Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hate the song now 'cause of the commercial

Spaceman Spiff

Any songs out there you can't stand now cause they're featured prominently in a commercial?

For me it's "Sweet Home Alabama" which is being killed by the KFC campaigns. It's KFC! Aren't there any songs about f'in Kentucky?

There used to be a car commercial for a Hendrix song called "Freedom". I can't hear that song anymore without thinking of the dumb commercial...and as a result, I no longer like the song.

Anyone else?

The correct answer is "Rock & Roll" by Led Zeppelin.

We go all these years with Led Zeppelin refusing anyone requesting to use their music and they finally break down and give rights to Cadillac, who then go on to run the damn song into the ground for 3 years.

The ****s ruined one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs.

For me it's "Sweet Home Alabama" which is being killed by the KFC campaigns. It's KFC! Aren't there any songs about f'in Kentucky?

Spiff, there are just no songs about Utah which could fit the bill. From Wikipedia:

Born and raised in Henryville, Indiana, Sanders passed through several professions in his lifetime,[1]. Sanders first served his fried chicken during the Great Depression at a gas station he owned in Corbin, Kentucky, and later at a restaurant and motel he bought across the street.[2] He generally served travelers, often those headed to Florida, so when the route planned in the 1950s for what would become Interstate 75 bypassed Corbin, he sold his properties and traveled the U.S. to sell his chicken to restaurant owners. Sanders entered into agreements paying him five cents for each piece of chicken sold.[3] The first to take him up on the offer was Pete Harman in South Salt Lake, Utah; together, they opened the first "Kentucky Fried Chicken" outlet in 1952.[4] The Corbin businesses did not bear that name.

Not that I ever liked the song in the first place, but I want to punch someone every time I hear, "This is my countryeeeeeeeeeeeee........" now. Ugh. :doh:

IONTOP beat me, glad im not the only one!

lmao!!!! While I was reading your post, that commercial was playing on my dads t.v. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The correct answer is "Rock & Roll" by Led Zeppelin.

We go all these years with Led Zeppelin refusing anyone requesting to use their music and they finally break down and give rights to Cadillac, who then go on to run the damn song into the ground for 3 years.

The ****s ruined one of my favorite Led Zeppelin songs.

Thats very true, too. I can't hear that song on the radio without thinking of their horrible commercials.

Hopefully for me it will be a while before a company finds a good way to work some metallica or megadeth into a commercial and ruin all of that for me :D

I'm pretty sure I've heard "Enter Sandman" in a commercial. Can't remember which one though.

Yeah who would have thought the original guitarist and the original keyboardist would reunite under the name of Lynyrd Skynyrd and play state fairs and shopping center openings and then sell out their song to a fast food chicken restaurant? How unlikely is that?

THIS IS ARRRRRRE Country.....

I wasn't a fan of the song before the commercial but I still hate that song. While watching a tivo'd game the other day, that commercial must've played in every effin commercial break.

all or most of the obvious choices have been cited, so here's a slightly different twist....commercials that ruined a classical music piece or song, as opposed to a rock song, etc....

United ruined Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue"

Beef (it's what's for dinner) and Copland's "Hoedown"

also, while not a commercial, i can never hear Wagner's "Tannhauser" without thinking "kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit!..." :doh: Bugs is still the best though...

and finally, along the same venue, Tom and Jerry has become my full time visual accompaniment whenever i hear "Tritsch-Tratsch polka" by Strauss or Listz's "Hungarian Rhapsody Number 2".

THIS IS ARRRRRRE Country.....

Not only is that stupid Chevy commercial painful to listen to, its made even more painful by you using "are" instead of "our." :laugh:

I've got a few..

Johnny Cash "I've been everywhere man" Choice Hotels

Yeah - the Johnny Cash song is definitely ruined for me. :(

Good call on the Zeppelin song as well. :(

Johnny Cash "I've been everywhere man" Choice Hotels

Absolute WORST ad campaign in the history of mankind. It was OK when they had the actual song playing in the background and had scenes, but now they've got people singing different lyrics and it makes me sick to my stomach.

As far as Sweet Home Alabama, they haven't ruined the song. I don't even consider that song that they play in the commercial "Sweet Home Alabama" because they aren't playing the lyrics, just a couple of beats from the song and they added some scratching to it at the end.

Archived