Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vick indicted on felony charges (superdupermegamerge)

turbodiesel#44

Everyone was wondering why it took so long for this indictment. Obviously they took the time to gather up the evidence to be sure they had a legitimate case with such a high profile individual and we'll find out soon enough what a peice of **** Vick really is.

Even if there is no trial before the season this cloud will be over the Falcons head all season. Reporters will slam the Falcons with question after question in regards to that punk ass *****.

Damn the Chargers are looking like genuises.

This won't go to to trial for another year. He plays this year.....

No way. I think he's gone. At the very least for this season.

How do you suspend Pac-man for a year for multiple 'incidents' that he hasn't even been convicted of that amount to a guy who goes out partying and gets into unplanned trouble way too much and not ban Vick for life for an on going criminal enterprise?

Now, the can of worms. New sheriffs in town, Goodall, like to clean things up and they are the ideal person to do it; new means they don't have the ties, the inside knowledge, the conflicting agendas and the long term involvement and compromises that are part and parcel to the issues of the day.

The down side is the Vick investigation is going to bring out names. I've wondered before if Portis's flippant comments were related to knowledge of and perhaps involvement with Vick even if just as a spectator.

So, who else? Vick has friends. Famous friends. Now that Goodall has brought out the broom to clean things up, he's gonna have to confront some tough and perhaps very inconvenient problems as this evolves.

So, will Vick be gone for life?

Who else is going to come to light? Or did no one else in the NFL, player or otehrwise, have any knowledge or involvement in Mike's hobby?

So what song should teams play at their home stadiums to get into his head? Assuming that he plays another game in the league?

The obvious one that comes to mind is "Who Let the Dogs Out?" right?? :)

:laugh: We'll never hear that song again in an NFL stadium! :laugh:

No way. I think he's gone. At the very least for this season.

How do you suspend Pac-man for a year for multiple 'incidents' that he hasn't even been convicted of that amount to a guy who goes out partying and gets into unplanned trouble way too much and not ban Vick for life for an on going criminal enterprise?

Now, the can of worms. New sheriffs in town, Goodall, like to clean things up and they are the ideal person to do it; new means they don't have the ties, the inside knowledge, the conflicting agendas and the long term involvement and compromises that are part and parcel to the issues of the day.

The down side is the Vick investigation is going to bring out names. I've wondered before if Portis's flippant comments were related to knowledge of and perhaps involvement with Vick even if just as a spectator.

So, who else? Vick has friends. Famous friends. Now that Goodall has brought out the broom to clean things up, he's gonna have to confront some tough and perhaps very inconvenient problems as this evolves.

So, will Vick be gone for life?

Who else is going to come to light? Or did no one else in the NFL, player or otehrwise, have any knowledge or involvement in Mike's hobby?

Listening to the way Chris Mortenson was talking about it on ESPN NEWS, the NFL may wait in regards to Vick.

That is b/c (according to Mort), Goodell's new policy is geared towards REPEAT offenders. Players like "Pacman" Jones and Tank Johnson were suspended b/c they were routinely getting into trouble or were involved in things that made themselves, and subsequently, the league look bad.

Vick is in a WORLD of trouble with this federal indictment, but he is not known for constantly getting in trouble with the law.

So the NFL may give this more time. I'm not saying I agree with that, but that is the interpretation I got.

Vick is in a WORLD of trouble with this federal indictment, but he is not known for constantly getting in trouble with the law.

So the NFL may give this more time. I'm not saying I agree with that, but that is the interpretation I got.

...it will be interesting because Vick has gotten in PR trouble with the flipping everybody off and the water bottle/secret compartment thing. He's got two little strikes against him already.

Also, people are not gonna march in the streets to protest Pac Man getting into bar fights and speeding and he got hammered. Vick is 100% convicted in the court of public opinion; people will raise constant and holy hell about him, thus the NFL. He'd have been better off if he'd married his 15 year old cousin or something.

I don't think the NFL can give this much time. Dog fighting. Killing the losers. An ongoing enterpirse, crossing state lines. In the news? Day after day?

Again, Pac-man the kinda thug is the new standard; 1 year for being a little out of control. What he did/is accused of, is now starting to look like jay walking thanks to Vick, the dog fight king pin.

