Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do we get a D-Linemen now???

Failing2BOptimistic

Anyone who thinks that we can stand pat at DL and be competitive is delusional and needs a new prescription.

Its easy to belive we have better players that what was shown last year. Just go watch a few games from Gibbs and GW 1st year w/ the same players and you'll understand why Gibbs didn't go after another D-lineman especially w/ what I've heard about how good Golston and Montgomery are doing.

Just keep drinking the media kool-aid and I will always drink my burgundy and gold kool-aid over the media any day.

Didn't we go 10-6 w/ pretty much the same D-line the year before? I guess some forgot about that.

We drafted a TE in the 7th. I know it's a need position, but what do we do to bolster the DL now? Either we trade away more future draft picks or we pray real hard for a cap casualty or two in June. Otherwise, get ready for a long season.

Forget about a d-lineman Gibbs is happy w/ what we have already, it should be obvious by now. We did go 10-6 w/ the same players on D-line the year before w/ the exception of A.C., Golston, etc.

Anyone who thinks that we can stand pat at DL and be competitive is delusional and needs a new prescription.

We did it the year before last and went 10-6. So why would we rebuild the line when we know they are much better than they showed last year.

So how would adding a D-lineman that won't play this year help our sack totals this year?

Here's what they need to do. TRADE for a DE right now. The unit we fielded last year is not going to help our sack totals! You'd have to be wearing the rosiest colored glasses in the world to believe that!

Seriously we don't have to argue about it anymore, but I'll tell you what, one month into the season when the dline doesnt have a single sack, you're going to wish we either drafted, signed, or traded for someone.

Here's what they need to do. TRADE for a DE right now. The unit we fielded last year is not going to help our sack totals! You'd have to be wearing the rosiest colored glasses in the world to believe that!

So now who do we trade away? and who do we get that will automatically help our sack totals? Easier said then done.

Obviously drafting a D-lineman this year wasn't going to help us win now, maybe thats why Gibbs didn't do it.

Trade Springs. and any other also-rans you have to throw in to make the deal.

And a move doesn't have to "AUTOMATICALLY" help, things just need to be shaken up on the line. Those guys can't get it done, maybe with the exception of Carter who showed signs of life late in the season.

One man does not a line make.

Are you going to try to convince me that Phillip Daniels is a beast out there?! LOL!

How about Griff, who majorly regressed last year. And Golston is still a project.

And I'm still not sold on Carter, he is just the only one who actually showed me something for a short period of time last season.

Even teams that have waaaaaaaay better defensive lines than us are drafting..... Defensive Linemen the big difference is we don't have as many picks though you have to wonder if they would take one if they did have extras.

Fans are upset because it is quite possible that both of our DTs and Wynn will for another year be hampered by injuries and the defensive line by itself isnt going to create pressure on the QB and we have seen insane 8 and 9 man blitzes that still didnt get to the QB last year so there is a little well alot of anxiety from those looking from the outside looking in.

Hopefully 2008 we address the line with relative youth with the top free agents.

Here's the thing.

The Redskins defense from front to back sucked last year.Line-Linebackers-secondary all piss poor.

The secondary has been addressed and will be much improved.The linebackers will be better with the addition of Fletcher and some quality depth.

The line is still awful,but with the added talent to the back seven Williams can get a little more creative in what he does.Even if they stand pat on the line the overall defense will be somewhat improved.Hopefully they can find a band aid or two somewhere in FA ,trade or summer pickup for the line.

Here's the thing.

The Redskins defense from front to back sucked last year.Line-Linebackers-secondary all piss poor.

The secondary has been addressed and will be much improved.The linebackers will be better with the addition of Fletcher and some quality depth.

The line is still awful,but with the added talent to the back seven Williams can get a little more creative in what he does.Even if they stand pat on the line the overall defense will be somewhat improved.Hopefully they can find a band aid or two somewhere in FA ,trade or summer pickup for the line.

That is part of the criticism from some of the fans.

If we get a couple of credible defensive linemen he shouldn't have to use creative packages as much

Here's the deal. Say we have an above .500 season...us guys who are pretty pissed and upset about the draft are going to be quite happy. Why? Because it will be thanks to a miracle from God that Griffen and Saleve'a are able to stay healthy AND play just as well 2 years ago OR that Monty and Golston are on the Merriman 'roids and play much better than even their future potential.

