Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vick indicted on felony charges (superdupermegamerge)

turbodiesel#44

let him kill dogs???? So dogs should have no right to live and not be bred to fight or kill??

It was a joke, babe. :laugh:

I have to say in all seriousness - thank you little 6 lb. 8 oz. baby Jesus for getting him what he deserves. Sounded like he was going to get off scott free. :) A federal indictment has to come with at least an 8 game suspension, I would think.

let him kill dogs???? So dogs should have no right to live and not be bred to fight or kill??

No, I just meant that he hasn't been CHARGED with anything yet... I mean he's only been indicted by a grand jury... I mean don't villify the man until you've got the "beyond a shadow of a doubt"....

I actually had a lengthy conversation with a dog, and here's what I learned...

Sandpaper is not smooth

A roof is over my head

Given the choice of being a chiuaua in Beverly Hills or a Pitt Bull in a rough inner city neighborhood who has to kill his own to survive, the dog adamantly said: "Rough"

Dogs would rather be in that situation...

If he was indicted they have something. The Feds are usually very picky about that. I think their conviction rate is over 95%. Plus I think they would be extra careful knowing the type of media frenzy this will create. They wouldn't do this unless they have enough dirt to fill his grave.

There are very specific statements in the indictment, including actions and dates. Mr Vick is in some trouble.

This won't go to to trial for another year. He plays this year.....
With his money, it may be 2 years. I'm sure his counsel will try to schedule it around the season too.

Not in the new NFL era under Kaiser Goodell. A federal indictment is enough for a suspension, I'm sure. Maybe Vick will get off easy because he's the face of the NFL? I dunno...but I am willing to bet he misses some games this year.

No, I just meant that he hasn't been CHARGED with anything yet... I mean he's only been indicted by a grand jury... I mean don't villify the man until you've got the "beyond a shadow of a doubt"....

True but to even be able to get indicted on this type of charge you have to have some good evidence. It looks like this could be the end of the Mike Vick we know.

Not in the new NFL era under Kaiser Goodell. A federal indictment is enough for a suspension, I'm sure. Maybe Vick will get off easy because he's the face of the NFL? I dunno...but I am willing to bet he misses some games this year.
Vick is hardly the "face of the NFL." This ain't Peyton, LT, or Tom Brady, this is a guy that pretty much everyone has been suspecting would face some serious heat for this for awhile now and has more than a few other minor problems and criticisms in recent times. Vick's nowhere near safe.

Like others have said though, this doesn't mean too much just yet. I'm not sure Goodell will do anything yet, I think he'll wait until things become more concrete. I think the Falcons are going to start looking around at options though.

Not sure Vick is the face of the NFL, but Ron Mexico IS the face of genital herpes. Wonder how the Federal Prison System is going to deal with that?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 5:29 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 6:38 p.m. EDT, July 17, 2007

VICK IS INDICTED

Falcons quarterback Mike Vick has been indicted on multiple charges by a federal grand jury in Virginia.

The charges are, per ESPN.com (which not long ago declared Vick was unlikely to be indicted), "conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and to sponsor a dog in animal fighting venture."

Three others were indicted as well -- Purnell Peace, Quanis Phillips and Tony Taylor. Phillips' name appeared as a contact person on Vick's K-9 Kennels web site.

The indictment is available on the web site of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. A press release regarding the charges is available here.

There is only one count, for now -- conspiracy. In order to be guilty of conspiracy, the government doesn't have to prove that the defendants committed the underlying illegal acts, but only that they intended to do so, and that they accomplished one or more overt acts in order to reach their goals.

Click link above to read rest of article

But the most damning accusation....

The most graphic misconduct allegedly occurred not long before the first search of the property. According to paragraph 83 of the indictment, Vick, Peace, and Phillips executed in April 2007 approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in "testing" sessions, by "hanging, drowning, and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

In other words, in the same month in which Vick declared that he never goes to his Surry County property, and the same month in which he sat face-to-face with the Commissioner, Vick had (according to the indictment) participated in the killing of as many as eight dogs deemed unfit for fighting.

So what next? After digesting this information, the NFL and the Falcons will have some tough decisions to make. And we think that both organizations will soon be facing strenuous pressure from animal rights groups to take swift and decisive action against Mr. Vick

All I can say is wow....:doh:

It was a joke, babe. :laugh:

I have to say in all seriousness - thank you little 6 lb. 8 oz. baby Jesus for getting him what he deserves. Sounded like he was going to get off scott free. :) A federal indictment has to come with at least an 8 game suspension, I would think.

I like the christmas jesus.

What a scumbag, bye bye Vick. I thought he was going to slide.

I'm watching this right now on ESPN, but they have it worded in the indictment the he and another man once wet a dog down and electrocuted it.

In another incident, he and this same accomplice destroyed 8 dogs by various methods, hanging, drowning, and slamming the dogs body into the ground.

For the love of God, I hope this man ends up in jail giving herpes to dudes that don't give a ****. Can you imagine? What type of sociopathic piece of **** does this to an animal knows nothing of cruelty and that asks for nothing in return but your approval.

I hope he reaps the whirlwind. Reap it Vick.

Archived