important to remember that is four people who are in trouble and not just one. The only difference is if three can find a way to weasle their way out of these charges, one will never escape the court of public opinion

Archived