Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WOW...Cold Pizza has skins picking 1st next year (Merged)

Mattskins83

If I recall correctly, no one on these boards had us finishing below the Eagles in the division last year.

Uh, right here :) Don't believe me.... check my history in the Tailgate forum.

The Eagles were missed 22 starters due to injury in 2005. They're still a great team.... and they will continue to be so.

I just can't possibly understand how anyone thinks we'll be any worse than last year.

Campbell over Brunell, a healthy Portis, an extra year in Saunders' system, better team chemistry, improved MLB with Fletcher, improved OLB with McIntosh, Springs healthy, improved Nickle and Dime CB with Smoot and Macklin, improved SS with Landry, healthy defensive line, etc. etc. etc. with our only loss coming at left guard.

I just don't see it. There's no reason to believe that we shouldn't be at least an 8-8 team.

we have no idea if the dline will be healthy. like i said, the season is on their shoulders. if we give up a 100 yard rushing game on day one, thatll pretty much dictate how the season is gonna go.

2005...New Orleans Saints 3-13

2006...New Orleans Saints 11-5...NFC Championship Game Appearance...1 game from Super Bowl

Also, the NY Jets were widely considered to be in the running for the #1 pick for THIS draft for their perfromanace for 2006...it was thought that THEY would be in the "Brady Quinn Sweepstakes" since it was widely thoght a year ago that BQ would be the 1st player chosen...

The last I checked the Jets made the playoffs last year...

The POINT IS...The NFL flips over every single season...of the 12 teams that made the playoffs, 6 will not return...there will be a couple 5-11 or 6-10 teams that make it to the NFL's final 8...maybe in the Conf Championsips or SB.

We are as close to the Super Bowl as the Colts AND the Raiders...think about it.

Really, who cares what they say. It has no bearing on anything. Don't let it bother you.

Its like a "yo momma" joke. You know its not true because your mother isnt like that but it still manages to piss you off. Something this extreme atleast.

the last time the Redskins had the number one overall pick was 1962 and the only other time they had it was after that 1-12-1 season back in the 40's. Joe Gibbs will not let anything like this happen, it's hard to believe that some of these writers in the media follow the game of football.

These two guys are clowns --- they're the prototypical sportswriter who doesn't understand the sport.

They make their choices based on numbers... The Skins had the fewest sacks last season, and we didn't draft or pickup a defensive lineman, therefore we'll be the worst team in the league. Obviously we have perhaps the most experienced coaching staff, if they deemed our defensive line capable, then I'd agree with them over some know-nothing sportswriter.

What irked me even more about these two guys were their #4 choice in the Jacksonville Jaguars -- they claimed that the Jaguars are lost at quarterback and they'll draft Chad Henne next year with the #4 pick... I've seen a lot of Jaguars games and they have two capable starting quarterbacks, they're hardly lost at QB.

I hope Bristol CT and the espn studios go to hell These guys just tee off on the redskins... Last!!!! R u F'ing kidding me!!!! Um we have a qb 2 really good rb's .. Moss. Cooley!!!! And that guy whats his name i think he made the probowl ummm hits kinda of hard Sean Taylor!! Um the lions are worse,Browns,Cards,Dolphins,Bills,Titans,Raiders(Jemarcus will suck!)Greenbay, The chiefs(whose there qb??) Vikings(they needed to trade down and draft everything!) Last!!!!!! WTF....

im seriously worried about our DL. go look at griffins numbers in 04, then compare them with 05 and 06. youll see a serious production drop off. he had like 16 stuffs in 04, last year he had like 2. hes getting older and slower. same with salavea. daniels is 34, wynn is 33. i think we'll be ok with situational pass rushers, some of the DEs we signed will most likely be used for that, same with demetric evans. but i worry about the middle. my only hope is that montgomry and golston are ready to perform at a high level. our defenses run stopping qualities rests on their shoulders.

:blahblah: My ears are bleeding from the constant DL talk! They said they are fine with the DL and decided to address the other 2/3s of the D. Have a coke and a smile! :40oz::silly:

And honestly, people are just jumping on the "let's insult the Redskins because they are the richest franchise in the world and we're jealous" bandwagon. Pay them no mind. We will NOT finish last in anything this year. We have too much talent and people are getting healthy. Its obvious that people are not looking at our roster when they say those things. They're probably the same people who think Moss is an idiot for giving up millions to play for a Super Bowl contender. :doh: Face it, the media is showing that they are not much smarter than the common fan when assessing sports teams and their future outlooks. Let the talk.

Let me guess, Arizona is the sleeper pick to go far.... again.... for the 4th year in a row... :doh: :rolleyes:

:laugh: are you kidding me?! Arizona has been a sleeper pick since '98. Every **** year all of the boneheads are getting a wood for the cards.

In all seriousness though, I would rather be projected to be the worst team than be projected to be the super-bowl champ, less expectations, etc....so this prediction dosnt bother me at all.

how in the world would we finish worse than the texans, raiders, an browns??? i know we had a down year last year but we have WAY more talent than all those teams put together. yeah our dline might not be amazing but our secondary, linebackers, and offense are pretty damn good. i can't wait til we're in the playoffs and then everyone is jumping on the bandwagon!

What irked me even more about these two guys were their #4 choice in the Jacksonville Jaguars -- they claimed that the Jaguars are lost at quarterback and they'll draft Chad Henne next year with the #4 pick... I've seen a lot of Jaguars games and they have two capable starting quarterbacks, they're hardly lost at QB.

LOL, the Jags averaged 5 yards a carry and were top 10 in points scored. Even if they played without a QB they would still finish .500.

Did I mention their #2 ranked defense?

We won't finish last. But how can you blame them for picking us? What do you think they do when they "predict" this? They look at the bottom half of the league, spend about 5 minutes of research per team and determine who's on their way up or down based primarily on off-season moves and the draft, and since we only had one first day pick and have been (relatively speaking) quiet in the off season, they see us getting worse and teams with Jamarcus Russell, Brady Quinn and CJ getting better.

Fuel to fire, baby. I'm getting more and more optimistic as time goes by. Let them hate. I hope everyone underestimates us, from the NFL to ESPN to that annoying puke fan who sits a few cubes down from me at work. Couldn't be any better if you ask me.

Archived