Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WOW...Cold Pizza has skins picking 1st next year (Merged)

Mattskins83

redskins have a better shot at going dead last than the jags do at finishing 4th. the jags are a great football team, im still confused as to how they ended up going 8-8.

Because the play of their QB. It's been putrid.

Put McNabb on that team.... what happens? This is why I didn't have high hopes for the Redskins last season. As good as the defense was in 2005... with QB play like Brunell was providing... the team was going to a fight with one arm tied behind it's back. Brunell can manage a game at the best of times..... and he can lose games because he isn't efficient enough.

With Campbell.... you can see he has the ability to move the ball downfield.

Wow, saying that we'll be the worst in the league is beyond stupid. Anything can happen I guess, but the only way I see us being the worst team in the league is if, well, I can't even think of anything. I think the worst we'll be is 7-9. If we have a great year and everything falls into place, when can go 11-5 or 10-6. How can we not improve over last year?

The Redskins have to put at least two consecutive winning seasons together before the media leaves us alone. Even at the beginning of our winning season two years ago, the media was saying we were the worst 3-0 team ever.

I think our defense will come out this year swarming to the ball and hitting hard. I think our offense will click and run better. What pisses me off is how the people who make stupid remarks like this get cool jobs talking about sports.

Let me guess, Arizona is the sleeper pick to go far.... again.... for the 4th year in a row... :doh: :rolleyes:

Exactly, Im so f--- tired of Espn, and if I ever see any of those guys in public, I will definetly tell them what I think of them. They cant honestly believe that we are going to be dead last in the league. They say this crap just to take random shots at us. Mannn, we better win some dam games this year. I mean we better at least go to the 2nd round of the playoffs. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I just can't possibly understand how anyone thinks we'll be any worse than last year.

Campbell over Brunell, a healthy Portis, an extra year in Saunders' system, better team chemistry, improved MLB with Fletcher, improved OLB with McIntosh, Springs healthy, improved Nickle and Dime CB with Smoot and Macklin, improved SS with Landry, healthy defensive line, etc. etc. etc. with our only loss coming at left guard.

I just don't see it. There's no reason to believe that we shouldn't be at least an 8-8 team.

agree. with luck..a lot of luck...maybe 9-7/10-6.

I think the important point to draw from this is that the majority of so-called "expert" opinions voiced in the media are :pooh: Did they know what they were talking about last week? or last year? No, and it should serve as a lesson to ignore the bulk of them.

The recent thread about about "Who knows more- the fans or the coaches?" deserves a sequel, "Who understands football better- the fans here or the mediots?"

Anyone that seriously thinks the Skins finish dead last this season needs to put their head in the shop for repairs.

Let me guess, Arizona is the sleeper pick to go far.... again.... for the 4th year in a row... :doh: :rolleyes:

No kidding...this will be THE year that the Cards goes over the top... :rolleyes:

AZ. has a bunch of talent on offense and made some decent off season acquisitions, but the media seems to love these guys for the past couple of years...Whisenhunt's biggest challenge this year is to change the losing culture down there in AZ.

And I don't agree that Washington will have the 1st pick of the draft next year....I will be shocked if we do.

I heard that we are going to trade our 32 overall pick and Clinton Portis for the 1st overall pick in 2008's draft. I think that is what they were talking about.

JUSS JOKESSS!!!!!! :shhh:

I can't stop laughing....thanks for that!!

agreed, barber was that entire offense minus a few nice catches from burress. theyre going to get slaughtered this year.

Very true, Brandon Jacobs is kind of a scary back. and with our old and slow line, he could very well power through them.

I just want to say that I was not only wrong about thinking that the Skins would draft a defensive lineman but I was wrong in thinking that Miami had a front office with intelligent human beings. Miami had the worst draft in the history of the NFL passing over Brady Quinn. I thought for sure they would trade up to draft Quinn but they did not. Now, who is their QB for next year much less for the next 10 years? They have nobody.

We have what we have. A solid secondary, pretty good linebacking, and an aging defensive line with question marks and several coming off injuries. And we know that you win championships up front on the line and or defensive line has just not been addressed properly. New England has been drafting defensive line over 10 years and they always seem to be in the playoffs. The Colts have been drafting defensive line and they are in the playoffs regularly because they have pass rushers who can protect a lead. Even the Giants have been drafting defensive line and the Cowboys recently have been drafting defensive line and ALL those teams have multiple playoff appearances recently. We are the team that seems to flounder YEAR AFTER YEAR and it is no coincidence that we do not draft defensive line YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Very true, Brandon Jacobs is kind of a scary back. and with our old and slow line, he could very well power through them.

IF hes an everydown back, ill be freaked out. hes the only guy ive seen stand up to a hit from ST and not fall backwards. but i dont think they would have gotten droughns if they thought BJ could handle the load himself(lol at bj handle the load).

I agree with the post about hopefully this stuff filters to the Skins. This team in particular seems to be motivated better by being counted out then being hyped as the it team.

Heading into last year we where hyped by the media with the caveat of whether Brunnel can hang in there. This season we are counted out by many but there have been some I can't recall the ones who said it but both on the NFL Network and ESPN someone has said watch out for the skins this season becuase last one we where decimated by injuries, etc.

Now its fashionable to hype the 49ers and the Saints as the new upcoming teams and yeah some are still into the Cardnals. The previous season seems to be the ultimate precursor for the media types for predicting the following season even though the fluctuations are huge in most team performance season to season. Just how it is. But I like us better as the team that is counted out.

Archived