Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Does anyone know if any teams are changing uniforms next year?

Galvatron, doubtful. Snyder/Allen are too conservative with uniforms as they won't let go of the past and do something new. They won't even update the stripes on the mustard pants to match the uniform.

because it's plain, it's ordinary, it's a boring as a white dress suit, the few stripes aren't enough to liven it up.  I want color, as much color as possible

Get me a yellow jersey somehow or put red on the white jerseys shoulders like the cards do

You say ordinary and boring, I say classy and clean. Plus the dirt and grass stains were more visable.

Look at these jerseys man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmBZweZaUI

Ordinary and boring? lol

I like the above pic, and I agree about the numbers with no gold trim.  The white looks crisper, and pops more.  I also like the thinner white stripes on the helmet.  I'd prefer both the burgundy and gold be a little darker though.

I'd bring the 70's Allen era uniforms mixed with the 60's look.  Maybe keep the current helmet, but have the jerseys and pants more like the picture below.  I particularly like the single burgundy stripe on the gold pants of this look:

!Bp5NOnQBGk~$(KGrHqEOKjYEuc7bWo4+BLtVSkP

Its funny, this thread never dies!

I would like the Skins to do something similar to the Panthers.  They have the lilst of uni's being worn to each home game up online and at the stadium.  They usually do 2 blue/3 black/2white i think.  its cool to have, know what games what color is being worn.  For nerds like me that match the jersey :)

• 2 weeks later...

Uniforms should be burgundy jersey and gold pants and gold jersey and burgundy pants. Single stripe down the pant leg of the opposite color, same helmet, socks match the jersey color for that game single stripe around the top of the sock that matches the pant color, and single stripe of color on jersey sleeves of opposite color. 

No white, no black, purely burgundy and gold.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

Uniforms should be burgundy jersey and gold pants and gold jersey and burgundy pants. Single stripe down the pant leg of the opposite color, same helmet, socks match the jersey color for that game single stripe around the top of the sock that matches the pant color, and single stripe of color on jersey sleeves of opposite color. 

No white, no black, purely burgundy and gold.

While I won't go so far as to say that we shouldn't never have white as a uniform option, I do agree that our uniforms should largely be based on our two primary colors: Burgundy and Gold.

My suggestions for default color schemes are as follows:

Home:

- White Jerseys + Gold Pants

- Alternate Home: Gold Jerseys + Burgundy Pants (as per my other post for a mock look): 5160298466_6e691ab0f5_z.jpg)

- Alternate Home 2: White Jersey + Burgundy Pants

Away:

- Burgundy Jerseys + Gold Pants

- Alternate: (if Home opponent chooses a non-white Jersey) Gold Jerseys + Burgandy Pants

Other schemes:

- White on White is like Olaf the Snowman came to town. Should be a crime for any NFL franchise.

- Burgundy on Burgundy looks like the team went for the heavily used tampon costume for Halloween. Not a good look.

Edited by Skinsfan_70

Kind of off topic, but I think I'm going to make this helmet for my collection.  It would be nice to see the team wear this as a fauxback, but of course the one helmet rule wouldn't allow for it...

It actually would be fine.  The issue with the one-helmet rule is that your helmet has to be the same base color, so that it can be repainted without switching out helmets.  As long as your concept helmet keeps the same base burgundy color in the background they can easily repaint it.

The issue that the Buccaneers had last season was that the throwback helmets were white, whereas their current helmets are gold. Apparently, they can't just repaint the normal helmets and would have to use different ones for the throwback weekend.  That's why Goodell squashed the idea.

It actually would be fine.  The issue with the one-helmet rule is that your helmet has to be the same base color, so that it can be repainted without switching out helmets.  As long as your concept helmet keeps the same base burgundy color in the background they can easily repaint it.

The issue that the Buccaneers had last season was that the throwback helmets were white, whereas their current helmets are gold. Apparently, they can't just repaint the normal helmets and would have to use different ones for the throwback weekend.  That's why Goodell squashed the idea.

Even under the old rules, the NFL wouldn't allow for the alternate helmets.  Throwback helmets that a team once wore, were the only second helmet allowed.

Goodell is a hypocrite. Every QB has a spare helmet on the sidelines in case the headset goes out. So in essence, 2 different helmets will be used. So what is the difference in using two different helmets in one game or for different games? A player will wear the same exact "type" of helmet because it's comfortable.

Edited by pjfootballer

Goodell is a hypocrite. Every QB has a spare helmet on the sidelines in case the headset goes out. So in essence, 2 different helmets will be used. So what is the difference in using two different helmets for different games? A player will wear the same exact "type" of helmet because it's comfortable.

