Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Does All Media Think We Are Going To Be 6-10?

UltimateSkins

Am I just sipping the koolaid or is predicting the Skins to go 10-6 next season actually reasonable? Everyone in the media thinks next season is going to be a train wreck for the skins, yet I see the offense really coming together and the defense being at the very least serviceable.

I'm normally a pesimist, but I think 10-6 is well within reach.

It's quite simple.

We were 5-11 last year.

We have, presumably, improved over the offseason.

6-10 would technically show said improvement.

Mathematically, it's quite logical. However, you would have to ignore the player/coach experience (or lack thereof) and the injuries we suffered through last year, not to mention the fact that our roster has been shuffled quite a bit, but not to the extent that it usually is during the warmer months each year.

If you include the above into the equation, 7-9 or 8-8 would be pessimistic, IMO.

last year we had injuries and brunell. this year, i think campbell will be a flippin stud and our defense will do what it did in 05. and this is Al Saunders 2nd year which is usually the year his offense does really well. i can see why everyones saying we'll do bad, but i can see the playoffs for sure. but i said that last year :(

last year we had injuries and brunell. this year, i think campbell will be a flippin stud and our defense will do what it did in 05. and this is Al Saunders 2nd year which is usually the year his offense does really well. i can see why everyones saying we'll do bad, but i can see the playoffs for sure. but i said that last year :(

dude you need to get a fake id and hit up a bar or steal money from your parents and get sunday ticket

I don't really even have an issue with the media hating on us, however I am just kind of puzzled that they think the rest of the division is going to be THAT MUCH better.

Very true, and i hate that media love Romo sits to pee so much, hes gonna struggle horribly down the road, never be the dominate QB that media makes him out to be, i mean 95 RATING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just look at said media predictions from last year and see how little they actually know. No one can predict the future. They can only make an educated guess. How many people actually thought that the Saints would be a quality ball club? Rightfully so, look how awful they were the year before. They had picked up Drew Brees in the offseason and drafted Reggie Bush, yet no one picked them to be as good as they were.

Look how many chose the Cardinals to be the Cinderella club.

This is what frustrates me so much, they make these predictions and then at the end of the year rarely look back to see how they were.

We sucked last season

A QB who started 7 games in his whole career

No change on the d-line

Returning a RB who was injured last year

And let's add that they are just looking at those things and aren't looking at minicamp or anything like that. Let's wait until pre-season and stuff.

Am I just sipping the koolaid or is predicting the Skins to go 10-6 next season actually reasonable? Everyone in the media thinks next season is going to be a train wreck for the skins, yet I see the offense really coming together and the defense being at the very least serviceable.

The media (mostly) is lazy, many base their predictions on the previous year's standings and splashy free agent signings (to be fair think skins in 2000). We finished last, last year so most pick us to finish last this year, and we were without some key draft picks so no big suprise. Who knows how things will pan out, but I put my money on us in Vegas to make the SB and appreciate the odds the "experts" gave us.

I could see us not winning a game next season and I can see us winning every game next season....both are very probable. We have not upgraded our OL or DL, we never replaced Dock and he was not that great to begin with, we replaced our DB's and LB's again, we like to run talented people out of town and pay too much for players, and we have an unproven QB who might be replaced by Bramlet very quickly because JG is so fickle w/ QB's not named MB. He may replace Bramlet after a couple of games too. The DL may stay healthy and be productive and the new DB/LB additions may come through for us. JC may inspire the OL to do great things, and ARE and Lloyd may play like they are supposed to and CP may be healthy again and all may be great and we could go deep in the playoffs but I doubt it. 7-9 is the best I expect, but 16-0 is what I pray for. I would like to be pleasantly surprised if we do better. I wont be disappointed if we do worse though, because if you lose nine games you are not a good team anyway so worse than that is just confirmation.