But 4.5 yards/carry and 13 sacks for a season do not LIE.

Seriously, I think most of you guys on here are just damage control or hypesters working for Snyder to sell tickets so the oblivious fans can get shafted out of their hard earned money. Either that or 'ignorance is BLISS'. I'm hoping we can win 6 games next year. The NFC East will be better because of the Redskins. We should be moderately 'easy' wins for the lines that the Giants, Pukes, and Eagles have.

Here's the thing.

I agree the LBs and secondary are improved. But when you build a defense you build from up front! All great defenses have great lines.

Games are won and lost in the trenches! Not from a pair of ball-hawking safties!

LOL it makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Gibbs talks about how we found Golston/Mont. last year but having vision that negates credibility of that statement b/c both were ineffective and undersized.

I guess we shoulda drafted Okoye so we wouldnt be undersized?

oh wait... He's undersized too.

Trade Springs. and any other also-rans you have to throw in to make the deal.

And a move doesn't have to "AUTOMATICALLY" help, things just need to be shaken up on the line. Those guys can't get it done, maybe with the exception of Carter who showed signs of life late in the season.

One man does not a line make.

Are you going to try to convince me that Phillip Daniels is a beast out there?! LOL!

How about Griff, who majorly regressed last year. And Golston is still a project.

And I'm still not sold on Carter, he is just the only one who actually showed me something for a short period of time last season.

Then we would lose are best cb that had some injuries last year, but that doesn't mean he's bad. Portis was hurt last year, should we trade him?

Golston was the only consistent lineman we had, so how is he considered a project. I didn't know a project could start and lead all Dt in tackles.

Griff is are best DT, even though he had a bad year, very similar to springs, expect him to bounce back.

A.C. once confortable w/ playing DE in our scheme was great, watch the last part of the season compared to the beginning, A.C. progressed, unlike the others.

I agree the LBs and secondary are improved. But when you build a defense you build from up front! All great defenses have great lines.

Games are won and lost in the trenches! Not from a pair of ball-hawking safties!

LOL it makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Then you should also laugh at your statement b/c Griff, Daniels, Wynn, and Big JOE, had us in the playoffs at 10-6 and we even won a playoff game on the road, and if I'm not mistaken we still have them, right? That was just a season ago, :doh:

1. Then we would lose are best cb that had some injuries last year, but that doesn't mean he's bad. Portis was hurt last year, should we trade him?

2 .Golston was the only consistent lineman we had, so how is considered a project. I didn't know a project could start and lead all Dt in tackles.

Griff is are best DT, even though he had a bad year, very similar to springs, expect him to bounce back.

3. A.C. once confortable w/ playing DE in our scheme was great, watch the last part of the season compared to the beginning, A.C. progressed, unlike the others.

1. The Skins have been dying to get rid of Springs since last season ended... this would just be a practical reason for doing so. Don't ask me why they want to trade him, ask The Danny. And who said anything about Portis? Don't make **** up, ok?

2. Being "consistent" on last year's D-Line could have meant 2 tackles every game. And be honest for once: leading all DT's in tackles last year wasn't exactly a terribly hard thing to do. Griff was and could still be good, but he has to stay healthy for once, and if you're willing to bet everything on that, then you are quite the gambler.

3. Did you even read my previous post? w/e...

Whats funny is if we go into the playoffs this year, all of you haters will be back here saying that its all of what we did in the off-season.

Why are you complaining about an offseason that hasn't even had a chance to materialize to the reg. season yet?

All other years we made additions and subtractions and were even considered to have one of the best offseasons last year, what did that give us?

Point being, maybe be considered one of the worst offseasons is a blessing in disguise.

I can't wait to feed crow to you pessimist again for your GREAT draft ideas, lol.

Then you should also laugh at your statement b/c Griff, Daniels, Wynn, and Big JOE, had us in the playoffs at 10-6 and we even won a playoff game on the road, and if I'm not mistaken we still have them, right? That was just a season ago, :doh:

Griff can't stay healthy, Daniels is washed up, Wynn HARLDY PLAYS ANYMORE, and Big JOE got benched in favor of a rookie 6th round pick.

And they're all two years older now than they were for that MIRACLE playoff run.

TWO season ago... a big difference when someone ages from 28--30 or 29--31

Daniels is 34 now... they are all actually worse than 2 seasons ago.

Archived