Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bonds

2006Skins

Unfortunately for baseball, it looks like Bonds will break Hank Aaron's home run record this season (now 10 away). Many have said she should be kicked out of all record books because he's admitted to using steroids.

My question is this... What should be done? Should he be kicked out of the record books? Act like his home run record chase doesn't exist?

If he breaks the record he still holds the record wether he "earned" it or not, so he should go in. It may be what the league needs for enforcing more policies or even changing the way they go about dealing with steroid use.

Maybe they already have but I don't follow baseball all too closely.

i want bonds to shatter this record and then baseball gets a bad reputation for doing nothing

Agreed. In my opinion, baseball is the "shadiest" of all the major sports. It used to get by on being "America's Sport". The curtain has been lifted, and it's not pretty.

what's worse? Taking steroids when they were not illegal, or knowing that the players in your league are using them and not doing anything about it for the sake of winning fans back and making :pooh: loads of $$$???

I take the latter, but somehow Bonds is the bad guy in all of this, just because he didn't kiss the media's butt. :doh:

Go Bonds Go!!!

Baseball has singled him out because he's an unsympathetic figure. It takes the heat off league officials, which deserve it more then Bonds does.

Also it should be noted, again, that baseball has a long history of *******s and cheaters in the HoF. Bonds isn't the first... he's just the one baseball decided to throw under the bus.

Unfortunately for baseball, it looks like Bonds will break Hank Aaron's home run record this season (now 10 away). Many have said she should be kicked out of all record books because he's admitted to using steroids.

My question is this... What should be done? Should he be kicked out of the record books? Act like his home run record chase doesn't exist?

I don't like BB because he comes across as surly and arrogant. Just my opinion.

OTOH, I don't know of any place where he ADMITS to taking steroids. There is a TON of Circumstantial evidence, but I don't know of any solid proof.

I also agree that he, along with McGwire (and probably Sosa), took advantage of the rules as they existed at the time. It doesn't matter what rule changes have occured since, as long as you play by the rules at the time, you are OK.

Well, illegal or not, he cheated. I've heard many say that regardless of the steroids, he did hit those home runs. True, but there is a question mark about whether he could have done it without the roids.

He cheated period. Where have we come in this society where a guy who lies and cheats get honored for doing it?? Let me put this in perspective in a way Redskin fans can understand my point.

Art Monk was a stand up guy. didn't cheat and played with honor integrity. He hasn't gotten into the hall of fame. . Bonds cheated and lied about his steroid use and people and reporters don't seem to be balking at his induction??

What's wrong with picture?? All I'm saying is that if you cheated to get what you are being inducted into the HOF or record books, you don't belong there.

I don't like BB because he comes across as surly and arrogant. Just my opinion.

OTOH, I don't know of any place where he ADMITS to taking steroids. There is a TON of Circumstantial evidence, but I don't know of any solid proof.

I also agree that he, along with McGwire (and probably Sosa), took advantage of the rules as they existed at the time. It doesn't matter what rule changes have occured since, as long as you play by the rules at the time, you are OK.

Do you think that he has quit using since they were banned?

baseball knew it had no chance to succedd unless homers were reintroduced and flying out of the park.. THE NBA with JOrdan and the popularity of the NFL was a huge factor in their decision making in allowing steriods to exist

Basketball is a crappy and limited sport. For one thhing, talk about a limited audience...Asians can't play it cos they are small and only freaks get far in that sport. It's played indoors (which makes it a game in my opinion, not a sport) and anyway...it's boring as hell and baseball gets a far bigger audience. Yankees and Mets each got over 3 million paying spectators last year...Sox sell out every game etc. The World Baseball Classic was a huge success....

Baseball is a growing sport. Basketball is a dying sport. :cheers:

Basketball is a crappy and limited sport. For one thhing, talk about a limited audience...Asians can't play it cos they are small and only freaks get far in that sport. It's played indoors (which makes it a game in my opinion, not a sport) and anyway...it's boring as hell and baseball gets a far bigger audience. Yankees and Mets each got over 3 million paying spectators last year...Sox sell out every game etc. The World Baseball Classic was a huge success....

Baseball is a growing sport. Basketball is a dying sport. :cheers:

u obviously have no clue when u talk..

82 games = more attendance:doh:.. Fenway is one of the smallest parks in baseball.. African Americans are being faded out of baseball and its a growing concern..

Meanwhile, the NBA continues to prosper over seas and stern has developed a plan in the future to make a NBA eurpoe and NBA china.

So 330 pound linemen running 4.8 and 4.9 forty's is natural?

Riiiight.

:rolleyes:

Show me where I said football was free from 'roids? That's what I thought. :rolleyes:

But I'd bet dollars to donuts that baseball, had they been truthful and tested 100% of the time, would have BY FAR the highest (edit) % of people coming up positive. They claim to be this pure sport which by my account is the biggest joke in all of sports.

Archived