I could see us not winning a game next season and I can see us winning every game next season....both are very probable. We have not upgraded our OL or DL, we never replaced Dock and he was not that great to begin with, we replaced our DB's and LB's again, we like to run talented people out of town and pay too much for players, and we have an unproven QB who might be replaced by Bramlet very quickly because JG is so fickle w/ QB's not named MB. He may replace Bramlet after a couple of games too. The DL may stay healthy and be productive and the new DB/LB additions may come through for us. JC may inspire the OL to do great things, and ARE and Lloyd may play like they are supposed to and CP may be healthy again and all may be great and we could go deep in the playoffs but I doubt it. 7-9 is the best I expect, but 16-0 is what I pray for. I would like to be pleasantly surprised if we do better. I wont be disappointed if we do worse though, because if you lose nine games you are not a good team anyway so worse than that is just confirmation.

Campbell is not getting replaced this year. That would be a horrendous decision for this franchise and would force me to consider even being a fan anymore. If anyone comes in off the bench it will be Brunell. Is Bramlett even going to be our third QB>??? I doubt it. Anyways, I think 8-8 is the minimum for this year considering the solid additions we aquired, and because the team has something to prove. Our schedule is not too difficult either, IMO. No way this team goes 6-10. That would mean that 05 was the fluke, not 06, and right now, i refuse to believe that. :logo:

Because the media is smart and remembers that last season when the Redskins were talking themselves up they failed miserably. Especially after seeing ESPN rank the redskins as a contender for the divisional playoff game in their pre season rank em portion of NFL Countdown or something. SO, in an attempt to counter act that lazy attitude the players had, the media has decided to come together in support of Dan Synder and tell the world how much the Skins SUCK. They are criticizing the moves made in free agency, or lack thereof, and the lack of draft picks too. All in the attemp to motivate the team and force them to play with a chip on their shoulder.

DUH

I think that 6-10 - 8-8 will be the average expert predictions for us and I think they're all fair and all arguable.

However I think you should also notice that many of them have and will continue to mention us as dark horses because we do have the talent and coaching to be much better but no experts are going to give us the credit to be better and with good reason.

Personally I think 9-7 is +/- 3 sounds fair.

We have the talent to go 12-4 if everyone plays as they can and of course everyone stays healthy.

However based on the last couple seasons I could also see us at 6-10 especially if injuries take over.

The simple answer is that the team has chronicly sucked for a long time save for one 10-6 season two years ago. We were 5-11 last year and looked horrible. The media will think the worst until they are given reason not to, and fans will always think the best possible case scenario is realistic.

Why is the sky blue?

& the grass green? lol I pay 0 attention to media predictions. I think it's comical so many ppl listen to these folks ...We can all make predictions about anything at anytime...it doesn't take an "expert" to make predictions. Let them say what they want. They know nothing about the future. They are just guessing...stop believing in what they say...draw your own conclusions...or....just wait & see what happens...

They for the most part are basing it on last year's performance, plus the fact that the 'Skins supposedly didn't fix their pressing need in the off-season, DE.

But for me, I LOVE that all the NFL experts have the 'Skins being cellar dwellers again...it gives tons of motivation and it lets the team fly under the radar, away from too much media coverage, and will allow the team to come together for a single purpose and a single goal---to prove everyone wrong. The pressure is off because there are no outside expectations that the coaches and players have to listen to..they are expected to FAIL...which is why I think the team will use that as their main drive to the season.

I'm quietly confident, and am hopeful that all the critics will be silenced after only 4 or 5 games....This team is ready to bust out in a big way this year.

Yep, you're sipping the Kool-Aid. This is a sub-.500 team. The defense is simply not ready.

If true to form, the 'Skins offense will lead the league this year. In his last two stops (St. Louis and KC), Al Saunders' offenses led the league in the second year under his system... <FINGERS CROSSED>

We lost SIX games by 6 points or less last year... you see that happening again this year? Odds are in the 'Skins favor. The year Carolina went to the SB, they won 8 of 8 by THREE points or less...never had that luck again. 6 Points is ONLY one more play by the 'Skins...either MAKING or STOPPING.

We sucked last season

A QB who started 7 games in his whole career

No change on the d-line

Returning a RB who was injured last year

Thats exactly why they have us going 6-10.

Its all good though, because that will give us more motivation and less expectations to the media!!

Archived