Again, I wonder who else in the NFL, if anyone, is involved.

Does anyone know by what percentage dogfighting around the nation has decreased since they caught Vick and his people?

Hopefully, a great deal, youngster. Think about what you're asking though; how much is an illegal activity down since the recent event of Vick getting in trouble.

These type things take time you'll learn as you get older. Certainly dog fighting goes on in other places besides Vicks's house as Clinton Portis informed the world.

Because of all this it will now get much more scrutiny from local communities and their police departments, along with federal attention in felony cases (crossing state lines) to crack down on it.

Good question.

...it will be interesting because Vick has gotten in PR trouble with the flipping everybody off and the water bottle/secret compartment thing. He's got two little strikes against him already.

Also, people are not gonna march in the streets to protest Pac Man getting into bar fights and speeding and he got hammered. Vick is 100% convicted in the court of public opinion; people will raise constant and holy hell about him, thus the NFL. He'd have been better off if he'd married his 15 year old cousin or something.

I don't think the NFL can give this much time. Dog fighting. Killing the losers. An ongoing enterpirse, crossing state lines. In the news? Day after day?

Again, Pac-man the kinda thug is the new standard; 1 year for being a little out of control. What he did/is accused of, is now starting to look like jay walking thanks to Vick, the dog fight king pin.

Again, I wonder who else in the NFL, if anyone, is involved.

Well, I wouldn't agree that what Jones has done looks like "jaywalking" compared to allegations against Vick now.

Don't forget, there is a man (who was a one-time bouncer) who now lies paralyzed b/c of the actions of Jones and his "entourage".

Vick has had issues in the past that you mentioned. Whether the NFL will look at that as the same as Jones (who seemed to get into trouble every week), I don't know.

One thing that surely won't help Vick is that it appears that the articles are saying that the same week that Vick went to talk to the Commish, he was commiting a lot of these atrocities to help cover his tracks.

Which means he lied right to the Goodell's face.

That is probably going to weigh heavily against him as well.

This is proably the beginning of the end for Mike Vick. Not only with the Falcons but more than likely his NFL career. "According to the indictment, Vick was in the middle of everything from beginning to end. He purchased a vacant piece of property for $34,000, the indictment says. He then had sheds built for training dogs and staging fights and a fence erected to shield the operation from view. And finally, the indictment says, he had a two-story frame house with a basketball court put up as a residence for the people taking care of the dogs. If you believe the indictment, the Vick property had everything anyone could want in a dogfighting operation. "- ESPN

There is also, talk on here that the trail possibly wouldnt start for another year unforunatly for Vick and the Falcons organization is not true Acorrding to ESPN.com "The federal courthouse in Richmond, Va., is the home of the nationally recognized "rocket docket." Cases move quickly in Richmond, more quickly than in any other courthouse in the federal system. Vick's lawyers will be looking for delays and for time to prepare a defense, but the trial likely would begin in a matter of four to six months. "

Bobby Petrino can't wait to draft Brian Brohm next year.

Don't forget, there is a man (who was a one-time bouncer) who now lies paralyzed b/c of the actions of Jones and his "entourage".

...that's a good point and a human being hurt or injured is, for sure, a bigger deal than an animal, but Pac man, so far, is not alledged to have done any gun play. Vick is accused of being directly invloved. It's one thing if your boys are out of line. It's another if your leading them out of line.

Still a good point.

Guest sith lord
This is proably the beginning of the end for Mike Vick. Not only with the Falcons but more than likely his NFL career. "According to the indictment, Vick was in the middle of everything from beginning to end. He purchased a vacant piece of property for $34,000, the indictment says. He then had sheds built for training dogs and staging fights and a fence erected to shield the operation from view. And finally, the indictment says, he had a two-story frame house with a basketball court put up as a residence for the people taking care of the dogs. If you believe the indictment, the Vick property had everything anyone could want in a dogfighting operation. "- ESPN

There is also, talk on here that the trail possibly wouldnt start for another year unforunatly for Vick and the Falcons organization is not true Acorrding to ESPN.com "The federal courthouse in Richmond, Va., is the home of the nationally recognized "rocket docket." Cases move quickly in Richmond, more quickly than in any other courthouse in the federal system. Vick's lawyers will be looking for delays and for time to prepare a defense, but the trial likely would begin in a matter of four to six months. "

Bobby Petrino can't wait to draft Brian Brohm next year.

