Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WOW...Cold Pizza has skins picking 1st next year (Merged)

Mattskins83

im seriously worried about our DL. go look at griffins numbers in 04, then compare them with 05 and 06. youll see a serious production drop off. he had like 16 stuffs in 04, last year he had like 2. hes getting older and slower. same with salavea. daniels is 34, wynn is 33. i think we'll be ok with situational pass rushers, some of the DEs we signed will most likely be used for that, same with demetric evans. but i worry about the middle. my only hope is that montgomry and golston are ready to perform at a high level. our defenses run stopping qualities rests on their shoulders.

Even with a terrible Dline, saying that the skins are last in the league is absurd.

we have no idea if the dline will be healthy. like i said, the season is on their shoulders. if we give up a 100 yard rushing game on day one, thatll pretty much dictate how the season is gonna go.

Man, would you please get over yourself with your D-line crap. It is getting old.

Reality check #1: you are not a coach of any kind with any expierence at even a semi-pro level. Our coaches have more knowledge of football in their little toes than you have in your entire body. If they felt the D-line was our biggest problem or weakness they would have gone out after DT's and DE's.

Reality Check #2: We have not had a stellar D-line since Gibbs came back, but were able to have two years ranking in the top 10 in the league. On top of that, we have the same core guys from those top 10 defenses returning HEALTHY, something they weren't last year. We also have two second year guys (youth) to rotate in and back up our vets should injuries occur. Remember how you keep saying we need youth, we have it. Why are you so quick to give up on them?

Reality Check #3: If a D gives up 100 yards on the ground in a game, regardless whether or not that is the first game or the last of the season, the season is not dictated on that one game. If that was the case almost every team in the league would have to hang up their cleets prior to the second half of the season.

Reality Check #4: As a whole, the Redskins are a much better team than they were last year. The young guys all have gained experience, the offense has had a year now to learn a new system, and we are finally close to being 100% healthy, something that we were never close at the entire 2006 season.

Man, would you please get over yourself with your D-line crap. It is getting old.

there are plenty of posters who agree with me, im not on an island here.

Reality check #1: you are not a coach of any kind with any expierence at even a semi-pro level. Our coaches have more knowledge of football in their little toes than you have in your entire body. If they felt the D-line was our biggest problem or weakness they would have gone out after DT's and DE's.

that doesnt mean theyre right. i could be way off, we wont know until the season starts. but facts are facts. our dline is old. even when our D was top 10, they havent been very productive. and they all have injury problems. those arent disputable. the coaching staff can love them and think theyre taking us to the top, maybe theyre right, but im looking at facts, not my opinion on this.

Reality Check #2: We have not had a stellar D-line since Gibbs came back, but were able to have two years ranking in the top 10 in the league. On top of that, we have the same core guys from those top 10 defenses returning HEALTHY, something they weren't last year. We also have two second year guys (youth) to rotate in and back up our vets should injuries occur. Remember how you keep saying we need youth, we have it. Why are you so quick to give up on them?

the objective isnt to have a bad dline here. and i really hope golston and mont are ready, but again, nobody knows if they are. are you willing to let the fate of our dline rest on them? im not sure if i am.

Reality Check #3: If a D gives up 100 yards on the ground in a game, regardless whether or not that is the first game or the last of the season, the season is not dictated on that one game. If that was the case almost every team in the league would have to hang up their cleets prior to the second half of the season.

i was exaggerating, relax. but after watching our dline and our LBers last year, if we start seeing the same things from last season, were in big trouble.

Reality Check #4: As a whole, the Redskins are a much better team than they were last year. The young guys all have gained experience, the offense has had a year now to learn a new system, and we are finally close to being 100% healthy, something that we were never close at the entire 2006 season.

they have upgraded every defensive unit except the old aging injured one. the fact that doesnt worry you just a little bit scares me a great deal. but i agree, our LBs and CBs/DBs look muuuch better.

Out of curiusity who were we drafting a QB or RB? We all know were going to make the playoffs this year. The only reason we didnt last year was our defense was the worst ever. That wont happen again are Dline is the same from the year before what has changed in the last 2 years is our LINEBACKERS. We lost Pierce & Arrington they both had a nasty attitude. We have Fletcher and even Landry we will be NASTY again on D. Whoever gets to the ball first hold him so we can bust them up.

Shhhhhhhh be very, very quiet It's Redskins hatin' season.

Going to be fun watching the skins proving the Elmer Fudds on those shows wrong.

Now I am not 100% confident in our defensive line because of age, depth and injury issues but they will be effective enough make us competitive.

Besides the offense should be a handful for divisional opponents

wow.....2 clowns are on cold pizza right now (2 guests Ive never seen) and they just said the skins will finish last in the league and get the 1st overall selection in the 2008 draft.

By the time this offseason is over, the skins will have more lockerroom material to hang on the walls than theyll know what to do with, Every player on this team, specifically the d-line should feel completely insulted and come out ready to prove everyone wrong (i know the coaches already feel this way after last season)

this disrespect for our franchise is really getting annoying. granted, these 2 guys have no idea what theyre talking about, and maybe the skins don't deserve respect right now, but to say we'll finish last in the league is just absurd

thoughts???

yada yada yada

If skins were actually good and didnt have problem with losing seasons almost every yr, then we wont even be hearing this. the nonsense of "wow, i hope some of the redskins saw this" or " wow, i hope redskins get pumped up for this.." is just comical. if the redskins are good , they are good meaning no one will talk about the skins in a negative way. if the skins stink, no matter what the media says about us, they will still stink. if they say " skins are going to finish last" we might, we might not. who gives a damn.

last yr, many have said we wont make it to the playoffs and guess, we didnt make it to the playoffs. we were one of the sorriest teams.

Wait people actually expect reasonable ideas to come from Cold Pizza. Guys its not a fact based show, its meant to entertain I believe. Take everything said with a helping of Mayo or Ketchup.

It should be mustard (gold) and ketchup (burgundy)

well, what have we done the last several years to give them any other opinion? Last season almost everyone here was sure that we'd be 9-7 or better and we said everyone who thought we'd be any worse was stupid. We ended up 5-11 and five picks away from #1. We won a couple games last year that we could have easily lost that pretty much would have given us #1 overall. Our fanbase is some of the most shameless homers, but I will enter this season with quiet optimism.

I don't listen to those idiots on Cold Pizza. They are horrible at picking how athletes or teams will do. Skip said A-Rod wouldn't even tie Pujols April homerun record and he got that wrong so I'm certain picking the Skins to be the worst team in the NFL is WRONG! I think with a better secondary, QBs will be holding the ball longer allowing our linemen and blitzers to reach them and get the sacks we weren't getting last season.

Archived