The whole helmet restriction thing is total CYA for the concussions lawsuit on Goddell's part.  He'll act like it's for player safety, but then push for an 18 game schedule, thus putting the players in further danger.  Of all the big league commishs, he may be the most evil.

• Like 1

The 2 helmet thing is dumb. Look at Wes Welker. He had a concussion and switched helmets. I remember listening to Cooley talk about this during the season and basically say the players switch helmets during the season all the time. Especially during games if something goes wrong with their current helmet.

Why the NFL is so against throwbacks I have no idea. Every other league has embrassed it except the NFL. MLB, NBA and the NHL do a good job marketing their throwback gear and allowing teams to wear it. Why the money hungry NFL doesn't, I have no idea.

• Like 1

The 2 helmet thing is dumb. Look at Wes Welker. He had a concussion and switched helmets. I remember listening to Cooley talk about this during the season and basically say the players switch helmets during the season all the time. Especially during games if something goes wrong with their current helmet.

Why the NFL is so against throwbacks I have no idea. Every other league has embrassed it except the NFL. MLB, NBA and the NHL do a good job marketing their throwback gear and allowing teams to wear it. Why the money hungry NFL doesn't, I have no idea.

I agree. it's very odd.

The NFL and their rules on Uni's are a mess. All it does is take away extra money the league would be sharing. Some teams would stick with their traditional Uni's and others would go all Oregon/Maryland.

Isn't Tampa showing off new Uni's tomorrow? Or a new Helmet with a chrome facemask? 

Well done StephenB. I'd like to see the entire Skins Uni scheme trend darker to true burgundy and true gold.

• Like 1

The NFL is the most money grubbing league, but they don't do the whole alternate helmets/9 different uniforms/Oregon type of thing to build strong brand identities and brand recognition with its teams.  Their philosophy is that stablility with uni (can only change once every 5 years/limited uni options) and no alternate helmets (throwbacks excluded prior to this season) strengthens the teams identities, and therefore sells more merchendise.  For example, as soon as you turn on the TV and see the Redskins playing, you know it's the Redskins.  It's not like turning on a Maryland game and having to double take to figure out who is playing.  Yeah, the whole thing sounds counterintuitive to the NFL's money grubbing ways, but they are playing the long game and making money that way.

The NFL is the most money grubbing league, but they don't do the whole alternate helmets/9 different uniforms/Oregon type of thing to build strong brand identities and brand recognition with its teams.  Their philosophy is that stablility with uni (can only change once every 5 years/limited uni options) and no alternate helmets (throwbacks excluded prior to this season) strengthens the teams identities, and therefore sells more merchendise.  For example, as soon as you turn on the TV and see the Redskins playing, you know it's the Redskins.  It's not like turning on a Maryland game and having to double take to figure out who is playing.  Yeah, the whole thing sounds counterintuitive to the NFL's money grubbing ways, but they are playing the long game and making money that way.

Yes and no. The Boston Red Sox have one of the most well known logos in all of sports. They have different uniforms and hats, yet you know its the Red Sox playing. The Celtics and Lakers are 2 of the most prestigious NBA teams, yet they have alternate/throwback unis.

I'm not saying teams need to be like college teams and have a different uni/helmet combo for every game, but I don't see the harm in wearing throwbacks/alternates every once in awhile. I think right now, teams are only allowed to wear throwbacks/alternate uniforms twice a year. Why? You would think letting teams wear throwbacks/alternates would lead to more merchandise sales. Look at when LeBron was on the Cavs. They had a ton of throwback jerseys and people were buying those things up like crazy. What's so bad about letting the Bucs wear their Bucco Bruce jerseys? The Skins wearing the R helmets? The Patriots wearing there throwbacks? The Chargers wearing more powder blue? None of that has any effect on the play on the field.

I see why you would want brand identity, but you can look at the scoreboard in one of the corners of the screen to figure that out.  Also, I would be shocked if the NFL didn't tout it all over the place if someone was wearing a new uniform on a specific date.

I'd love to see some throwbacks, and I would really like a darker uniform - burgundy not red.  Good point @...pants.

What's so bad about letting the Bucs wear their Bucco Bruce jerseys? The Skins wearing the R helmets? The Patriots wearing there throwbacks? The Chargers wearing more powder blue? None of that has any effect on the play on the field.

The NFL still allows teams to sport throwbacks twice per season, but the one helmet rule made it tough on some teams.  I know the Bucs put the kibosh on their creamsicle throwback because wearing them meant wearing their regular helmet with them.  That wouldn't look so hot.  It's too bad the NFL enacted this rule.

• Like 1