Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vick indicted on felony charges (superdupermegamerge)

turbodiesel#44

From China's article posted above.

"The team already is taking steps to distance itself from Vick. During a luncheon for season-ticket holders earlier in the day, a condensed version of the 2006 highlight film did not show him at all, even though he became the first quarterback in NFL history to rush for 1,000 yards."

Vick who?

After hearing that on the news this morning, that right there told me that the Falcons don't want him back. They are probably waiting until the court hearing on Thursday to cut him.

Yes, I think he is done. No other NFL team would want to take on his stink either.

You live near the courthouse? Maybe you can keep us updated on the circus there when it starts. Just for kicks.

I don't live near there but I have a friend who works across the street. He said the satellite trucks starting arriving Tuesday afternoon. The city is closing several streets in the area. The whole thing is going to put Ringling Brothers to shame.

Skins4Me, You gonna defend Vick after he's convicted or just up until then?

I don't live near there but I have a friend who works across the street. He said the satellite trucks starting arriving Tuesday afternoon. The city is closing several streets in the area. The whole thing is going to put Ringling Brothers to shame.

Skins4Me, You gonna defend Vick after he's convicted or just up until then?

Yes, we need you to keep us updated. Like it won't be on every news channel in America.

Yes, we need you to keep us updated. Like it won't be on every news channel in America.

Unless there's a catastrophic event going on tomorrow, I believe it will be on TV on the major news networks. At least on ESPNews. I know they're closing off streets around the federal courthouse downtown as we speak and enforcing no parking signs on main st. in front of the building. It's getting team coverage on the local stations here.

He really could be done in the NFL. No owner is going to want to touch him after the Falcons cut him. I would say Oakland is a possibility but they drafted Russell number one.

Maybe if he makes a sincere apology and asks for forgiveness things could turn around for him but Vick doesn't seem to be the type to do that.

He is definitely going to pay a severe price for his crimes.

Ray Lewis beat the rap for his contribution in a murder/killing street fight. And he's still with the Ravens and going to Pro Bowls. And that was two people killed. And don't tell me he was innocent. I don't believe it.

Thats great,,,but what is a quaterback?

And if you needed Vick to prove that America has lost it's way, your living in the dark. Wake up. There are far worse things going on in todays world, and most of them have to do with crimes against other humans. But that doesn't matter to you does it. Just the poor puppies.

Grammar smack is weak. I guess I shouldn't point out that you forgot that "your", as you used it above, really is a contraction and is spelled "you're" or that to denote a possessive one must include an apostrophe.

Maybe I should simply confine my rebuttal to your stunning lack of reading comprehension. I actually didn't address the dogfighting portion of Vick's sins but concentrated on the greater sin of helping to hollow out one of Americana's greatest icons.

And my recent observation that American culture is quickly becoming a sham has been informed by those, like yourself, that only see fame, fortune, and celebrity as viable modes of being in this world. It is the vacuousness of the American soul that continues to dismiss cruelty as nothing to worry about because that cruelty is visited upon those outside, or weaker than, or less than, or foriegn, or different. Where, sir, did you lose your way specifically? Being cruel and accepting cruelty kills you from the inside. It is not okay especially in one that would enjoy the spotlight, the fame, the adulation and the love that Vick could have had. To dismiss it in him is to dismiss it in all of us and that is unacceptable.

Edited to add: And yes, I love dogs. I have 4 German Shepherd Dogs that would rip your nuts off if you even looked crossways at me. I'd like to see Michael Vick square off with my 125 lb male if he thinks he's so bad. 20 bucks says the coward wouldn't even get in the ring.

Unless there's a catastrophic event going on tomorrow, I believe it will be on TV on the major news networks. At least on ESPNews. I know they're closing off streets around the federal courthouse downtown as we speak and enforcing no parking signs on main st. in front of the building. It's getting team coverage on the local stations here.

I'm sure the trial will be well covered. I meant local info on the coverage like news crews fighting, what the Vick supporters posters say, how many supporters there actually are (coverage often skews that type info), if Jesse Jackson shows up and mostly if there are any hot naked PETA protesters. Post pics please.

;)

I'm sure the trial will be well covered. I meant local info on the coverage like news crews fighting, what the Vick supporters posters say, how many supporters there actually are (coverage often skews that type info), if Jesse Jackson shows up and mostly if there are any hot naked PETA protesters. Post pics please.

;)

I have the day off tomorrow, but I don't think I want to go down there. My wife talked about going down to protest, but I think that isn't going to happen. Parking looks like it's going to be a little cramped down there, not that it isn't already on a normal business day. I think the local channels will cover more about the national media coverage and what kind of an effect it will have on traffic down there than the actual reason why it's all going on. I think I'll watch that angle more than anything.

Archived