Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

If we get black anything on the jerseys I will go on a killing spree. That should've died a long time ago with Jim Zorn. An all black alternate uni is just about the most played out thing in all of sports.

But again, it's one of those new age things (Ooh! Ooh! Lets have a blackout!!!")

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

I say this with black being my favorite "color"... I don't think I can get down with black jerseys. Look at those jerseys that sitting bull posted (You can look at all 32 teams here). You can't tell me that the first two jerseys stomps the living heck out of the black one. And that black jersey is very well done, and could look different live, but in that picture it is by far the third best jersey...

I wish I could see how all white would look in that scheme and white on burgundy....

Edited by MLSKINS

I wish I could see how all white would look in that scheme and white on burgundy....

Here is white on burgundy...

white-red.png

If i get some time tonight, I'll put a white on white together.  It'll take a little more work than this one did.

• Like 1

If we get black anything on the jerseys I will go on a killing spree. That should've died a long time ago with Jim Zorn. An all black alternate uni is just about the most played out thing in all of sports.

But again, it's one of those new age things (Ooh! Ooh! Lets have a blackout!!!")

I view mostly black the same way I view mostly white. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Works best when it's rarely used as a sort of cool "special" look. Best example of this IMO are the laker whites. If I had to choose between white and black I'd favor white but some black alternates are well done and I like dark red shades combined with black. Edited by Destino

I view mostly black the same way I view mostly white. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Works best when it's rarely used as a sort of cool "special" look. Best example of this IMO are the laker whites. If I had to choose between white and black I'd favor white but some black alternates are well done and I like dark red shades combined with black.

Meh, if it is a primary part of your color scheme than I view it as less of a crime against humanity. What the Vols did though, with that halloween blackout a few years ago, was a terrorist attack.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

So, my alma-mater HS is going through a bit of a change and to be clear as part of the first graduating class we got to pick the name and color scheme. We went with the Patuxent Panthers and chose forrest green, black and white as our colors. Our uniforms were sharp and everyone has a forrest green PHS Panthers baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, etc. shirt, hoodie you name it. Well, this year our football team, with some help of the students chose to change it up and use the bright electric green, something close to what the Seahawks use as an accent color. At first, I didn't like the fact that they were changing the color scheme that WE chose and established. A few weeks go by and I am seeing overwhelming support for the bright green, shirts, hats, scarves, gloves, hoodies you name it was bright green and the community embraced it. At that point I realized that it was the right decision for our school, the old color scheme and look was tired and worn out. The new look refreshed a community and a football team, we made it to the state championship game this year and the community was behind those boys.

Moral of the story sometimes we need to embrace change, let go of the past and give our franchise new life.

• Like 1

I'm really not one to associate winning or losing with uniforms, even though I joke about it a lot. I think having an identity with uniforms is more important for teams that have little to no relevant history.

I think people resort to many false/meaningless ideologies when it comes to uniforms. The only thing that forms a positive identity is winning... Titaw basically said it himself. You can read hundreds of posts in here from people who want the Skins to go back to burgundy pants simply because they "Won with them in the 80's," or because "They are our traditional championship jerseys," when there is more of a tradition of losing associated with them at this point, since the team has been a majority dumpster fire for 20+ years.

Thats why bad teams, or historically irrelevant teams are always the ones changing their uniforms constantly. They're the ones that have to constantly reinvent themselves. Thats probably why the Bucs went from having one of the sweetest jerseys to now being the pits. Gotta find a way to get their miniscule fanbase to expand, and create some buzz, and make some merchandise dollars and get people out of their 10 year old Sapp/Brooks/Alstott gear. My train of thought: if it looks good, but is a little outdated, then feel free to work in some minor changes. If it is simply beastly, leave it alone.

It should always be about simply the uniforms themselves. Wanting a uniform to stay the same (if it looks good) shouldn't equate to failure to embrace change or "Holding onto the past." You can change a name, change a logo, create an alternate uni, or move the team to another damn city. A poorly run franchise will always find a way to be a poorly run franchise no matter what the team wears.

Why should anyone change just for the sake of change itself?

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

So, my alma-mater HS is going through a bit of a change and to be clear as part of the first graduating class we got to pick the name and color scheme. We went with the Patuxent Panthers and chose forrest green, black and white as our colors. Our uniforms were sharp and everyone has a forrest green PHS Panthers baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, etc. shirt, hoodie you name it. Well, this year our football team, with some help of the students chose to change it up and use the bright electric green, something close to what the Seahawks use as an accent color. At first, I didn't like the fact that they were changing the color scheme that WE chose and established. A few weeks go by and I am seeing overwhelming support for the bright green, shirts, hats, scarves, gloves, hoodies you name it was bright green and the community embraced it. At that point I realized that it was the right decision for our school, the old color scheme and look was tired and worn out. The new look refreshed a community and a football team, we made it to the state championship game this year and the community was behind those boys.

Moral of the story sometimes we need to embrace change, let go of the past and give our franchise new life.

Hey I went to Leonardtown. I thought Patuxent had some pretty nice unis compared to some of the other teams in SMAC. Ours were pretty crappy while I was there, but they are much better now.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we make this a permenant thing?

That would be ok in my book, but they'll need to A: make the burgundy match and B:remove the shoulder emblems as it's kind of redundant. Either the normal head or the "retro" one on the helmet would be ok.

Edited by hawgboy