Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arch for a 6 rd pick (super mega-merged)

CPstretch

To whom? GOSH, a 6 rounder!???! How about a 4th maybe, or a 6th and a 3rd or 2nd next year... jeeez!:doh:

He sat on the bench the ENTIRE year and you want what??? My god some of you are sooo delusional! We had no leverage for a player that we clearly didnt know how to use or rather clearly isnt as good as we thought he was. You wanted a 4th? Jeez is right...

Well it is certianly good that we recover his salary cap money. We had an awful lot of money tied up in this one backup/special teamer. I think he can be a good player, but he just wasn't worth his contract in Washington. Also, let's remember that he was a malcontent. Malcontents do not belong on a Joe Gibbs team.

So, in the end, this was a good move, because Archuletta was unhappy in Washington and unable to perform in a way that would merit his contract.

I still think that Archuletta has the potential to be a very good safety in a scheme that utilizes his linebacker skills of blitzing and tackling. However, at this point, this move seems like a good one.

Since AA only got a $5 million signing bonus last year, this would have accelerated with the trade and that would be a dead cap money. Pennies compared to what cutting him outright would have cost (plus Danny doesn't have to give him the additional $5 million in cash this week).

this is the best news ive heard all week. good riddance to non covering garbage. i love how people think we used him wrong. i didnt know safties werent supposed to know how to cover. he'll suck in chicago like he did here. hes a one trick pony, and if hes only good at playing at the line, hes not a saftey, hes just a little linebacker. good luck archuletemrunrightbyme. youll always be remembered as the worst defensive back on a historically bad defense.

Best post ive read in a long time... :applause:

Stop the sniveling.

Sean Taylor in the Bears defense would not be all world.. he'd be all Milky Way.

Carlos Rogers would look great there too thanks to something we dont have a defensive line that can create havoc with the run defense and pass rush

this is the best news ive heard all week. good riddance to non covering garbage. i love how people think we used him wrong. i didnt know safties werent supposed to know how to cover. he'll suck in chicago like he did here. hes a one trick pony, and if hes only good at playing at the line, hes not a saftey, hes just a little linebacker. good luck archuletemrunrightbyme. youll always be remembered as the worst defensive back on a historically bad defense.

Funny, he was good with St. Louis. and he'll probalby be very good in Chi-town. Watch him make the pro-bowl next year, and Im gonna laugh.

Archived