Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do we get a D-Linemen now???

Failing2BOptimistic

You have four more selections in this draft.

You have June 1st cuts.

You have a pool of players from all around the world competing in try-outs. I believe the Skins had over 80 players last year.

The pessimistic bunch is willing to throw the year and team down the toilet when there still lies great uncertainty.

I'm seriously considering buying some stock in the Kleenex market.

Kleenex or puffs? Ill buy. :)

Acutally our O-line is among the elite; I believe only 16 sacks last season.

As the pessimism flows...

I think alot can be factored into being a crappy team trailing by a dozen points and teams pressure defenses were already celebrating and on their way to the bus. That and the fact on 3rd and 15 we would run a trap play or draw.

lol there will be plenty of D-Linemen left..Some people complain to much and cant be happy with anything..We have 2 great safteys now..The secondary is set..We still have picks to draft linemen..And hopefully we wont have another injury filled season and the linemen we have now will be fine.

I think alot can be factored into being a crappy team trailing by a dozen points and teams pressure defenses were already celebrating and on their way to the bus. That and the fact on 3rd and 15 we would run a trap play or draw.
New O-coordinator. New phone-book sized playbook x 2. Shady and unorthodox play-calling.

I still don't think that reaches the conclusion that we have a bad O-line.;)

yeah well last year I figured we'd be 9-7 10-6 going to the playoffs, and I feel worse about our prospects this year thus the 3=10 number.....Do i hope its better then that, yeah I do, but at this point I'd rather set low expectations and overachieve as set high ones and get blasted out of the ballpark.

wow how off were you in your draft prediction in your sig :laugh:. You had 6 tries to get it right too!

We dont have alot of options right now. Most of the FA actioin is done. We'll have to wait for the June 1st cuts to see if we can get anyone, but that is a crapshoot. Most of the good players have been aquired by then. And we cant expect to find 2 starters in the tail end of the draft.

For all intents and purposes, we'll have to wait for next year.

We dont have alot of options right now. Most of the FA actioin is done. We'll have to wait for the June 1st cuts to see if we can get anyone, but that is a crapshoot. Most of the good players have been aquired by then. And we cant expect to find 2 starters in the tail end of the draft.

For all intents and purposes, we'll have to wait for next year.

Yeah, we have no starters on DL, we are doomed, close the door, fold up the tent, go west young man, move along there is nothing to see here, good gravy people, get some hair on your chest. Golston and Monty are going to be better, Carter is no slouch and showed much promise-(as has been stated on this board by many) Yes, we really need someone to pressure the QB from the other end. Stopping the run is going to helped out by Fletcher securing the gaps and calling the formations correctly. You don't think one of the safties can blitz as well. GW is back to having the backfield that he wants. He always needed six DB's to run it right. When has that changed? Last year Walt Harris would have made a difference, IMO.

And the reality is if the FO has indeed done it's job(sinister snicker here)and scouted properly, we could indeed find a late round or undrafted gem to at least develop and actually contribute some this year.

Yeah, we have no starters on DL, we are doomed, close the door, fold up the tent, go west young man, move along there is nothing to see here, good gravy people, get some hair on your chest. Golston and Monty are going to be better, Carter is no slouch and showed much promise-(as has been stated on this board by many) Yes, we really need someone to pressure the QB from the other end. Stopping the run is going to helped out by Fletcher securing the gaps and calling the formations correctly. You don't think one of the safties can blitz as well. GW is back to having the backfield that he wants. He always needed six DB's to run it right. When has that changed? Last year Walt Harris would have made a difference, IMO.

And the reality is if the FO has indeed done it's job(sinister snicker here)and scouted properly, we could indeed find a late round or undrafted gem to at least develop and actually contribute some this year.

:rolleyes:

Monty has pretty much shown he isnt going to make it. Do realize that he's behind Golston (who should be playing with Griff) and Joe? Joe no more than depth at this point, and getting pretty fragile as well. So, our 2 gap is pretty much unfilled. LDE is no better off.

GW blitzed alot at the beginning of last year. You realize that AA lead his position in sacks coming over here, right? Well, that didnt work out as planned. Our blitzes got picked up (alot due to a D-line that doesnt help) and we got burned. What I dont understand is that alot of people seem to think that blitzing is the only way to get pressure (besides that fact it's the only way the Redskins can get pressure). Other teams can do it with 4 players. You know what that does? it makes blitzes MORE effective, and of course you could always just bring 4, and have a extra guy in coverage. To makes one of those things called a interception. Something we were woeful at as well.

Oh, and the 2 things that Landry has for a weakness? Covering in space (zone coverage), and suspect hands.

yeah well last year I figured we'd be 9-7 10-6 going to the playoffs, and I feel worse about our prospects this year thus the 3=10 number.....Do i hope its better then that, yeah I do, but at this point I'd rather set low expectations and overachieve as set high ones and get blasted out of the ballpark.
I thought we'd be 14 and 2 last year, so naturally we will be -4 and 16 this year.

I'm just saying, it's hard to guess...

What other option is there to sign a starting DE or DT besides picking up someone after the June 1st cuts? You can find depth in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds of the draft, but rarely any starters. Even if we don't improve the D-line this season, we'll still have a better record this year based on an easier schedule.

What easier schedule???

I'm trying to convince myself we are going 10-6 at best

Anyone who thinks that we can stand pat at DL and be competitive is delusional and needs a new prescription.

I agree i mean we are only getting older and older on d-line.I know a lot of people think that the late round picks from last year will step up.Yet they are late round picks and they are in there 2nd year.I really have no faith in our d-line next year.

Archived