Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bonds

2006Skins

The way I see it is:

No matter what side of the coin you are on; Bonds or MLB. Two wrongs do not make a right. Never did, never will, and never should. MLB could/should have gone about the steroid issue from a different angle. Things could have been done to prevent an issue of this magnitude. The fact remains that it wasn't. It happened and we all (baseball fans and Barry himself) must deal with this occurence and it's consequenses.

I feel that Barry should not be proud of what he has done up until this point. He knows that what he did was not all him. Sure, he as well as a TON of other baseball players found the loophole and ran with it. In their minds, it isn't cheating until you get caught. Well, Bond got caught. I feel that he should not be paraded around when, because we all know that he will, he breaks the coveted HR record held by one of the greatest Hank Aaron.

To sum up my stance, I feel that an asterick should be placed next to his name when he breaks the record.. or even if for some reason that he doesn't. I also feel that no matter who the baseball player is and no matter what the color of their skin is... If you cheat you should not be proud of what you have done and you should not be looked upon as something great. An asterick should be put beside your name for all to recognize.

Oh I see, so TV ratings are going down but attendence figures are going up. Doesn't make sense...how about you provide a source otherwise I wont believe you.

And no, football is an outdoor sport sometimes played indoors. Same as baseball (Astros Minute Maid Park roof). Basketball is an indoor game always played indoors...just like chess, tiddlywinks and curling. :)

From what I found attendance figures for both MLB and Basketball are on the rise:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance?year=2007

MLTATT.JPG

Neither sport appears to be dying.

Oh, and BTW, while most organized basketball is played indoors, you'll find that here in the US, most playgrounds/parks have outdoor basketball courts where people play. So it is not, as you put it, "always played indoors."

Well, illegal or not, he cheated. I've heard many say that regardless of the steroids, he did hit those home runs. True, but there is a question mark about whether he could have done it without the roids.

He cheated period. Where have we come in this society where a guy who lies and cheats get honored for doing it?? Let me put this in perspective in a way Redskin fans can understand my point.

Art Monk was a stand up guy. didn't cheat and played with honor integrity. He hasn't gotten into the hall of fame. . Bonds cheated and lied about his steroid use and people and reporters don't seem to be balking at his induction??

What's wrong with picture?? All I'm saying is that if you cheated to get what you are being inducted into the HOF or record books, you don't belong there.

Should Gaylord Perry be taken out of the hall of fame for cheating??? He admitted he cheated.

And not everyone in the hall of fame is a stand up guy...see Ty Cobb!

Bonds = Steroids

PERIOD

He went one year from small, to huge the next, please, guy is doing some ****.

I dont think anyone on this board is suggesting that he didn't use steroids. I think he did it, but so was damn near all of baseball...but only 1 guy is 10 HRs from the record. It aint just steroids dude.

So basically you blame the media for public perception, and Bonds for being distanced. I dont disagree. Many people cant separate opinion/speculation from fact or statements though.

I genuinely believe that Bonds is a grade A *******. The only reason that I think SO MANY (sorry to have to go Larry-style on your ass :) ) people hate him is because the media genuinely dislikes him and rarely paints anything he does positively. There is nothing out there for the public to like. Whereas, let's say, TO. There are people that like TO despite his antics because the media loves him. I'd say TO is WAY WORSE than Barry Bonds, but I guarantee you TO would definitely win a popularity contest against Bonds.

As much as I dislike him...his record will and should count.

Alex Rodriguez is going to make it to 800 anyway.

It's going to be a weird atmosphere when the entire nation is cheering on A-Rod to break Bonds's record ...

I genuinely believe that Bonds is a grade A *******. The only reason that I think SO MANY (sorry to have to go Larry-style on your ass :) ) people hate him is because the media genuinely dislikes him and rarely paints anything he does positively. There is nothing out there for the public to like. Whereas, let's say, TO. There are people that like TO despite his antics because the media loves him. I'd say TO is WAY WORSE than Barry Bonds, but I guarantee you TO would definitely win a popularity contest against Bonds.

Bonds is an ******* of epic proportions. His own teammates hate him. The media hates him. His college teammates and coaches hated him. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets for being a world class ********. During the winter meetings he tried to whore himself out to the highest bidder. Nobody was willing to go near him with the exception of the Giants. I hope he tears his knees to shreds before he breaks the record.

Basketball is a crappy and limited sport. For one thhing, talk about a limited audience...Asians can't play it cos they are small and only freaks get far in that sport. It's played indoors (which makes it a game in my opinion, not a sport) and anyway...it's boring as hell and baseball gets a far bigger audience. Yankees and Mets each got over 3 million paying spectators last year...Sox sell out every game etc. The World Baseball Classic was a huge success....

Baseball is a growing sport. Basketball is a dying sport. :cheers:

Yeah right, what the hell are you watching???!!?!?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Basketball :toilet: on baseball any day of the week. Baseball is entirely waaaay too boring. The season is extremely too long. Nobody cares about more then half of the teams in the league. The Yankees are the KINGS (I hate the Yankees), the players are extremely overpaid, there's no salary cap (which the league desperately needs). Baseball is DYING fast!!!!!! Watch Steve Nash run the point with the Suns, and tell me that basketball is not an exciting sport. You're crazy, baseball has NOTHING on bastketball :laugh: .

Guest sith lord
Bonds is an ******* of epic proportions. His own teammates hate him. The media hates him. His college teammates and coaches hated him. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets for being a world class ********. During the winter meetings he tried to whore himself out to the highest bidder. Nobody was willing to go near him with the exception of the Giants. I hope he tears his knees to shreds before he breaks the record.

You don't know what you're talking about when you say his teammtes don't like him. Whenever he hits one they're giving him high fives and slapping him on the a** as they would do anybody else. And as for the winter meetings, I think he got exactly what he wanted. And that is for the Giants to sign him to a big contract which they did. Actually more than what anybody expected.

