Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do we get a D-Linemen now???

Failing2BOptimistic

How do we get a D-Linemen now that we took Landry???

What talent can really be available in the 5th round and beyond???

Gibbs talks about how we found Golston/Mont. last year but having vision that negates credibility of that statement b/c both were ineffective and undersized.

At this point finding a pass rusher(DE) is put off until next years draft but does anyone know (hopefully the Skins when we are on the clock) who will be a run stuffing DT????

At least we haven't traded away next years picks but what about this year??

We need big bodies to put on that line, which at the moment will garuntee 1st downs and possession to retain the ball late in games to make us lose.:mad:

the only way we can improve this is hope that someone gets cut after June 1st, or perhaps a way to trade for Jenkins from Carolina. Otherwise I don't see much way to do this. Joe I hope this next season doesn't break your spirit because I forsea a 3-13 season coming :(

yeah well last year I figured we'd be 9-7 10-6 going to the playoffs, and I feel worse about our prospects this year thus the 3=10 number.....Do i hope its better then that, yeah I do, but at this point I'd rather set low expectations and overachieve as set high ones and get blasted out of the ballpark.

There are plenty of more means to obtain a D-line player besides the first round.

Sheesh, some people really need a tissue around here.

What other option is there to sign a starting DE or DT besides picking up someone after the June 1st cuts? You can find depth in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds of the draft, but rarely any starters. Even if we don't improve the D-line this season, we'll still have a better record this year based on an easier schedule.

After June 1st Im sure their will be a couple straglers that were let go due to cap cuts. Im pretty sure that we can still find some pretty decent DL in the later rounds also. Golston will be on this year too. Im not worried!

It would have been nice to take Charles Johnson at #83 though

What other option is there to sign a starting DE or DT besides picking up someone after the June 1st cuts? You can find depth in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds of the draft, but rarely any starters. Even if we don't improve the D-line this season, we'll still have a better record this year based on an easier schedule.

You have four more selections in this draft.

You have June 1st cuts.

You have a pool of players from all around the world competing in try-outs. I believe the Skins had over 80 players last year.

The pessimistic bunch is willing to throw the year and team down the toilet when there still lies great uncertainty.

I'm seriously considering buying some stock in the Kleenex market.

Some people just can't take it not having it their way.

You are right 6-10 is more realistic.

Landry is going to do nothing for our O-line or D-line and lokk pretty doing it.

We got alot of glamour positions since JG came back but no trench guys and we are going to suffer for it while the rest of the league gets better....even the Browns got better today....Quinn and Thomas in the first round?....that's messed up....Get their FO over here.....Our FO could not have any foresight and take Quinn or Peterson and then made a trade to someone that wanted them. Landry does not make us a better team. He makes a great secondary a little better and does not do anything for the line. Bad move, FO. Thanks again for your ignorance and refusal to do the right thing in this draft.

Guys, are we forgetting that we picked up good Dlinemen in Kedrick Golston and Anthony Montgomery on day 2 last year? The DE's on the board were not worth the contract demanded from the 6th pick like LaRon Landry was. All the Dlinemen had some pros and cons about themselves, but Landry had hardly any. It is much easier to find hidden talent for the DL later in the draft than Safety help, as evidenced with our day 2 picks last year. Let's stop being sarcastic about how bad the Skins are gonna do next year, because last year was probably as bad as it could get. Injuries plagued the 2006 team. Maybe we won't make the playoffs this year, maybe we will. But if us drafting Landry instead of DL help is the end of being a Skins fan for you, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Archived