Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arch for a 6 rd pick (super mega-merged)

CPstretch

To be honest. I think it was a steal. This guy was a fat cap hit waiting to happen. That we got rid of his salary (and said ramifications) and actually got something back for him is pretty amazing to me. Now we could conceivably package picks to maybe move into the 4th round, or simply hit for depth on day 2. It allows a little more flexibility. Hopefully the pick won't=Reed Doughty.

We got a draft pick so why can't everyone be happy? And for those who think we should of gotten a 3rd. for him are crazy. All he did last year was get burned deep time after time. And then play special teams. I say good luck and good bye!!

Wait, wait, wait. How could you not bash the front office here? So they made the best of a terrible situation they caused. Hooray, they're the best front office ever! Sure, Archuleta was the WORST SIGNING IN THE HISTORY OF FREE AGENCY but at least they got a six round pick (meaningless with Cerrato in the front office) in return!

That said, I do like the Smoot and Fletcher signings.

I dont think anyone is saying that our FO is the best in the league, but what else do you expect? The man was in a bad situation where he lost his starting job to a 36 year old, injury prone safety, that came in from off the street. Also he was demoted to the 3rd string SS on the 31st ranked defense in the league, where he didn't speak to his coaches since mid-season. Most of the board cringed at the fact that he would be in the secondary for yet another season, assuming that the cap hit would be too hard to trade or cut him. Not only did we trade him for a 6th round conditional pick. It is possible (from the ESPN article) that there maybe no cap hit at all.

Now say what you want about the FO, but i really like this move, and all of the other moves so far this offseason.

The move itself is a good one. But it doesn't make up for the horrible decision to sign him in the first place.

But hopefully the FO is learning from its mistakes. I just worry with Vinny and the Danny (via Vinny) in the front office, the next huge mistake is always right around the corner.

If the Redskins were the only ones to make this "mistake", (not getting what they thought they would out of a player for whatever reason), then I'd be pissed. **** like this happens in the NFL, not just with the Redskins. So they got a pick when some thought they wouldn't even get that. Take a bit of a hit, get something out of the deal, and move on.

]']I'm not gonna lie. I'm gonna miss him. But mostly because I feel bad for how he was treated' date=' and I wanted to see him succeed. Poor guy. Good luck, I hope you tear it up next season.[/quote']

Yeah, deep down i feel the same way. I felt sorry for dude, because he really didn't deserve the back lash. Its not like he was out every week ripping on the Coaches or the FO. He basically took his whipping like a man. I hope everything works out for him.

Great move to fix a bad situation. It seems that we would only have about another $1M hit above what he would have cost and no dead cap next year. We also got a pick in the draft. Grea move! Let's get a big DT and find a better washed up DE for this year from some other team to replace Wynn or Daniels. Wynn needs to come off the $4.5M hit and restructure for one year.

We got a draft pick so why can't everyone be happy? And for those who think we should of gotten a 3rd. for him are crazy. All he did last year was get burned deep time after time. And then play special teams. I say good luck and good bye!!

yea. right.

his product last year - or lack thereof - was it AA or was it a team that totally screwed up its scouting?

Illone, see this is the reason i hate posting during the offseason. People say the most idiotic things. :doh:

sorry...but you're both wrong.

it doesn't matter how this played out. it was a huge mistake right from the beginning. and no amount of rationalizing on your parts will change that fact. we'll all survive and move on. this is just a reminder of how bassackwards the FO has been at times....and folks are getting in some final grousing before turning their attention to the draft and whatever it is we have next season.

At some point, I would like to see someone from the organization -- preferably the "genius" Greg Williams -- come out and talk about why Adam Archuleta, a player he desperately had to have -- turned out to be the worst signing in the history of free agency.

Williams didnt sign him to a contract

when you make a mistake, sometimes it is better to just admit it and move on rather than bring the player back for Year 2 and try to rebuild a relationship that is all but broken :)

let's face it, Archuleta was a prime candidate to be cut this spring/summer.

the Redskins were lucky to get the #6 pick for him. the Bears merely had to wait until he hit the market.

how many teams are falling over themselves for a soon to be 29 year old safety with a history of being injured.

Archived