If this trial begins within a year, I'll be shocked. Vick is gonna have a tough time beating this. I'm sure they're gonna be a couple of dog lovers/owners on his jury.

...now that is very interesting. If there is anything to the idea that the NFL was hoping to wait this out or get another year out of Vick, that's gonna stink to high heaven and put even more pressure on Goodall to whack Vick sooner rather than later.

NFL players better not spit on a sidewalk for the next year or two.

Everyone was wondering why it took so long for this indictment. Obviously they took the time to gather up the evidence to be sure they had a legitimate case with such a high profile individual and we'll find out soon enough what a peice of **** Vick really is.

95% of federal indictments that go to trial end in convictions.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2107&line=94201&spln=1

The NFL issued a statement about Michael Vick's situation, confirming that "the matter will be reviewed under the League's Personal Conduct Policy."

"We are disappointed that Michael Vick has put himself in a position where a federal grand jury has returned an indictment against him," the statement reads. "The activities are cruel, degrading, and illegal. Michael Vick's guilt has not yet been proven, and we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts." This hints, though hardly explicitly, that the NFL may not punish Vick before due process occurs. Jul. 17 - 7:46 pm et

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2007/07/Falcons_issue_statement_regarding_Vick_indictment.aspx

The Atlanta Falcons issued the following statement regarding the U.S. District Court indictment of Falcons QB Michael Vick Tuesday evening:

"This situation has been troubling to many people, including our fans, during the last few months. With today’s news, our club and team will continue to be tested as Michael works through the legal process toward a conclusion.

We are disappointed that one of our players – and therefore the Falcons – is being presented to the public in a negative way, and we apologize to our fans and the community for that.

Obviously, we are disturbed by today’s news from Virginia. However, we are prepared to deal with it, and we will do the right thing for our club as the legal process plays out. We have a season to prepare for and training camp opens next week. Our plan is to continue to do everything we can to support our players and coaches."

Listening to ESPN radio at like 5am this morning. They overnight host listed some of the ways these dogs are murdered (yes, murdered). It fired me up.

If Mike Vick is guilty. I hope he goes to jail. I know Ray Lewis basically got away with murder (many believe). But, I want to see people be punished for what they've done

Wow, a lot of haters in this thread........a without a guilty verdict either. Tsk Tsk. Talk about throwing the first stone.

If any of you think Vick is going down for this, you're outside your mind. You may WISH he goes down for this, which is sad actually, but you're only kidding yourself.

Wow, a lot of haters in this thread........a without a guilty verdict either. Tsk Tsk. Talk about throwing the first stone.

If any of you think Vick is going down for this, you're outside your mind. You may WISH he goes down for this, which is sad actually, but you're only kidding yourself.

Sad? What's said is that you let you lame Hokie homerism actually stand up and defend this jerk. I don't care if he hasn't been proven guilty in this case yet. It sounds like the case against him is pretty damaging. Besides that, we already knew that he was an ***hole anyway, just like that hole family.

We aren't talking about 'sin' here. We are talking about federal charges.

If Vick is guilty of these crimes, then the folks on this board aren't "haters".

You sound like someone who will blindly defend Vick no matter what he does, says, or is charged with.

If you think Vick is going to get through this unscathed, you are thinking outside of YOUR mind (whatever the hell that means :) ). You may WISH Vick will get away with this and it will all blow over, which is sad, actually, but you are only kidding yourself.

VIck will get some punishment for his involvement if found guilty but not what he will deserve. Thats a big "if" he is found guilty.

The Duke kids were innocent despite the public outcry so this case could wind up having the same end result.

Well someone will take the fall...perhaps only Vicks "posse". If thats the ONLY ones who are involved then it is what it is. But I doubt his posse will go down by themselves...i dont see them taking the fall for all this. Surely they can afford to buy all the dogs, kennels, tools, cages etc...and oh by the way the HOUSE where all this garbage was found.

We shall see.

The Duke case is a little different in that you had a vindictive runaway DA that should never have brought charges in the first place.

In this case you have a carefully investigated case involving probably a number of attorneys that made sure the bases were covered.

Archived