You don't know what you're talking about when you say his teammtes don't like him. Whenever he hits one they're giving him high fives and slapping him on the a** as they would do anybody else. And as for the winter meetings, I think he got exactly what he wanted. And that is for the Giants to sign him to a big contract which they did. Actually more than what anybody expected.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=pearlman/060504

And you speak from experience? :rolleyes: I'm from Europe, you know? And baseball is far more popular. When was the last basketball world cup? :laugh: Cricket is more popular then basketball. And one reason nobody likes basketball is because you need to be 7 foot to play it...which is sort of limiting, don't you think? Baseball....you can be any size.

Basketball is dying...face it. Oh yeah...no one likes baseball that's why the Yankees and Mets are each building a new park. :rolleyes:

Baseball has tradition, elegance, style and is a beautiful sport. Basketball is a crap shoot for people with a short attention span who like seeing freakoid giants run around a goldfish bowl size court all the while breathing in sweat fumes in an enclosed arena. Very nice. :rolleyes:

Baseball truly is beautiful, but basketball is the more popular sport, globally. It is the 2nd most global sport in the world (an obvious distant 2nd to soccer). The notion that basketball is dying is ludicrous. It is fair to say that in the United States it has reached its peak, but that is not that case in the rest the world.

You are not looking at this from a European perspective, but from a British perspective. As you know, basketball is not popular in your country; in often viewed as only a school activity. However, basketball is huge in many parts of Europe.

Oh, by the way there is a basketball world cup, the FIBA World Championship. Spain won it last summer.

I really don't care what an "ESPN" article says, I'm going on what I see on a night in, night out bases. I know because I see just about all of their games.

So what's it like living with your head buried in the sand? It's pretty common knowledge that his teammates can't stand him. The hatred towards Bonds is quite justified.

Guest sith lord
So what's it like living with your head buried in the sand? It's pretty common knowledge that his teammates can't stand him. The hatred towards Bonds is quite justified.

I'm just going on what I see and I don't see any hatred from his teammates whats so ever. Word of advise, don't believe everything the media tells you.

I'm just going on what I see and I don't see any hatred from his teammates whats so ever. Word of advise, don't believe everything the media tells you.

Even if all of his teammates despise him, they wouldn't make that obvious through their behavior during games. That would be bad for the team (media distraction).

High-fiving someone and slapping them on the butt because of a HR, that benefits the entire team, should not be confused with proof that they get along with Bonds. From the perspective of a ballplayer, you would like (in a baseball sense) anyone who hits 73HRs during a season because that increases your teams chances of winning.

From what I found attendance figures for both MLB and Basketball are on the rise:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance?year=2007

MLTATT.JPG

Neither sport appears to be dying.

Oh, and BTW, while most organized basketball is played indoors, you'll find that here in the US, most playgrounds/parks have outdoor basketball courts where people play. So it is not, as you put it, "always played indoors."

^^^ That shows baseball attendence going up...don't see basketball anywhere. Something to hide? ;)

By the way, I play baseball on my computer, doesn;t make it an indoor sport. :rolleyes: I mean professionally. Where it's played PROFESSIONALLY. Who cares where kids on the street play it...basketball is an indoor game. You don't play sports indoors...defies logic. :cheers:

Baseball truly is beautiful, but basketball is the more popular sport, globally. It is the 2nd most global sport in the world (an obvious distant 2nd to soccer). The notion that basketball is dying is ludicrous. It is fair to say that in the United States it has reached its peak, but that is not that case in the rest the world.

You are not looking at this from a European perspective, but from a British perspective. As you know, basketball is not popular in your country; in often viewed as only a school activity. However, basketball is huge in many parts of Europe.

Oh, by the way there is a basketball world cup, the FIBA World Championship. Spain won it last summer.

I've lived in other parts of Europe. And basketball is a very minor sport. Italy for example have teams called Whirlpool VA :laugh: Air AV :laugh: Benetton TV :laugh: Lottomatico RM. Oh yeah...blimming very big...their teams are named after companies. :rolleyes:

And you'll remember Piazza played for the Italian baseball team at the WBC?

So yes, you're wrong...the second most popular sport in the world in terms of attendence figures, viewers etc is baseball. Not even sure basketball comes third...as rugby is played by many countries...so is cricket. So yes, you're talking out your arse. :cheers:

Guest sith lord
Even if all of his teammates despise him, they wouldn't make that obvious through their behavior during games. That would be bad for the team (media distraction).

High-fiving someone and slapping them on the butt because of a HR, that benefits the entire team, should not be confused with proof that they get along with Bonds. From the perspective of a ballplayer, you would like (in a baseball sense) anyone who hits 73HRs during a season because that increases your teams chances of winning.

The only teammates that I knew Bonds to have a problem with is Kent and Van Slyke (spelling). I have not once heard anyone talk bad about him at all.

I believe that Bonds used steroid and other performance enhancing drugs.

But I really don't care. For two reasons:

1. Every other player had access to the same stuff. It wasn't banned in baseball. MLB wanted big numbers because it brought in ratings. Frankly, if everyone else could do it, then it was still a relatively level playing field.

2. He still hit .300 for a season. He is still a great hitter. All those other guys that took roids couldn't hit .300 to save their lives.

Blighty, your opinions about basketball are totally and utterly retarded. You know absolutely nothing about what you speak of and you as you continue to speak the dumber and dumber you look. I think if I fet like wasting my time I could destroy every single sentence you have wrote in this thread. Not every single post, every single SENTENCE. I like you Blighty, you're normally an entertaining poster but please just shut up, stick to talking about the Queen of England and the EU and don't ever mention basketball again. For your sake.

Archived