Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arch for a 6 rd pick (super mega-merged)

CPstretch

So you'd rather keep a guy that absolutley did nothing for the team except cost a butt load, because you think we'd probably draft a guy that might not be productive in the 6th?

yea because we really put him in a postion to take advantage of his stregths and suceed :laugh: all im saying is classic case of our front office not knowing how to scout perssonel.

WE NEED A GENERAL MANAGER, that is unless you like being the laughing stock of the league for a large portion of our personnel decisions

ESPN says it for a 2007 6th round pick. The pick is just a throw away - the real value we got was being able to exit from his contract. This is huge for us cap-wise since any other way of dealing him would have been a big hit. This will free up big money for a possible extension for Cooley, for example.

Ding, ding, ding. Good post. You hit it on the head. I still chuckle at the guys who wanted a 3rd or 4th for him.

At some point, I would like to see someone from the organization -- preferably the "genius" Greg Williams -- come out and talk about why Adam Archuleta, a player he desperately had to have -- turned out to be the worst signing in the history of free agency.

This is simply good news for all concerned, especially the Skins. Getting out from under his contract was the real payoff, getting a pick is icing on the cake. How many posts have we seen lately stating unequivocally that we would get nothing? That we'd never be able to deal him under any circumstances? I don't really care how well he does next season, let the guy have a chance to play where he wants to be.

Cap space, a roster spot AND a pick, this is a step in the right direction, you have to be a real pessimist to see a cloud in this silver lining. So we didn't win the $80 mil jackpot with that scratch off, we got $500. I'll take it :thumbsup:

So you'd rather keep a guy that absolutley did nothing for the team except cost a butt load, because you think we'd probably draft a guy that might not be productive in the 6th?

I think the concern is the history of our front office when it comes to low-round picks.

this is the best news ive heard all week. good riddance to non covering garbage. i love how people think we used him wrong. i didnt know safties werent supposed to know how to cover. he'll suck in chicago like he did here. hes a one trick pony, and if hes only good at playing at the line, hes not a saftey, hes just a little linebacker. good luck archuletemrunrightbyme. youll always be remembered as the worst defensive back on a historically bad defense.

Good riddance...not to AA, but to the 2006 offseason aches.

And I can't want until the threads come after he's used correctly, "zomg, why didn't we keep him?" Those will be a headache.

Look at it this way, I'm pretty sure it was be traded, cut, or bench in Washington. This way we get something.

He was one of our leading tacklers while he was starting.. Was he not?

He was a victim of NO PASS RUSH.

Properly used can you honestly say he isnt worth more then a 6th rounder?

Do you not think he is going to make us regret him leaving when we play the Bears this year?

exactly how i feel, although hearing conditional makes me feel better knowing that him doing well might actually hook us up :helmet:

Archived