Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I don't have a problem with it, I just don't get the idea behind white on white or whatever. It's boring. Every team has a white away. We have one of the best color combos in the NFL. Why not continue to use it?

Well, I don't want white-on-white myself.

But I don't care for the ketchup and mustard look either. :)

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 2

Because it is a "classic" look, clearly not up to date, and being used for purely selfish reasons of one person.

how is it not up to date.  And as a fan of our burgundy jerseys and not a fan of white pants I love this combination

• Like 2

I became a Skins fan when they had unis similar to our current arrangement, with the gold Circle-R helmets. I grew up with them and the next two versions (change to current helmet, and change to Gibbs I including the single year with the tail-between-the-legs feather change). I think they are all great.

• Like 1

how is it not up to date. And as a fan of our burgundy jerseys and not a fan of white pants I love this combination

Because the combination was last used in the 70s. Might as well go ahead and put shag carpet in the locker room and add a mid torso v-neck to the jerseys so chest hair can pop through.

Also because the jersey and helmet are from a different era than the socks and pants so nothing matches, like the stripes are all a mess

I don't actually mind the gold pants or even the shade of gold used. I just wish the uniforms were modernized, matched and we used the white and burgundy pants occaisonally to mix it up.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

Because it is a "classic" look, clearly not up to date, and being used for purely selfish reasons of one person.

Yes, no one wants the gold pants except Allen,

Just him.

He's the only one.

But, wait. The burgundy pants were first used in 1979.

:angry: Outdated !

• Like 2

Because the combination was last used in the 70s. Might as well go ahead and put shag carpet in the locker room and add a mid torso v-neck to the jerseys so chest hair can pop through.

Also because the jersey and helmet are from a different era than the socks and pants so nothing matches, like the stripes are all a mess

I don't actually mind the gold pants or even the shade of gold used. I just wish the uniforms were modernized, matched and we used the white and burgundy pants occaisonally to mix it up.

what does the complaint about the stripes not matching even mean?

Sorry, but the white over yellow screams 'I give up'. White typically used in wars to surrender, and yellow, well, if i gotta explain it.

Allen needs to put the gin down and get with the times.  The 'gold' isn't a real gold, its yellow, unless you refer to the tan-yellow-dust color. 

The white over burgundy WITH nice striping that Gibbs had was the look that everyone references the Redskins to, and they just look faster wearing those colors.  But c'mon, Allen wants a color orgy on our uniforms; nothing clashes with him. I bet he has a closet full of wool & corduroy suits in there.

• Like 3

what does the complaint about the stripes not matching even mean?

THe helmet has 2 thin white stripes and a thick gold stripe. The jerseys have 2 fat ugly white and gold stripes, the pants have 2 thin red stripes and a fat white stripe, the socks have about 6 different random ass stripes.

Basically, every piece of the uniform has a different stripe pattern. At least, pre-gold pants, we had 2 thick stripes on the jersey, pants and socks so there was some consistency. Now we look like we got dressed in the dark.

So yeah, that's what i mean. Have consistency in the design throughout the uniforms. That's why we need to modernize and update our uniforms. Pull all this stuff together, maybe add some accents or something, whatever the case. Our uniform is stale and boring and looks like it's being pulled from multiple different eras and design choices because it is

But c'mon, Allen wants a color orgy on our uniforms; nothing clashes with him. I bet he has a closet full of wool & corduroy suits in there.

Lmao I died Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

Sorry, but the white over yellow screams 'I give up'. White typically used in wars to surrender, and yellow, well, if i gotta explain it.

Allen needs to put the gin down and get with the times.  The 'gold' isn't a real gold, its yellow, unless you refer to the tan-yellow-dust color. 

The white over burgundy WITH nice striping that Gibbs had was the look that everyone references the Redskins to, and they just look faster wearing those colors.  But c'mon, Allen wants a color orgy on our uniforms; nothing clashes with him. I bet he has a closet full of wool & corduroy suits in there.

white doesn't clash with anything and reds and yellows don't clash with each other.  We aren't even the only team in the league with a variation of that color scheme.  The issue with the white on yellow is is't to boring

"Just look faster,"  man that's just nonsense talk.  Look having to do with speed?  Only if we toss some flag patches on and turn them like they do on jets.

THe helmet has 2 thin white stripes and a thick gold stripe. The jerseys have to fat ugly white and gold stripes, the pants have 2 thin red stripes and a fat white stripe, the socks have about 6 different random ass stripes.

Basically, every piece of the uniform has a different stripe pattern. At least, pre-gold pants, we had 2 thick stripes on the jersey, pants and socks so there was some consistency. Now we look like we got dressed in the dark.

So yeah, that's what i mean. Have consistency in the design throughout the uniforms. That's why we need to modernize and update our uniforms. Pull all this stuff together, maybe add some accents or something, whatever the case. Our uniform is stale and boring and looks like it's being pulled from multiple different eras and design choices because it is

except for maybe tossing in some yellow shoulders like some teams do with their secondary colors the modern uniforms in the NFL don't do much for me.  And the stripes matching is a total non-issue for me

So many weirdos on this site man lol

Glad you decided to join the club. ;)

how is it not up to date.  And as a fan of our burgundy jerseys and not a fan of white pants I love this combination

You look around the league at what teams are wearing today, and the Redskins look like they stepped out of a time warp from the Brady Bunch era.

The uniforms need to be modernized.

• Like 3

Glad you decided to join the club. ;)

You look around the league at what teams are wearing today, and the Redskins look like they stepped out of a time warp from the Brady Bunch era.

The uniforms need to be modernized.

I would say they fit with the Cowboys, Giants, Bears,  Packers, Vikings, Saints, 49ers and the Rams in the NFC, the Ravens, Chargers, Bills, Steelers, Chiefs, Colts, Raiders. That puts on the same side as half the league.  And the other half has some disasters like the Jags uniforms

• Like 1

The white over yellow screams "I give up"? Hmm. I wasn't aware that the color combo of our uniforms on game day is part of the team giving up. Here I thought that the horrible players we've had the last 20 years are the cause of that!

If that wasn't what you meant (referring to skins island connection), then nevermind.

Never made a claim that the banana-fabulous pants directly translates to wins or losses.  

No, just that we would be more menacing without them.

That dancing banana should have a ring on every finger.

One for every Super Bowl won by the Steelers and Packers.

Edited by Spearfeather